Wavering

Imperfect Pack

Hi I'm back again :D How do you like the beginning of Kaisoo? Here's some more :3 

--

Kyungsoo stands trapped between Jongin’s arms. They don’t hold him gently and there’s no soothing aura coming off the werewolf at all. A shiver runs down his spine because his life might very well end here – at least as he knows it. Kyungsoo holds his breath, but the uneven tone of Jongin’s voice didn’t go unnoticed. Was he still crying right before catching Kyungsoo? Or is the same thing going on that’s been going on for a while now; the fact that Kyungsoo has an effect on the werewolf that Jongin doesn’t want to admit.

“Let me go,” Kyungsoo says, but as he’s legitimately scared this time around, he hears the tremor in his voice as well. Jongin chuckles humorlessly before asking him a tricky question.

“Did I ever mistreat you?” Kyungsoo frowns because the direct answer to that would be no, but that wouldn’t be right at all, so it’s not what he says. However, he can’t just lie either and tell the werewolf yes.

“You mistreated my friends,” he therefore says, “and like it or not, I hate you for it,” he finishes, voice sounding much like venom now that he is reminded of that simple fact. For a moment, the arms around him loosen their hold, but when Kyungsoo tries to push the werewolf away from him, he’s unable to do so. For the first time that night, Kyungsoo looks in the eyes of the taller male and sees that he’s hurting. He has to shut his own eyes and bite his lip to stop being affected by it. If only it would work.

“I need a pack,” Jongin confesses and with a frown, Kyungsoo opens his eyes to look at him again.

How is this the way to do that?! You scared the living daylights out of Jongdae,” Kyungsoo starts strong, but there’s little more that he knows, “and you’re willing to sacrifice me,” he adds in a softer tone of voice because he doesn’t have anything other on the male. Except for separating him from his friends and obviously trying to claim him.

“The bite won’t kill you and if you let me do it tomorrow, it will only make everything better,” Jongin says, somehow hopeful that with Kyungsoo’s softer voice, he’s suddenly going to cooperate with him. The short man shoots him a glare and snorts because of it.

Everything will be better?! You know what, I hate that you’re standing here trying to convince me of that! Nothing is better than the life I already have, having fun with my friends, working a normal job and living in a normal house in a normal town!” Did he just snap? Kyungsoo blanks, because he did just snap. None of what he said was fair, knowing that Jongin didn’t choose to be abnormal. Yet, the words I’m sorry can’t roll off his lips because those would be a lie. Kyungsoo isn’t sorry, he won’t be unless… unless Jongin can somehow show him that he’s not terrible. And the small man doesn’t even know how he wants to see that happen. He doesn’t even know why he hopes the werewolf will even try.

It’s only then that Kyungsoo realizes that the trembling he feels, is not his own body’s doing. Jongin, still holding him, but not quite as tightly as before, feels breakable. He looks up in eyes that are red, reflecting the moon’s light and then notices the wolf’s canines appearing. The next shiver he feels, is very much his own, but it’s in complete contrast to what he felt before – he’s anticipating.

He knows Jongin can smell it, as the werewolf’s lips curl up into a satisfied smirk and he leans down with darkened eyes. Kyungsoo feels the lips against the juncture between his neck and shoulder, feels that the touch is hot, slow and teasing. His own breath catches in his throat and unwillingly, he clamps on to Jongin’s chest. The werewolf growls lowly because of it and the vibrations the sound puts forth, weaken Kyungsoo’s foothold. He’s held up steadily, though.

“I’ve got you,” Jongin assures him, confident and Kyungsoo can’t tell if it’s the mask he puts up or not, simply because he can’t even think. The werewolf kisses his neck and constantly, Kyungsoo feels the teeth grazing his skin, as if they’re about to puncture him, but they don’t and he whines – unwillingly, but willingly. “I knew I made the right choice of keeping you close,” Jongin mumbles against his skin, fighting against the urge to just bite already. However because he’s holding back, Kyungsoo’s right mind has a way of coming back to him and his hands push against the hard chest – enough to be felt and considered.

“You have to stop,” he breathes, not quite knowing when he ever felt this dependent, yet his will not allowing himself to give in. For the sake of his friends, who are much more important to him than Jongin wants to believe. The werewolf sighs at his words though and pulls back slightly, letting his arms fall back to his sides. He eyes Kyungsoo, sees how the small man’s lips got fuller and moist in anticipation and he swallows because he wants him.

“This is why it has to be you,” he says softly, his hand moving upwards to caress Kyungsoo’s cheek and the small man looks up at him with wide eyes – completely confused. “You’re strong, like Kris-hyung – dependable.” Kyungsoo frowns because that is in contrast with what he just thought about himself, but an explanation for the werewolf’s words could be the fact that he kept holding back – not just himself, but Jongin as well.

Then he realizes something. The power he felt he held over Jongin is real and the werewolf has realized it too. It opens many doors and all Kyungsoo has to do now, is be straightforward and simply strong.

“I give you permission to bite me,” he says, wriggling out of the strong hold Jongin has over him and when he looks up at him, he sees the desire flicker in his eyes. Kyungsoo has to swallow because that look is intense, but he can’t waver now. “But only on two conditions.” He looks up defiantly at Jongin, who smirks, as if he’s emerged victorious, but the roles are precisely opposite.

“I’m listening,” his deep voice rings and Kyungsoo can see he reaches out a hand, but holds back – it’s all the reassurance he needs to know that he is in control and not the werewolf.

“My friends can do whatever they wish – don’t force them into anything,” he says sternly and Jongin nods, seemingly okay with this particular condition, so Kyungsoo continues. “Secondly, you’re not to look down on me. Whichever way I turn out – alpha, beta or omega. If you do, I’ll promise you right now I’ll go rogue and intend not to ever see you again.” Jongin visibly flinches and steps away as his typical wolf-traits vanish slowly. It’s as if the desire previously felt, has dissipated into thin air because of the threat, but he’s not willing to back down so easily.

“Am I allowed a condition of my own?” he asks and Kyungsoo frowns slightly because he didn’t see that coming. Rather, he needs a moment to process the entire situation in which he holds power over a werewolf who possesses much more strength than he does. He nods curtly though and follows Jongin when the tall male turns around and retreats back to the house they came from – the house Kyungsoo wanted to leave behind. “I want you to spend the night with me now.”

 

A little while later, Kyungsoo lies in a bed that oozes with manliness that he has difficulty to ignore. The bed dips when Jongin slips under the covers next to him and he feels nerves rise because he agreed to something potentially dangerous. Did Jongin mean sleep together? Or did he mean mating? Or–

His thoughts are cut short when Jongin turns his body so he lies on his side, back facing the werewolf while Jongin invites himself in Kyungsoo’s personal space. The tall male’s front is pressed against his back and Kyungsoo can feel the heartbeat through the fabric of the shirt he wears.

Jongin just snuggles his neck and eventually, breaks down crying. Kyungsoo can do nothing at first, lying paralyzed because this wasn’t what he expected at all, but then he realizes yet another thing. Jongin needs guidance and he already told Kyungsoo that he thinks he is the one to provide that for him.

So he wriggles around in the hold Jongin has on him, though it’s easy because the werewolf isn’t trying to keep him restricted. Kyungsoo finally gives in to that feeling in his chest, that hurt he kept pushing away at the sound of Jongin’s crying. His arm wraps around the larger body and rubs his back soothingly. He ends up saying kind words, not so much disgusted with him anymore and he’s confused, but that’s pushed to the back of his mind.

Jongin ends up telling him that his pack got murdered, that he didn’t have a mate and that this Kris-hyung was his alpha, their leader. He had nobody left to hold on to so he went hunting, his brain going haywire because wolves aren’t meant to be alone. Kyungsoo is more than a little affected, feels more and more how his heart is opening up to the young wolf and dreads having to choose between him and his friends.

 

--

First of all I want to thank anyone who's still with me after not updating for so long! <3 I don't know if anyone wants to know, but there's a lot of things going on in my private life right now which makes it really hard to keep my focus - so I end up doing multiple things at the same time and this got pushed back a bit, I'm sorry for that. :/ 

If you like the story, don't be afraid to leave me a comment! I love comments and I always reply because it's important to me what you think! <3 And so I'd like to ask right here, would you like for Baekhyun to be bitten and get turned? And why? I'd wanted to put up a poll with the question, but I have no idea how I can get a poll here at the end of the story ^^' I'm such a noob, I know :')