Seaweed

Delicate

In a room filled with animals and alphabet decorations, there is a single bed just beside the white wall. On top of the bed, there is a tiny person lying peacefully. The tiny little man (he is not a boy, he is a man like daddy, how many times does he has to tell you!) started to move a little indicating he is regaining his consciousness from his dreamland. He then sat upright gently, rubbed his eyes and slide off the bed. His legs does not reach the floor yet but he is a man, he can slide off the bed by himself. He open the white door while on his tiptoes then walk hurriedly to the living room. The living room is located to the left of his room while his' parents' room is on the right. The child not once cried after he woke up or search for his parents. He enjoys his quality time alone.

 

Once inside the living room, he went to his playpen and took out a tea set from his playbox. He made himself a tea because papa once fed him a drop of coffee (after he throws a tantrum because daddy drinks it all the time! And he is a man like daddy!) and it was soooooo bITTER! Gently with his tiny hands he held the cup and walk slowly to his tiny chair daddy got for him. He sipped the imaginary tea slowly on his chair and think on what to do today at his kindergarten. He thinks of Mr Song. Mr Song is so kind. He likes Mr Song so much because sometimes when daddy ran late from picking him up, Mr Song will sit together with him and enjoy the tea he made. Mr Song also tells story funnily(not quite good like papa) and he likes listening to Mr Song's story time. Oh, talking about story time, papa promised last night to bring him to Uncle Bin's house to look at baby Chanu after kindergarten.  He cannot wait!!! Baby Chanu has the fluffiest cheeks he ever lays eyes on and he always like to fondle it. Sometimes he bites(gently) the cheeks because it looks like marshmallow and ended up getting scolded by papa because then the baby will start to cry, very loudly he must say. But Uncle Jiwon will just laugh and squeeze his cheeks instead(excuse him, he is a man not a boy. Nobody squeeze his cheeks anymore though sometimes papa does and he likes it when papa does it but still..). A bulb went off in his head and he rose from his chair. He cleaned up his toys and went on the direction of his parents' room. 

 

Meanwhile inside his parents' room. There are two blob of humans on the bed. The one on the right is spooning the smaller on the left. The smaller one started to change his position and turn his body toward the taller one. The movement woke up his partner.

"Hmmm, are you awake?"

"Yeah, it has been awhile. I can't find the right position."

That word make the taller one opened his eyes slowly. Since they are face to face, he put his right hand on the smaller back and started to rub gently all the while his left hand is tracing small circles on Donghyuk's distended abdomen.

"Is the baby keeping you awake?"

"Yeah, they just won't stop moving. I think they are excited to go out," Donghyuk answered with a fond smile then winced because that is the time the little human inside choose to kick his spleen. Junhoe stop the tracing and instead moved his left hand to his husband's face to smooth out his wrinkled nose and kissed it. Donghyuk just let him be and hummed fondly. He stared at his husband's face till the latter got shy and kicked him out of the bed.

"Get off. Go take a look at our son. I bet he's already up and about."

Just as Donghyuk uttered the last sentence, the door flied open and a blob of tiny human landed on their bed which caused the pregnant one to wince more.

"Jinan. What did I say about jumping on the bed?" asked Junhoe sternly. 

"No jumping on bed or papa ouchie," said the boy with a guilty face. Tears started to pool inside his eyes. Seeing his son's distressed face, Donghyuk sat upright as quick as he can and engulfed the boy inside his arms limited by his belly while rubbing his back and comforting him all the while side eyeing his husband. 

"Heyy, it's okay. You're just excited. What makes you so excited early this morning? Did you made your tea already? Aww, papa want some of Jinan's tea."

Feeling pricked, Junhoe tried to make amends as well. He rubbed the top of the boy's head and said,

"Jinan, sorry. Daddy is just concern of your papa and your little sibling. You know that daddy loves you right. But next time, no more jumping okay?"

The boy nodded with a thumb inside his mouth. The sight makes both parents melt. Donghyuk kissed his son's head and then turn to leave a peck on his husband's lips. That breaks Junhoe out of his memories which then made he picked his son out of his husband's hand while saying,

"Honey, rest up. I'm going to cook breakfast first. I will call you when it's ready. Okay?"

He bend to kiss Donghyuk who just let out a hum while trying to lie on his back again. Jinhwan is safely tucked in his arm on the way to the kitchen and the boy is babbling excitedly about his plan for today.

In the kitchen, his son is talking while the taller male is stir frying the ingredients for making rice rolls. He was talking something about his friends and teachers. Then he stopped for awhile which made Junhoe turned to him before asking,

"Daddy, today papa said we visit baby Chanu. Can we daddy? Can we?"

His son put his adorable face which is so similar to his husband and how can he say no to that face. He agreed and the baby on the babychair squealed and clapped his adorable hands. He gave his son a full grin then turned his back on the child and continue to stir fry.

Meanwhile, after that, Jinhwan saw rolls of seaweed on the table. He looooooovesss seaweed. They are crunchy and yummy. Seeing that his dad is not paying attention to him, he grabbed a roll and shove it inside his mouth. Fireworks went of inside his head. He thought "ahh, this is the taste". Sneaking a glance at his dad again, he took one more roll and shoved it again inside his mouth. Unfortunately, his papa caught him in the action. However, papa just smile and put a finger on his mouth, shush-like. He smiled back at papa with full teeth on display. That makes papa burst out laughing. Daddy turned around and laughed as well. 

"Why?" he asked. Both his parents just smile and they have this secret smile on their face when they look at each other. He let them be. Papa went to dad and gave him a back hug. At any other time, he would demand a hug too but this seaweed is so good, he needs to eat it. When he reached out for the silver spoon and looked at the reflection then he knows why his parents were laughing. There were seaweed stuck on his teeth! How dare his parents played him like this. He called for his parents' attention and open his mouth to tell his parents off which made his parents laugh, again. But since it made papa laughed he choose to let this one slide because lately papa is in pain because his younger brother keeps on moving. He can't wait to see his younger brother but in the meantime, he's satisfied with just Chanu. 

Seeing their adorable son, Donghyuk's heart feel full. He don't know how his heart can accomodate it when the triplets arrive. Yes, he is carrying triplets. That is why he's in pain lately. But he can bear it. He's carrying his husband's children. It all be worth it when he sees how shocked June is when he tell him the unexpected news. He knows how his husband loves kid and wants a big family. This news will definitely fulfilled that. 

"Aww, look at him, he's so precious. I wish we have another one like him."

This is his opportunity.

"Well, if one is not like him, we still have the other two, you can still hope," he dropped the bomb.

That made his husband untangled their laced fingers and turned back to look at him dumbfoundedly.

"What do you mean?"

He just smile at his husband waiting for him to catch up. His husband looked deep into his eyes and then gasped. 

"No way! Triplets?"

He smiled shyly. His husband shocked face morphed into pure happiness. He hugged him tightly but still gentle. He showered kisses on his face and proceed to pick up their son who still has seaweed firmly attached to his right hand. He spin their son around. The child just happily take it all in albeit confused. Looking at this, Donghyuk feel content. He rubbed his distended belly while looking at his husband and their son giggling away in the living room. 

 

 

 

 

P/s: idk how to end it. Sorry if its too cringey. Hope you like it :')