Chapter 6

No Homo!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Jaemin hurriedly ran away from the place as he covers his ears from all the catcalls and I knew it’s because no we’re not, unfortunately, we’re not. He knows he ed up, he knows how disappointed Jeno must’ve been. He can’t believe he did that, in front of everybody at that. Oh God, Jeno must hate me by now.

 

        He faintly heard Donghyuck call out for him but he didn’t dare look back, he couldn’t risk seeing his best friend’s – or probably ex best friend by now – expression. He walked out the auditorium without sparing anyone a glance.

 

        He didn’t know where he was going, he didn’t care how people were looking at him weirdly he just wants to get as far away from the place as possible. Tears kept falling from his eyes as he thought about how he ed up.

 

        “Jeno’s gonna hate me” He continues to mutter to himself countless of times as he sunk on his knees when he thought nobody was looking.

 

        Unfortunately, there was.

 

        “I’m not gonna hate you.” The person behind him said which made Jaemin cry even harder. He knows this voice, he knows the owner of this voice all too well.

 

        “But I ed up” Jaemin replied, not daring to look at his friend, ashamed of what he did “I ruined everything, I’m sorry. I know we’re just friends. I tell myself to it up and pretend that I don’t have feelings for you because you’re my friend and I don’t want you to feel betrayed for knowing how I feel. I’m sorry Jen, I ed up. But please don’t leave me. Please forget this ever happened. We’ll still be friends, right? I can’t lose you Jen, I just can’t” Jaemin was downright begging, afraid of losing his best friend.

 

        “We’re not just friends and you ing know it” Jeno softly but sternly said as he walked towards the male before he knelt in front of him. Touching the shaking male’s shoulders to tell him he was near.

 

        “Huh?” Jaemin dumbly asks, now looking up at the male in front of him.

 

        “Jaemin-ah, nana, baby, do you think friends act this way? Yes, we’re close but do you think I’d let anyone besides you cuddle with me? I’ve known Hyuck longer than you but do you see me allowing him to be as touchy with me as you do? I don’t, because he’s not the one I like Jaem, it’s you. It’s always been you.” Jeno cupped the crying male’s face as he tried to wipe the tears that continuously fell.

 

        Jaemin lifted his hand to hold the one’s cupping his face as he stared at his best friend’s eyes. “But, why didn’t you tell me sooner?” he asked softly, pulling the hand away from his face and intertwined it with his own.

 

        “I couldn’t.” Jeno started, squeezing the younger male’s hand before he continued. “You were so sure that I was just your platonic soulmate, your bro, that I couldn’t even start talking about my feelings without you pushing it aside. It’s not your fault, you didn’t know. But I can’t deny how much it hurts. You being there within my reach, I can hug you, I can kiss you, but it would always mean as friends when in my heart I wanted it to mean more than that. So please stop saying we’re just friends. We’re not okay? You’re my soulmate. Platonic or not, you will always be my soulmate”

 

        “Do you really mean that?” Jaemin asked in a small voice, afraid to break whatever trance they were in and face the cruel reality once again. Jeno smiled at the male as he wiped away the few stray tears on the younger male’s face. “Of course, I do”

 

        Those were the only words Jaemin needed before he enveloped the older into a tight hug as he sobbed on the male’s shoulders. Please let this not be a dream he thought. It may not be Jaemin’s dream confession, but even if it was in the middle of an abandoned classroom, as long as Jeno was there he knew that that was all he needed.

 

        Jeno pulled away from the hug opting to stare at the younger’s tear-stained face. Beautiful he thought to himself as he smiled at the younger who smiled at him in return. “I love you” After those three words left his mouth, it finally dawned on him. This was real, he was finally telling the younger what he’d always wanted to tell him.

 

        And when Jaemin muttered those three words back, Jeno couldn’t help but lean in and capture the younger’s lips with his. Jeno tested the waters as he softly moved his lips with the younger’s. The kiss was slow and innocent. There were no fireworks or anything like that, but the feeling of content and pure love he has for the boy that settled in his chest was clear indication that yes, I love him.

 

        They slightly pulled away, foreheads still pressed together as they were lost in each other’s eyes. “I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter