Trip

The New Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yes uncle, I already got everything inside my bag.” Jisoo rolled her eyes.

Jisoo was with the other students, waiting to board their bus for their school field trip. Her uncle TOP made a last minute call to check up on her neice. He was worried that she might’ve left something behind. Jisoo ended the call and put away her phone inside her bag.

“Was that your uncle?” Taeyong asked from behind.

Jisoo jumped. She didn’t realize Taeyong was behind her. She rolled her eyes for the second time before turning away. She was still pissed at him for ignoring her for the last couple of days and she intended to return that favor to him. It was a living hell not only for her but also for her friends who decided to stand up for her.

“Are you still mad at me?” Taeyong pouted which made some girls squeal. “Come on. I already said sorry.”

Jisoo paused, turning around to face him. Taeyong was caught off guard. He swallow when he saw the look on the girl’s face. Jisoo was about to open to scold him, to give him a piece of her mind but remembered that she was supposed to ignore him so she turned around.

Jisoo took the farthest seat on the back. Taeyong followed her, sitting right next to where she was. Jisoo continued to ignore him. She busied herself with her phone while Taeyong remained persistent. He wouldn’t stand still knowing someone hates him. He was not sure himself but Jisoo ignoring him made him restless. It was bothering him. Taeyong noticed Jisoo reading a message from her phone. He tried to pry but Jisoo immediately put it away, leaving him with only a name.

“Bobby?” Taeyong quirked an eyebrow. “You know that guy from class 2-C?”

Jisoo gave him a look.

Taeyong paused, remembering something. “Ah! That was the same guy who stood up for you at the girl’s washroom. How do you know him?”

Jisoo closed her eyes.

“It doesn’t matter.” Taeyong shrugged. “That guy’s trouble. The Higher Ups won’t let him go that easily not after what happened a year ago.”

That got Jisoo’s attention. “You know what happened to him before?”

Taeyong looked surprised. He blinked. Jisoo also blinked. Realizing her mistake, she bit down her lower lip. She groaned. Way to go Jisoo. Taeyong smiled victoriously. He got her.

…..

“Alright! Listen up everyone!” Teacher Seo called all the students’ attention. “We have three different activities here that you can choose from. Fishing, mountain climbing and sketching.”

“Stop it.”

Bobby turned around when he heard that familiar voice. He immediately spotted Jisoo from the other side of the line where her other fellow class 2-A students were lined up. He saw the popular guy, Lee Taeyong teasing her. Jisoo seemed to be comfortable around him since she was making that kind of faces.

“What do you think of that guy?” Yunhyeong asked beside him.

“What do you mean?” Bobby raised an eyebrow towards his friend.

Yunhyeong rolled his eyes. “I was talking about that guy’s intention.”

“What about it?”

“Yah, aren’t you worried about Jisoo?” Yunhyeong gaped. “She’s our friend and your neighbor.”

“She’s making friends.” Bobby said, matter of factly. “Isn’t that what’s more important?”

Yunhyeong groaned, feeling frustrated. “I wish Jinhwan’s here so he can knock some senses into you.”

“Seniors can’t come to this field trip.” Bobby reminded him. “This is only open to all second year students, remember?”

“I know that!” Yunhyeong almost yelled. “It’s just a figure of speech.”

“Now, each activity has certain quota you need to fulfill in order for you to pass.” Teacher Seo continued. “For fishing, each student needs to catch at least five fishes for you to pass. Those who will be taking the mountain trail, you need to arrive before the given amount of time. For sketching, each student is required to draw a picture of an animal, a tree and a human.”

The students groaned, showing their protests. Some were torn between mountain climbing and sketching. Only a handful of student picked fishing. Since the weather was cold that day, no one would dare consider plunging themselves into the water surface just to catch a couple of fishes.

“What will you choose?” Yunhyeong asked.

“Fishing.” Bobby answered bluntly.

“What?” Yunhyeong’s eyes widened. “Are you serious? It’s 5 degrees below 0. We’ll catch a cold if we get wet.”

“You don’t have to come with me, Song.” Bobby walked and fetched himself a fishing rod from one of the teachers.”

Yunhyeong hesitated but soon surrendered. He picked himself a rod and followed Bobby towards the nearest river. “I’m so gonna regret this.”

…..

“Yah! Kim Jisoo, wait for me!”

Jisoo chose the mountain trail. Wearing her thick jacket, Jisoo was now on her way to the top where their other teacher was waiting for them. She didn’t mind the cold air brushing her face but Taeyong’s presence was making it difficult for her to concentrate. He was getting on her nerves and it was showing on her face.

“Argh!”

Taeyong’s scream made Jisoo stop on her tracks. She froze and turned around. She saw Taeyong on the ground, clasping his ankle. Jisoo immediately ran to his side, looking horrified.

“What’s wrong?” Jisoo sounded worried. “What happened to your ankle?”

Taeyong continued pretending to get hurt. He took a peek and couldn’t hide his smile when he saw the concern on Jisoo’s face. Jisoo checked his ankle, her hands slightly shaking. She was partly blaming herself for Taeyong’s misfortune. She should’ve waited. Just then, she heard him laugh.

Jisoo gaped. “YAH!”

Taeyong wiped off the tears forming at the corners of his eyes. “I’m sorry.”

“That wasn’t funny.”

Taeyong stopped laughing. “Well, you just wouldn’t listen to me.” He paused. “I admitted my mistake and said my sorry. What else do I have to do for you to forgive me?”

Jisoo contemplated. Somehow, she felt guilty. Taeyong was actually blameless. What happened to her and her friends wasn’t his fault. Taeyong didn’t spread those lies. He just chose to ignore her. Why wouldn’t he when he knew it would affect his popularity at school? Jisoo was just upset and it just so happened that she blamed Taeyong for all of it.

Jisoo stood up and turned around. She couldn’t handle the guilt growing inside and just chose to leave. Taeyong jumped by the abrupt movement.

“Yah, Kim Jisoo!” Taeyong called after her. He rose to his feet and followed the girl.

Jisoo was so out of it that she didn’t realize the cliff she was heading into. She slid down, screaming. Taeyong saw it and rushed to get to her on time. He managed to grab a hold of her hand.

“Hold on.” Taeyong grunted. He tried to pull her up but the ground was too soft. He couldn’t seem to find the right footing.

“Please, don’t let go!” Jisoo shouted desperately, crying.

“I won’t.” Taeyong replied. “Just hold on.”

Taeyong tried pulling her up again but the ground beneath him suddenly collapsed. The two of them fell down. Luckily, the fall wasn’t long. They landed on a grassy plain with Jisoo on top of Taeyong. The boy managed to cushion their fall. Jisoo groaned and when she opened her eyes, she saw the unconscious Taeyong beneath her. Her eyes widened.

“Yah, Lee Taeyong!” Jisoo got off of him and tried to shake the boy awake. “Yah!”

Jisoo panicked. She stood up to find some help but winced when she tried to walk. It seemed like she hurt her right ankle on the fall. She then heard Taeyong groaning. She crouched back down beside him.

“Thank god!” Jisoo sighed, relieved. “Are you okay? How’s your head?”

Taeyong tried to smile but winced instead. “I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?” Jisoo looked doubtful. She held out her three fingers. “How many fingers am i holding right now?”

Taeyong laughed out loud. “Seriously, I’m fine.” He paused and checked Jisoo for any injuries. “What about you?”

Jisoo sagged, all her energy drained from all that rush. “I’m okay.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter