002

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

Life Before Her
--

The sound of the clock ticking reverberated off the ivory colored walls in the large office. Oh Sehun sat in his large leather chair, reading a couple documents regarding the new hotel building that he planned to have built the upcoming year. Tapping his finger on the polished desk, he thanked the lord for a peaceful afternoon.

That was until his phone decided to ring, causing him to let out a frustrated groan. 

“Mom?” asked Sehun into the phone. Even without looking at the caller ID, he immediately knew it was his mother that was calling. She was the only one who would to call him while he was busy with work.

“My darling son, are you busy tonight?” asked his mother sweetly. By the tone of her voice, he knew she was about to ask him the same question she had been asking the past couple of weeks.

“I probably won’t be once I finish reading over these documents,” said Sehun as he flipped to the next page.

His mother sighed loudly into the phone, “Well, read faster because we’re going to have a family dinner.”

“Mm,” replied Sehun mindlessly as he was easily distracted by the documents. He quickly underlined the sentence that he was dissatisfied. 

“Oh Sehun, are you even paying attention to what I’m saying?” nagged his mother. It was Sehun’s turn to sigh. “Oh Sehun, did you just sigh at me?”

Sehun put down his pen before spinning his chair to face towards the large window that faced the city of Seoul, just to make sure he didn’t lose his sanity. One of the main reason he loved his office was the view that immediately calmed him down.

He was about to sigh again at his mother’s childish antics before catching himself, “No mom, that sigh wasn’t directed at you.”

He heard his mother mutter incoherent words under her breath before clearing . “Anyways, are you coming home for dinner or not?”

“Mom, you know I’m busy with the compa-“ 

Before he could finish the sentence, his mother interrupted him.

“Oh Sehun,” ranted his mother, “It’s been weeks since me and your father last saw you. You keep putting off this dinner and I would like to see my only son.”

“But work- “

“can wait,” said his mother clearly not giving up the fight. “I will not take no for an answer, so I better see you at the house tonight. Plus, your sister is bringing Sejun and he keeps asking for his uncle.”

Sehun tiredly ran his fingers through his hair, but he knew he couldn’t resist his cute little nephew. 

“Okay mom, I’ll be there,” said Sehun finally giving into his mother.

“Good!” chirped his mother. It was as if her mood flipped 180 degrees. “I’ll see you at 6pm sharp!”

“Yes mother,” said Sehun dejectedly.

“Oh, and Jongin can tag along too,” added his mother before she hung up. 

“Tag along where?” said a voice suddenly, startling Sehun.

“What the hell Jongin,” said Sehun as he spun back around to glare at his best friend. “How long have you been sitting there?”

“Came in while you were on the phone with Mama Oh,” shrugged Jongin. “So where are we going?”

“Don’t you have a company to look after?” asked Sehun. 

Jongin gave Sehun the look before rolling his eyes. “I’m not married to my job like somebody here.”

“I’m not married to my job,” muttered Sehun. “I’m just being…a good boss.”

“Good boss my ,” scoffed Jongin. “I’ve seen you yell at your staff mercilessly.”

“That’s called getting the job done,” countered Sehun. 

Sehun knew he was difficult to work with. He’s heard what people in the company had said about him; how heartless and blunt he was. However, he also knew that if he didn’t take his job seriously, then thousands of people would end up suffering without a paycheck. Managing over a dozen hotels across Asia wasn’t as easy as it sounds.

“Hey,” said Jongin feigning a hurt look. “I get my job done, too.”

“Never said you didn’t,” shrugged Sehun giving his best friend a small smile. He knew Jongin worked his off to keep his company at the top. But sometimes he wondered how Jongin had the time to do everything when he spent almost half his time bothering Sehun and the other half flirting with girls.

“Anyways,” said Jongin changing the subject, “What was Mama Oh saying?”

“That you should come over for dinner at the house,” replied Sehun, rubbing his head tiredly. 

“You finally agreed to your mother’s request?” asked a very flabbergasted looking Jongin.

“More like I was threatened,” grumbled Sehun. The past few weeks had been monotonous for him. He woke up, worked for hours nonstop, and then proceeded to bed, barely getting any sleep. Then the next day, the routine would repeat itself. 

But he couldn’t help it. He had too much to do and so many deadlines to meet. Being the CEO of a top company that owned multiple chains of hotels was definitely not easy. 

“There are only two women in the world who have the guts to threaten you and that’s your mom and your sister,” laughed Jongin. “You know, if you actually had a girlfrien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter