Chapter One

Photograph
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Chapter one

The alarm goes on and on and the person beside the bed lazily reaches for it. It was Sunday and it was meant to be his last day in Japan before he goes back to his homeland. As the person reach for the alarm clock, the phone suddenly rings and results to annoy the person even more. It is early in the morning and all the sounds are annoying him. After turning the alarm clock off, he looks for his phone and answers it without looking at the caller ID.

“Hello.”

“Jaejoong.”

That deep voice wakes him up immediately. It was that voice who commands him and it was that voice he will forever cherish for he seldom hears it calling his name. It was an immediate reaction to bow his head when he greeted the person on the call even without seeing him in person. It was his grandfather. He has the full respect for his Grandpa even if he knew that he was not his favourite grandson. Jaejoong accepted it. Right the moment he was born and knew things on earth is also the time he realizes that his Grandpa will never like him simply because he was a son from another mother. He doesn’t need to be his favourite, he needs to be accepted and loved just like how grandpa loves a grandson. But things were difficult for him and so he accepts those little conversations from his grandpa and cherishes it for he doesn’t know when it will happen again. And so, this morning it will be a once in a blue moon happenings.

“Grandpa.” He replied as he sits properly in his bed and wait for his grandpa to speak.

“I was informed that it will be your last day in Japan. You need to go back here in Korea for your cousin’s exhibit. Everyone will be here.”

“I am going back today grandpa since my photo exhibit here is also done.”

“Okay.”

He ended the call right away without waiting for his reply. It was always like that. He decided to go back in Korea because he knew that his cousin will open his exhibit and all his family will be attending it. There is this sting feeling within him because not even his family attended his own photo exhibit in Japan. He waited for them especially his grandpa even though he knew that he will not come, he still have this little hope in his heart. But endings are not really meant to be happy. He just wants for his Grandpa to be happy for him and his art and at the same time, be proud of him for his achievement. He doesn’t need those fame and all those trophies for winning, he only needs his grandpa to look at him too. He is his grandson and it just felt heavy when he waited and extend his stay in exhibit but only his cousin is present. Heechul attended his exhibit and congratulate him for the success of the exhibit. He even joked and told him that photographs have its magic that paintings do not have and Jaejoong laughed at it. They are really into art. Sometimes there is that little competition within them that Jaejoong knew he will never win because Heechul has his family’s support. And now, his grandpa personally invited him and asked him to go back in Korea for Heechul’s exhibit. It hurts but it is reality and so he will accept it.

He’s up and decided to get ready immediately. He just needs to accept this reality and hope for acceptance in the future. He loves art. Specifically, photographs. He loves to capture pictures and the rarity of moments. Every time he will do exhibit, he has this speech for his main photo. The main art yesterday was the picture of little kids showing their smiles and raising up their hands. Jaejoong loves hands. For him, it will always be the important part of the body and so the eyes too. They speak without words and Jaejoong, not having the acceptance he needs from his family, portray himself through photographs. That is why he is famous for his own art around the world. The photographs are the shout of him. The shout of his own reality. His photographs are very raw. For he don’t need to please people to appreciate what he captures but let the people open their eyes to look at it and see the rarity of a scenario. Photographs are captured in millisecond of time before it changes and that capture stays forever. Every moment is precious and people who love his photograph knew that. Jaejoong, if he cannot speak around his family, he can speak through his photographs and he wishes that his family will look at it as if they are looking at him too. But it never happens.

Jaejoong look at his apartment for the last time before he exits. He planned to stay in Korea for a month. Look for his subject if ever and then go back again in Japan. There is really something in Japan and he knew what it is. He feels free in this country and can easily mingle with people on his own work. He has his own office and his staffs are all Japanese and they are his entire friend. He knew that his success in Japan is also because of the people behind him. Supporting him on his own journey. If his family cannot accept him, his friends are forever will be with him. And he knew that surely.

He was in his car when suddenly his phone is ringing again. He looks at it and smiles before answering the phone.

“Jaejoong! I need to go to your apartment. Look at my captures. You really need to see this. I mean I went to New York for this! Imagine that! I will there within 5…4…3..oh! You’re there!”

Jaejoong just chuckled when he saw Yoochun’s car heading to his parking space and exits at his own car.

“Jaejoong you really need to see this!” says the voice with excitement.

If Yoochun will be a shadow, he will be Jaejoong’s shadow. The man even joked and told him that maybe they are really meant to be together. Jaejoong just laughed at it and told him that they are not really perfect for that kind of relationship. Their relationship is more likely as soulmate. Both of them knew something happen with one another without calling them and at the end of it, they will both knew that what they need is each other and listen to each other’s story. Drink to that pain and problems and laugh during the process. They held each other dearly and sometimes Jaejoong considers him as a family more than his own.

“Yoochun, I need to go back in Korea in a few hours. This better be good.” Jaejoong replied as Yoochun showed him his camera but the man stop immediately and looks at him with serious face. 

“I didn’t know you are going back. You never said anything to me.”

“And so, now you know.”

“Are you sure you want to go back already?” Yoochun asked with concern because he knew that Korea reminds his friend of all his sacrifices when he stayed there.

“I need to conquer that you know and besides, Grandpa called me this morning that is why there is no need to think about it. I really need to go back.” He explained.

“You want me to come with you?”

“Finish this project first chun, I think I can handle myself there. I’ll just call you if anything happens.”

“But Jaejoong, it is Heechul’s exhibit. For sure your family will have this comparison again and slapped you with the statements that shout how they are ashamed of you to be part of that family. And what? They tell that indirectly to you and killing you in the process.” Yoochun speaks without filter. He speaks without sugar coating and with that, Jaejoong loves him even more. He needs real friend and real means the way Yoochun speaks to him.

“Remind me again why we are soulmate.” Jaejoong smiles at him. Yoochun knew that smile. It’s an as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter