007

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

The First Steps to Getting to Know One Another

--

“Let me just grab some things from my office before we leave.”

Jiyeon nodded in reply as Sehun walked into the office. 

A couple of minutes later, Sehun walked out with the bag containing his new dress shirt and a small stack of black leather folders in his hand. 

“Are you ready to go eat?” asked Sehun, casually leading Jiyeon towards the elevator. 

“For food? Always,” declared Jiyeon causing Sehun to chuckle. 

“You must love eating,” said Sehun, stepping into the elevator.

“Of course,” replied Jiyeon following Sehun onto the lift. “I’ve got to eat survive, don’t I?”

“I’ll be sure to remember that,” muttered Sehun.

As the elevator descended, a comfortable silence dawned upon the two of them. Sehun was the first to break the silence.

“Did you drive here?” asked Sehun, turning to look at the petite woman standing next to him. He hadn’t fully realized this before, but she only came to reach his shoulders.

“No, I don’t live too far from here, so I took the bus,” replied Jiyeon. 

Sehun nodded in understanding. 

Finally, the elevator reached the first floor and the doors opened, revealing the main lobby. 

As they stepped out of the elevator, Jiyeon immediately noticed the immediate change in Sehun’s expression as he put on a poker-faced façade. It was as if he was entering business mode.

Seunghee stood to the side just as the two made their way towards her. 

“Your keys,” said Seunghee, handing the keys to Sehun.
“Thank you,” said Sehun before making his way forwards the exit. 

“Bye Jiyeon,” grinned Seunghee.

“Bye Seunghee,” Jiyeon returned the smile as she felt her mood lift due to the fact that Seunghee remembered not to use honorifics. “I’ll see you later.”

With that, Jiyeon quickly followed after Sehun, not taking notice that he had slightly slowed down for her to catch up with him.

Interested heads turned as they watched their expressionless boss walk out the building with the well-known interior designer next to him. Curious murmurs continued to spread throughout the lobby just as the two stopped in front Sehun’s car.

“After you,” Sehun opened the door to the passenger seat for Jiyeon.

Jiyeon thanked Sehun as she took a seat inside the fancy car, placing her purse on her lap. Seconds later, the door on the driver’s side opened as Sehun swiftly slid into the seat. He placed the bag and the folders in the backseats before turning the engine on.

Jiyeon looked around the car in awe before muttering to herself. “This is such a nice car.”

“You’re into cars?” asked Sehun. He had clearly heard what Jiyeon had muttered to herself.

“I actually don’t know anything about cars,” Jiyeon let out an embarrassed chuckle before changing the subject. “So, where are we going to eat?”

“We’re going to one of my favorite restaurants,” Sehun’s eyes never left the road except for occasional glances at Jiyeon. “The owner has several restaurants around Asia and I’m actually in talks with him about opening a couple restaurants in my hotels.”

“Really? What do they serve?” asked Jiyeon, trying to not to show how much she was looking forward to it. When it came to food, she could barely contain her excitement. 

“They’re known for their tofu soups and spicy ribs,” answered Sehun. “Their food is similar to homecooked meals, which is why they’re so popular.”

“A homecooked meal sounds really good right now,” added Jiyeon. “Now you’re just making me even more hungry!”

Sehun let out a loud chuckle. “Then we’re definitely eating our money’s worth.”

With the radio playing softly in the background, Sehun and Jiyeon continued to make small talk the rest of the ride. 

“We’re almost there,” announced Sehun, causing Jiyeon to break away from daydreaming, something that she managed to do a lot, and looked around.

Her eyes were met with a very familiar road filled with popular shops and restaurants on both sides. Sehun made a final right turn before turning into a recognizable parking lot that she has stepped foot on a couple of times. 

She should have recognized that the restaurant Sehun had enthusiastically described was in fact her family’s restaurant. In fact, it just so happens that this very restaurant was the one where her brother sometimes personally managed when he wasn’t in his office.

A part of her was filled with pride because of the kind words Sehun had said about her brother’s restaurants.

“And…we’re here,” Sehun smoothly parked the car into an empty space and turned off the engine. He turned to give Jiyeon a small smile before opening the door.

The two made their way towards the entrance as Jiyeon hoped her brother wasn’t in the restaurant. This was not the time for her overprotective older brother to start bombarding her with questions.

Jiyeon stepped through the door Sehun had opened for her and was immediately met with a bunch of people waiting for their table. Jiyeon always came to the restaurant either at odd hours to avoid the long wait or when her family had reserved a table for family.

“How many people in your party?” asked the waitress, Bonah, who Jiyeon knew quite well. Thankfully she hadn’t noticed Jiyeon yet.

“Two,” answered Sehun. “I have a reservation under Oh.”

“Welcome,” greeted another waiter, Jaehyun, who Jiyeon was also familiar with.

Jaehyun and Bonah’s eyes widened as they realized who Sehun had brought to dine with. Before they could utter a word to greet their boss’s sister, Jiyeon made sure Sehun wasn’t paying attention before shaking her head discretely. 

Thankfully, the two were quick-witted and immediately caught the message. 

Jaehyun quickly recovered from surprise and gave Sehun a smile. “If you would kindly follow me to your table.”

Jaehyun led the two towards a table in an area that was a bit more private. He set the menus on the table and gestured for the two to take a seat.

“I’ll be back to take your order,” said Jaehyun politely. Before he left, he turned to give Jiyeon a questioning look to which she responded with a raised eyebrow. He gave her a knowing smile and left shaking his head.

Instead of going back to the front of the restaurant, Jaehyun made his way towards the back of the restaurant.

“Boss?”

Seokjin stood in the kitchen, in front of the counter staring proudly at his latest creation. 

“Oh good, you’re here,” Seokjin quickly waved the boy over to the counter and placed his hands on his hips. Jaehyun knew exactly what his boss was about to make him do when he noticed the chirpy tone Seokjin had greeted hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter