Chapter 2

Don't Leave Me

Nahyun's POV

Beep Beep

I groaned after I heard my alarm. It's 6.30 in the morning and I purposely locked my alarm at that time. Why? To avoid my father. I got up from the bed and went to shower. After that, I dressed quickly and when I checked the clock, it's 7.10 AM. 

Hmm, perfect. We usually have breakfast at 8 and dad won't be downstairs. I smiled to myself at the thought. 

I went downstairs slowly and checked whether my father was there or not. When I confirmed that he's not downstairs, I heaved a sigh. I took my car key and I stopped on my tracks after I heard someone calling for me.

"Nahyun, don't you want to have breakfast first?" I heaved another sigh when it's just my mom.

"No, it's okay, mom. I will have breakfast with Seohee," I said and just grinned at my mom. "Well, I got to go now, so, see you later, mom. I love you!" I said before hurriedly made my way to my car. 

I arrived at the office around 7.40 AM and to be honest, it's so early. I decided to go to my office room and do some work that need to be done by this morning. After 10 minutes or so, I decided to call Seohee and asked whether she had arrived at the office or not. Then, I told her to wait for me at the cafeteria. 

 

~~~~~~

 

"Seohee!" I called out. Seohee lifted her face and waved back to me as I rushed towards her. 

"What is it that you want to see me?" she asked. 

"Did you know that my dad still insisting his friend's son to be my husband?" I said, almost raising my voice in anger. 

"What?? Really?! Why is he so persistent on you getting married?" Seohee asked. "I know right!!" 

"Whatever it is, I hope he doesn't visit me or anything today," I said before getting up to order my food. "I have my finger crossed for you," Seohee said before doing the same. 

 

~~~~~~

 

I think it is stupid of me to think that my dad will not visit, because looked who's here right now. 

"So, Nahyun, this is my friend that I always talk about to you," I heard my father said but I didn't pay any attention to it as I have work to do. I just nod at what he said. 

"I'm sorry that I can't bring his 2nd son too, since he's busy with work," my father added. 

"Dad, I thought that I already said that I don't want it," I said firmly. This started to annoy me. 

"Don't want what?" I heard my father's friend asked. 

"Ah, it's nothing. I suggested your 2nd son to her. You know I want my daughter to marry him," my father said. 

That's it. I can't deal with this anymore. I thought. 

"Dad!! How many times should I tell you that I don't want to marry your friend's son??!" I yelled. 

"Nahyun!! I'm your father and how dare you raised my voice at me??!" 

"I already had enough of yesterday. Just please stop talking about marriage!! I already said no. No means no!!" 

"Kim Nahyun!!!" my father shouted. His voice echoed in the room. I bet the workers outside heard this. I sighed at the thought. 

"Why are you sighing? Finally accepted my decision?" my father asked. 

I looked at my father, furrowing my eyebrows. "What? Agreed with your decision? Hell no!!" I replied back. 

"Enough both of you," I heard my father's friend finally said something. We looked at him. 

"Look, Hyun. There's no need to force your daughter to marry my son. She said no, so we need to respect her decision," he said. 

"No. That's my ultimate decision. No one can say otherwise," I sighed again as my father is being so stubborn. 

I don't know what his deal with me and marriage. I just can't understand why. 

"Kim Nahyun. You like it or not, you will marry Taehyung," my father said. 

"WHAT??! Dad!! You can't do this to me!!!" 

"Yes I can. I'm your father," 

"NO!! YOU CAN'T!! I REFUSE TO!!" 

At this point, I don't even care anymore whether people heard it or not. 

"Kim Nahy-- Ahhhh!!" my father collapsed while clutching at his left chest. 

I gasped. "Hyun!! Hyun!! What's wrong??!" his friend asked. 

I saw my dad was gasping for air as if he has difficulty in breathing. I panicked as I don't know what happened to him. I started to cry. 

"Oh my god!! Dad!!! Are you okay?? Why are you like this??!" I said in between my cry. "Hold him for a while, I'm calling the ambulance,"

"Dad, stay with me okay?? Breath slowly. The ambulance will be here in a minute. So, please, stay with me. Please," I said in a hush tone as I started to cry harder. 

 

~~~~~~

 

I still don't stop crying as I'm so worried about my father. Then, I feel someone patted my back. I looked at the person.

"Stop crying. I'm sure he will be okay," It's my father's friend. I want to say something but then, I saw the doctor came out from my father's ward. I immediately get up and went to the doctor. 

"Doctor! How's my father? He's okay, right? His condition is not serious, right?" I bombarded the doctor with questions. 

"Calm down, miss. Are you one of his family members?" the doctor asked. 

"Yes. I'm his daughter," I said on the verge to cry again as my voice cracked a little bit. 

"Well, he actually got a heart attack just now. But, he's already stable and you can visit him," the doctor explained. 

"Oh, thank god," I sighed in relief. 

"But, I just want to say that don't pressure him or make him stressed," the doctor added. 

"Okay. I can go and visit him now, right?" I asked. The doctor just nod and then, he walked away. 

I was just about to twist the doorknob, when I heard a woman called my name. "Kim Nahyun!"

I turned around and saw my mom. "Mom!" I cried again as I hugged her. 

"How is he? He's okay, right? Your father," she asked. I just nodded and we went in along with my father's friend. 

"Oh, darling! How could this happened to you?" my mom asked as he kissed and hugged her husband. I can't help but looked away from the scene. 

"But, now I'm okay, right?" I heard my father said while smiling. 

"Hyun, I'm glad that you're okay and safe now," his friend said. My mom looked at his friend. 

"Oh, aren't you Kim Taejin?" I heard she asked. "Ah, yes. I'm Kim Taejin," he replied. 

"You still remember my friend?" my father asked. "Of course," 

"Anyway, I still remember about what I said," he said. 

"Dad. Not about that again, please," I pleaded. "You need to focus on getting better," I added. 

"Nahyun, I don't think I have much time left. I want to walk my daughter down the aisle and attend your wedding," my father started. "I don't want to die before doing all of that," he added. 

"Dad. No. Don't say things like that please," I said. I hate it when someone talked about death. Of course, he will just shrugged about what I said. 

"My last will is to see you marry his son," my father said and pointed at his friend. "Hyun, you don't have to do this. Don't you have pity at your daughter?" I just nodded at his friend's statement. 

"Like I said, it's the ultimate decision. You will marry Taehyung," my father said with determination laced his voice. 

"But -" I want to protest but remembering the doctor's advice, I decided to shut my mouth. As much as I want to protest, his condition and health come first. I was left with no choice but to comply with him. I sighed. 

"Fine. Whatever suits you," I said coldly. Clearly showing that you're not willing to do it. "If you agreed from day one, things will be much easier and will not turn out like this," my father side. 

My father looked at his friend. "I will discuss this matter with my family when I got back home," he replied. 

"You're okay with it, right?" I heard my father asked. I was shocked at that question and I think it's written all over my face. 

He can ask his friend whether he's okay with the idea but didn't have any conscience to ask me that?! 

"Well, you want Nahyun to marry Taehyung, I guess it's okay? I still need Taehyung's answer, though," he explained. 

"Then, asked him. I hope he agreed," my father said. 

I hope he said no. Please, Taehyung, whoever you are, please say no. I thought to myself. 

Mr. Kim then excused himself as the journey from the hospital to his house is quite far and he need to go now if he wanted to arrive home before dawn. 

 



Here's the 2nd chapter~~ 

I want to update everyday, but it seems that beyond my capability. As for now, I just update this story whenever I could. But, don't worry, maybe every two days, I will update (?)

If there any spelling mistakes or anything, I'm sorry as I updated this using my phone and I didn't proofread either. 

Anyway, happy reading :D

Also, drop your thoughts down below. I really appreciate it if you also subscribe and invite :-)

 

Love, 

miss_fangirl18