Marry you

Delicate

Forced marriage au (snippet)

 

"Junhoe Koo, heir of the Koo Electronics has been reportedly said to tied the knot with Ezra Kim, the great grandson of the nation's ex prima ballerina, Katie Kim."

Junhoe shut the television off from his bed. He is pissed. He had received a call from his cousin, Hanbin this morning who told him to watch the morning news. He was prepared for some wedding announcement but not the full details to be revealed. Even he himself did not know that he were to be married to that Ezra guy. He thinks his family is too much. Not only they have been dictating him on what to do since he can barely walk, they are even going to decide for him who he will be spending his life with. He cannot accept this. He will not accept this! His heart matter is personal and belongs only to him. With that in mind, he marched to his father's study room in hope to catch him before he went to the office. Lady luck is looking at him because his father is still inside the room when he reached there. He slammed the doors open which startled his father.

"Father, I've watched the news this morning."

"Good. Finally, you have some sense in you."

"I was not told that I'd be married off to some Kim family members?"

"Is that important?"

"Yes! Yes it does! It's my life! Didn't I at least get to say on whom I'll be married to?"

"Watch your tone. And no, your life is not yours. It's the Koos. We should always uphold our reputation. And you'd be best to remember that."

"But, what good would it be to marry some flimsy ballerina's grandson??"

"Enough, kindly show yourself out. I'm going to the office. You should start getting ready or you'll be late to the shareholders' meeting this morning."

With that, his father got up and left him in the room. Junhoe was so angry he almost shove everything on his father's desk but thought better of it. Instead, he went back to his room and punched the sandbag hanging from the ceiling near the veranda.

Glancing at the clock, he realized that he will be late to the meeting and hurriedly walked to the bathroom. This morning started off bad. And he wish the day would be over already.

                                                        xXx

Donghyuk's daily routine consist of him waking up sharply at 6 am. Then he will go out to the nearby park for a jog. As a dancer, stamina is as important as oxygen for him. After around one hour, he will come back home to refresh and take his breakfast before heading out to his studio to stretch and work some routines. 

Usually, that what he did every morning. Usually. However, last night a bomb was dropped on him. A huge one. A missile maybe exact. Due to historic reasons unbeknown to him, he was engaged since before he was born and will be married off to some rich heir. Yes, his family thought this is still the 1960s. He was so devastated when his father told him the news. He try to reason out of it but he cannot remember for the life of him how the arguments went. But what has been confirmed is that the wedding is on and it will be 3 months from now. Therefore, after the unsettling family dinner, in the privacy of his home, Donghyuk downed a shot of soju and every subsequent shots later the more devastated he felt but that as far as his brain can remember, the rests will be just that. Resting in the deep layers of his brain. Unreachable. 

Anyhow, he vaguely remember that this evening he will have a dinner date with his lovely fiancee. A date organized by his parents and the other family so they can get to know each other better as what his dad said. He vividly remember the way his eyes felt like rolling backwards at what his dad said. Recalling that event makes his pounding headache even worse. Before it felt like someone pounded repeatedly on his head, now there is an addition of knives piercing his head as well. Great. He slumped further in his bed.

With that being said, deep down, deep deep down inside his heart, there is some sort of excitement. Probably ignited by his hopeless romantic side plus last night in his drunken state he googled up what sort of person his fiancee is and well, damn. He is one fine man. Maybe this could work. Maybe. But first let him rolled up in his comforter feeling bitter that his life partner is not his own choice. Then maybe afterwards, he will get ready for the day. Maybe. If he can cure his hangover that is.