Always

Delicate

To Koo Junhoe, Kim Donghyuk brings a calming presence. He has always been by his side since forever. They laugh together. They cry together. He never imagine what his world would be without Donghyuk in it. They were raised together since their families are in the same elite circle. The Koos and The Kims. They went to the same school and university together. Not only that, they even roomed together. 

He vividly remembers the way Dongdong(excuse you, only he gets to call that name) would wake him up every morning with a cup of coffee that he would grind himself. Rather than the coffee, the person who made it was the one that is able to push him through hours of classes and tutorials. To be woken up and see that shining smile directed to him, he would give up everything for that. He cherishes the way that slender fingers run through his hair while he was struggling to enter conscious land, the way the sound of his cherry laughs piercing his subconscious and the way his hands gently touch his back to wake him.

He used to take all these things for granted. He never realized the pain smile directed in his directions sometimes. He was blind to the adoration in his eyes whenever he looks his way or the different laugh produced when he was beside him. 

However, whenever he sees Donghyuk laughed at jokes that were not from him or smiled at other person that is not him, he started to get irritated. He doesn't know why but he wants Donghyuk's laugh and smile to be directed only to him. He searched high and low what was the feeling he had and why. At first he thought of it as just possessiveness of a friend, best friend because they've been together for god knows when. But slowly, the explanation is not enough because why would he started to blush when Donghyuk smiles his blinding smile towards him or why his heart started to beat like crazy whenever Donghyuk hugs him. He actually had to get away from Donghyuk under flimsy excuses to sort his mind and feelings out but not without some hardcore scrutiny from Donghyuk. He feels like Donghyuk knows what was going on in his mind but yeahh, maybe Junhoe was being paranoid. 

Half a day sitting alone on the beach (even that was long enough without Donghyuk because who was he kidding, all those time his mind was on Donghyuk and only Donghyuk) made him realized what he was feeling. It was love. Damn him for being too dense. Who in the world would do what Donghyuk did to him in the name of friend? Oh my god, why is he so slow.

After the epiphany of his life, Junhoe rushed to go back to their shared apartment. As if he knows what is going to happen, there Donghyuk is, sitting on the couch in the living room, wearing his(as in Junhoe's) oversized white t-shirt. The tv was off. He was looking at the entrance hallway with so much hope, it actually grips Junhoe's heart. That sight that Junhoe was welcomed to once he got into the house is probably one of the memories he will never forget. Donghyuk's face was transparent with love, adoration, annoyance and hope. Hope. It makes Junhoe wants to cry for being too dense and today is the day he will put everything into place. 

To his surprise, Donghyuk open his arm and said "took you long enough" with a shy smile. He doesn't know what Donghyuk saw on his face at that time and truthfully he doesn't care. He rushed into the embrace while profusely saying sorry for being to oblivious but Donghyuk just pat his back and say it's okay, even if it takes hundred years, he will wait for him and dear lord, he didn't know he could love someone so strongly and Donghyuk proved him wrong because he loves Donghyuk with all his might. There at that time, under the cotton candy sky, he promised Donghyuk he will never let him go. Never. And once he started working he will make Donghyuk his for eternity and beyond.

 

Three years later was how long it took for them to be bind legally. Seeing Donghyuk glowing while walking down the aisle with his father was all it took to make a non-crier man like Junhoe to shed a tear or two. He quickly wipe it off and he is lucky nobody saw that because everyone's attention was on Donghyuk. However, his husband-to-be manage to see this one moment of weakness(and many others later) and smile beautifully at him. He still in awe sometimes at how beautiful Donghyuk is with his healthy tan skin. Looking into each others' eyes, Junhoe sent out a silent prayer to the higher beings for sending him one of their angels to him. He took Donghyuk's hands and together they face Hanbin, their wedding officiator, to begin their new chapters in lives, together, like always.