006

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

Tiny Gestures

--

Like the day before, Jiyeon walked through the revolving doors of Oh Enterprise and stepped into the lobby, carrying her purse as well as a paper shopping bag. As she walked towards the reception’s desk, Seunghee immediately spotted Jiyeon as a smile made its way to her face.

“Ms. Jiyeon!” exclaimed Seunghee.

“Good morning Seunghee,” replied Jiyeon, returning the smile. “You can drop the honorifics and just call me Jiyeon.”

“But-“

“I mean we are going to see each other often,” added Jiyeon, hoping Seunghee would come to relax around her. She had always gotten along better with guys than girls. It had always been that way even when she was studying abroad. 

It had also been 6 months since she had moved back to Korea and the only girl friend she had was Soojung. It was as if they were meant to click. Seunghee seemed nice and it would be nice to have another girl to talk to.

“I’ll try to,” said Seunghee shyly. Jiyeon let out a small laugh as she looked at the blushing girl. For some odd reason, Jiyeon could imagine how cute Seunghee would look with Mingyu. She made a mental note to introduce Seunghee to her lonely younger brother when they became closer. 

“Great!” exclaimed Jiyeon. “I hope we can be good friends.”

“Of course,” beamed Seunghee. “Mr. Oh already informed me about your visit. You can just make your way up to the same conference room you were in yesterday on the top floor.”

“Thanks, Seunghee. I’ll see you later,” said Jiyeon, making her way towards the gate. Seunghee gestured for security to let Jiyeon through before giving her one last wave.

Nodding a thanks to the security, she made her way towards the elevators and up to the conference room.

When she got to the conference room, she noticed a figure standing with his arms crossed and his back turned towards her. She immediately took notice of how his grey dress shirt clung to his defined back and how his shoulders seemed even broader due to his crossed arms. 

A blush slowly formed on her cheeks as she came to realization at how she was shamelessly checking her client out.

Shaking to clear her head, she took a deep breath before knocking on the already opened door softly. 

As if being brought out of his thoughts, Sehun turned around quickly. 

“Hello, Mr. Oh,” greeted Jiyeon.

“Good morning Ms. Jiyeon,” replied Sehun as the corner of his lips raised up to form a small smile. There was something about Jiyeon that made him give up on his cold façade. “Please, take a seat.”

“Thank you,” said Jiyeon, taking a seat next to his. “Oh, I almost forgot. This is for you.”

She had almost forgotten about the bag she was holding before quickly handing it over to Sehun. 

“What is this?” asked Sehun, his voice laced with confusion. 

“The other day,” Jiyeon recalled the incident that occurred a few days ago. “I spilled coffee all over your shirt.”

After her little meeting yesterday with her brother and his coworkers, she immediately went to the mall, where she spent almost an hour looking for a new dress shirt.

-flashback-

“Hello miss,” greeted the clerk, startling a very concentrated Jiyeon as she stared at the rows of dress shirts in confusion. She had never shopped for male clothing before. Correction, she had shopped for her brothers before, but it only consisted of socks and that hardly counted as actual shopping for a male. 

“Oh gosh,” yelped Jiyeon as she turned to look at the female clerk standing next to her. “You scared me.”

“I’m so sorry,” she apologized. “I just noticed your troubled expression and was wondering if you needed any help?”

“You’re a life saver,” said Jiyeon as she let out a sigh of relief. “I’ve been staring at these for the past 10 minutes and I have no idea what to get.”

“What are you looking for?” she asked.

“A dress shirt- preferably white,” replied Jiyeon, hoping the clerk would be able to find what she needed quickly.

“Well, they’re organized by size and built,” answered the clerk, who’s name Jiyeon learned was Hana. “Do you know what size shirts your boyfriend wears?”

“Oh no, he’s not my boyfriend,” denied Jiyeon hastily as a blush crept onto her cheeks. “He’s my client and I accidently spilled coffee on his shirt the other day.”

“Oh, I see,” said Hana with a knowing smile.

“And I actually don’t know what size shirt he wears,” muttered Jiyeon.

“It’s going to be a little difficult because all sales here are final, but I’ll do my best to help you out,” answered Hana as Jiyeon’s shoulders fell in disappointment. “Do you know how tall he is?”

“Um…he’s at least a head taller than me and he’s around…his height!” said Jiyeon, pointing to a guy before walking towards him. She had looked around the shop and spotted a few men looking for formal attire. “Maybe a little taller.”

Jiyeon then stood behind the man before sticking her hands out as if measuring his shoulders. 

“I think his shoulders are a bit broader than this,” added Jiyeon to which Hana replied with a nod in understanding.

“I think he’ll fit these,” said Hana, gesturing to a section of same sized dress shirts.

“Thank you,” said Jiyeon, breathing out a sigh of relief before picking out a white dress shirt. “I’ll take this one.”

“You’re welcome miss,” said Hana as the two of them made their way towards the cash register. “Will that be all?”

Jiyeon nodded in reply before fishing out her wallet from her purse.

-end of flashback-

“You really didn’t have to get me a new shirt,” said Sehun as he opened the bag to see a brand-new dress shirt, identical to the one with the coffee stain.

“I felt bad,” responded Jiyeon as she began to twirl her thumbs. “And it’s final sale so there’s no going back. You’re just going to have to accept my humble gift.”

Sehun let out a laugh. “Then I guess I have no choice but to acce

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter