Chapter Two

Photograph
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two

 

Jaejoong opens his eyes the moment he heard someone knocking on his door. He didn’t realise that he feel asleep while waiting for the dinner. He must be really tired but then he was again reminded that they will have this invited guest. He sighed. When will he stop thinking about this person.

 

“Jaejoong ah. Are you asleep?”

 

He heard Heechul’s voice and immediately replied. “Come in, hyung.”

 

Heechul opens the door and he greeted Jaejoong with a smile and an exchange of hugs.

 

“You are so back. I’m happy Jaejoong ah.”

 

“I’m back for you, Hyung. How was the preparation?”

 

“Now I feel pressured.” He replied and laughed.

 

“Don’t be. I admire your works, hyung. It will be a success.” Jaejoong replied with his sincere smile.

 

“Oh I hope for that. How long will you stay here? Don’t tell me that you only plan to stay until my exhibit.”

 

“I was actually planning to stay at least a month. I’m looking for a subject here in korea for my next project. If I will see one, then maybe I’ll stay here longer before going back in Japan again.” Jaejoong explained. Heechul just nodded and smile at him. Jaejoong is really working hard for his work. It brings smile to Heechul because he can finally see the changes with his cousin. Jaejoong matured a lot and maybe stronger than before. He remembered that Jaejoong left korea on his teenage years and now that he’s back, he can finally see the man has set his future so well. Stronger than the fragile one before.

 

“I’m glad that you are really focused on your work, Jae. Maybe we can drink to that?” They both smiled and decided to have drinks together. As they continue talking, they heard a knock on the door again.

 

“Master Jaejoong and Master Heechul, your Grandpa has been waiting downstairs. Mr. Jung is already there. They’re waiting for the both of you to have dinner.” That is their Butler. They decided to go downstairs immediately.

 

“We’ll come down. Thank you, Mr. Lee.” Heechul replied.

 

Jaejoong is feeling uneasy. Once he heard that Yunho is there already, this uneasy feeling comes back again. He let Heechul go down first and told him that he will just change is clothes and he’ll follow. No. This is not only about his clothes. He wants to ready himself to face the man again. He knew that he can do it. He even assured Yoochun that he will be fine. But then Jaejoong is Jaejoong. He once had this complicated relationship with the man. And now that they are both matured enough, he actually believe that everything will be fine. It’s been 6 years already. He assured himself that he will be fine. He will. He needs to be fine.

 

——————

 

“It has a good result. Everyone was very happy with our work. We’ve worked so hard, me and my team to produce the exhibit. It was unusual photo too because we decided to take children from south america as a subject. Definitely a different style from what we have begun to produce in Japan.” Jaejoong explains when he was asked about his project.

 

“That’s good, Jaejoong ah. I remember that silly teenager version of you before and now your making your name with your own work in a foreign country. I’m happy for you.” Yunho smiled at him and Jaejoong just look at him and return the smile. He actually feel awkward but then Yunho made him feel relax with his word. Maybe it’s a good sign.

 

They are having dinner and from what he expects, Yunho was there with Heechul and his Grandpa. He can never look at Yunho straight but he greeted him. It was a fine dinner and everyone was talking although he knew that his Grandpa is a having an awkward aura when he was talking about his stay in Japan. He knew that his Grandpa has no interest about his project but then Heechul and Yunho encourage him to tell them his experiences.

 

“It’s good that you’re making yourself successful in Japan. It’s hard here in Korea right? Of course, our family is known in this country and I thought that Heechul is enough to make our family known even more. It’s good that you plan to stay in Japan.”

 

He was ready for this. Jaejoong smiles bitterly and continue eating his dinner. This is why he has this doubt to share his experiences. He was really ready for this kind of comment from his Grandpa. Of course there is Heechul again. But he is stronger now. He will be fine.

 

“Grandpa, you don’t have to say it like that. I think that it’s good if we were together here in korea and explore our own art. Besides, Jaejoong is looking for his subject here. Maybe we can work together. Isn’t that good?” Heechul insisted. He saw how bitter it is for Jaejoong to actually not comment on his Grandpa. He truly respect the man and easily swallowed whatever his Grandpa will say. But not for Heechul. He cannot allow it and to think that Jaejoong just come back here again on his home.

 

“I was actually expecting that he will be back again in Japan after your exhibit. I never thought he’ll stay here for that long.” His Grandpa replied while looking at Heechul with his ‘that’ look in his eyes.

 

“It’s okay, hyung. There is really no assurance for my subject here in Korea. I wasn’t planning to stay here for a longer time. Grandpa is right. You can make it successful here in korea.” Jaejoong replied and continue to eat his food even if he lost his appetite to continue. He hates this kind of conversation. Especially that Yunho is there and listening to their conversation. He is having a self pity right now and he just wants to go to his room. But his Grandpa will never allow it and for that, he has to endure.

 

“Oh by the way Yunho ah, how was your business going? I heard from your mother last time that you are doing well. I expected that.” His Grandpa had his smile on his face when he looks at Yunho.

 

“Everything is going well, Grandpa. My mom exaggerate things but I knew that they worked hard for the company too before I handled the company.” Yunho replied while smiling.

 

“Probably your mom is telling me your good points and it only makes me happy that you’re with Heechul.”

 

“Well it’s a good points then, Grandpa?” Yunho immediately sends their Grandpa laughing.

 

“It is. You’ve worked hard, Yunho ah. Maybe I’ll hear wedding bells soon?” Heechul and Yunho just smiles at Grandpa

 

“I guess it will be Jaejoong who will have wedding soon?” Heechul jokingly replied while looking at Jaejoong. He knew that Jae is being quiet and felt ignored during the conversation.

 

“Hyung, I’m younger than you. And besides, I think that you and Yunho will soon have it. Make Grandpa happy, hyung. You both should do it.” Jaejoong replied and finish what is left on his food.

 

At least, this is far less than what he expected to be. But what bothers Jaejoong the most is if he will be staying here in Korea for a longer time. He wants to go back in Japan already but he set his heart to have a subject here in his homeland. But after the dinner, he is having a doubt again. Wedding bells didn’t sound right.

 

After their dinner, Heechul and Jaejoong stays with Yunho and had drinks together until Heechul decided to go to bathroom and Jaejoong is left with Yunho.

 

“So how are you, Jae?” Yunho asked feeling lightheaded already because of the drink.

 

“I’m good.”

 

“How good? Tell me.”

 

“Coping up but good.”

 

Yunho just laughed and looks at Jaejoong’s face. He examines the features of the guy. He missed those times that Jaejoong will get excited telling him stories about school and those times that he will open his problems to him. Now, Jaejoong looks matured. Gone is the little kid playing with him. Jaejoong grew up beautifully.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Jaejoong asked looking at him straight in eyes.

 

“I was just remembering the old times. You were ugly before.”

 

“Yah. That’s rude Yunho ah.”

 

“It’s true though. Got boyfriends in Japan?”

 

“What do you mean boyfriends? Are you seriously insulting me?” Yunho laughs at him. Still the little kid he used to tease.

 

“Answer me, Jaejoong ah.”

 

“I don’t have plans to have one though. My heart has been broken for a long time. I need to heal it first.” Jaejoong replied seriously but smiles after he saw Yunho’s reaction. He thought that this guy didn’t even know what he was asking. It’s you, Yunho ah.

 

“Who broke that heart of yours?”

 

“We’re too old for secrets, but it is secret.” Jaejoong laughs.

 

 

“I’ve missed you. Our conversation too.” Yunho said sincerely and Jaejoong stop laughing and smiled at him too.

 

“Yeah. I’ve missed it too.” He replied.

 

—————————

 

Yoochun is contemplating if he wants to call Jaejoong. It has been few days and he haven’t receive any calls from him. The man is probably okay since he didn’t receive any call of emergency just in case. But the universe might be listening to Yoochun and finally the man is calling him.

 

“Yah! Are coming back already? Should I prepare the house for a welcoming party?”

 

“Don’t overreact chun ah. I’m okay here.” Jaejoong replied.

 

“I thought you want to come back already. The team is missing you already.”

 

“That’s sweet. Actually, I am pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter