008

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

One Too Many Drinks

--

The next few weeks flew by quickly. Jiyeon was always either at her own office or at Sehun’s company. Almost every day, she spent most of her time with Sehun, going through her drawings and looking for furniture for the new offices. 

He seemed to enjoy taking her out to lunch as well, claiming that he was going to further discuss the project with her. However, their conversations always focused on each other rather than work.

During the time spent with him, Jiyeon had learned a lot about Sehun. He seemed so carefree and friendly with her, yet when he was in front of his employees, he always seemed to put on a stoic expression.

She had finished drawing the plan on tracing paper and after she had gotten Sehun’s approval several weeks ago, she began drawing the sections and ceiling plans.

“Knock knock.”

“You know, you could actually knock like a normal person,” muttered Jiyeon as she looked up from her stack of papers. 

Baekhyun waltzed into the room with his usual playful grin plastered on his face and took a seat on the chair right in front of her.

“Haven’t you ever heard of the saying, ‘normal is boring’?” asked Baekhyun, crossing his arms.

Jiyeon sighed.

“Normal is just…normal.”

“Now that just doesn’t make sense,” stated Baekhyun smartly.

“You’re like the only person who says, ‘knock knock’ instead of actually knocking,” snorted Jiyeon.

“Knock knock.”

A voice suddenly interrupted the two of them. Baekhyun gave Jiyeon a look that screamed ‘I told you so’ as Chanyeol sauntered into the room.

“Make that the two of you,” muttered Jiyeon with a shake of her head.

“See?” sang Baekhyun as Chanyeol took a seat beside him.

Jiyeon rolled her eyes as she looked over her drawings one last time. She was heading over to Sehun’s office to get his final approval before starting on the digital drawings as well as adding furniture details.

“How is working with Sehun?” Chanyeol had spoken up suddenly, catching Jiyeon off guard.

“It’s alright,” Jiyeon replied, definitely flustered with the random question. “He’s really passionate about his work and I respect him for that.”

“And he doesn’t give you a hard time?” asked Baekhyun.

Jiyeon shook her head and shrugged. “He seems pretty friendly with me.”

“Hmm,” Chanyeol and Baekhyun turned to look at each other and gave each other a knowing look, one that Jiyeon could not decipher. 

“Why do you two look like you both know something?” questioned Jiyeon warily.

“Nothing.”

The two of them answered at the same time with wide eyes looking even more suspicious, but Jiyeon just shook her thoughts away.

A knock on the door interrupted their conversations as they all turned towards the source.

“What’s with everyone showing up in my office?” muttered Jiyeon jokingly. A smile was plastered on her face as she greeted the person who had just knocked.

“Hey Jiyeon,” greeted Soojung, holding a large bouquet of flowers. She placed the flowers on Jiyeon’s desk and greeted the two males who were looking at the bouquet curiously.

“Hi Soojung,” Jiyeon pulled her best friend into a hug. “Where did these come from?”

“This doesn’t look like something Jongin would do,” muttered Baekhyun, assuming the flowers were for Soojung. 

“If Jongin finds out some guy is sending his girlfriend flowers, that poor guy’s going to lose his head,” added Chanyeol taking a good look at the flowers. “Remember that time he almost punched a high schooler for calling Soojung hot?”

“Who knew Kim Jongin could be so possessive,” Baekhyun shook his head in disapproval for he was still enjoying his single bachelor life.

“You idiots, these aren’t for me,” Soojung rolled her eyes before looking at Jiyeon. “These are for Jiyeon.”

“Me?” asked Jiyeon in surprise. “Who are they from?”

“I’m not sure,” said Soojung. “Some delivery man gave these to Nayeon downstairs with specific instructions to deliver these to you.”

Nayeon was the new receptionist and had just been hired by Chanyeol after he fired the past couple of receptionists for trying to seduce him.

“Is there a note?” asked Chanyeol.

Jiyeon fumbled around with the flowers but couldn’t find anything. 

“I don’t see one,” sighed Jiyeon. “I mean if you’re going to send me something, at least give me your name. How am I supposed to know who to thank?”

“Maybe…it’s your secret admirer!” exclaimed Baekhyun, looking the most excited out of the group. 

Jiyeon rolled her eyes. “I’m halfway to 50 now. I don’t think I have time for secret admirers.”
“Then what does that make me?” Baekhyun sent Jiyeon an offended glare.

“You’re the one who loves his bachelor life,” shrugged Jiyeon giving Baekhyun a playful punch. 

Baekhyun replied with a childish pout causing Chanyeol to cringe in disgust at his best friend’s behavior.

“Anyways, why are you all really gathered here?” asked Jiyeon, looking at the three figures that were still in her office. She doubted they were here just for a simple chat and flower delivery.

“Well, you see,” started Baekhyun, “We know you’ve been working nonstop lately.”

“So, we’re taking you out tonight,” finished Chanyeol.

“Where to?” asked Jiyeon.

“To the fancy nightclub in the city that all the rich people go to,” answered Soojung, looking quite excited.

Jiyeon looked at the trio in disbelief before answering firmly. “I’m not going.”

“Why not?” asked Baekhyun.

“Because I’m a lightweight and let’s just say that things don’t end up well when I’m drunk,” answered Jiyeon.

“Oh, come on, it’ll be fun,” chirped Chanyeol.

“No,” Jiyeon firmly denied their invitation before turning to look at Soojung. “And your boyfriend’s letting you go?”

“He usually wouldn’t but he’s going to be there tonight,” answered Soojung. “Please come with me. I don’t want to be the only girl left with these idiots. They’re too much to handle sometimes.”

“Hey!” shouted Chanyeol and Baekhyun in unison, throwing a glare at Soojung.

“But-“ Before Jiyeon could say anymore, Soojung interrupted.

“You’ll get to meet Jongin,” added Soojung.

Jiyeon sighed, knowing she had lost. Jiyeon had been wanting to meet her best friend’s boyfriend for a while now, but she had just been too busy. This would be the perfect opportunity to finally meet the man who makes her best friend gush all the time.

“Come on, it’s a Friday!” added Baekhyun, trying to tempt Jiyeon into going.

“Alright, I’ll go,” sighed a defeated Jiyeon as the three let out a cheer. “I’ll meet up with you guys at the club after I leave Sehun’s office.”

Chanyeol then threw Baekhyun and Soojung a flabbergasted look. “And you’re planning to show up in this outfit?”

“Yes?” 

“Absolutely not,” said Baekhyun firmly. 

“What’s wrong with what I’m wearing?” asked Jiyeon looking down at her outfit. She didn’t think she looked that bad as she was wearing her usual work attire.

“It’s not exactly club attire,” Soojung said, trying to choose her words wisely. “Go home and change into something more suitable for a club before meeting us.”

Jiyeon felt herself cower under her three friends’ pleading stares before she finally gave into them completely.

“Fine.”

The three of them cheered before quickly excusing themselves. It wasn’t long before she was left alone in her office once again. Jiyeon quickly organized her drawings before grabbing her laptop and purse. She gave the bouquet of flowers one last look before she turned towar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter