Chapter 1

Don't Leave Me

Nahyun's POV

I hummed as I walked out from the bathroom and picked out today's clothes. I checked the clock and I still have time to get ready. After I had done getting ready, I picked my phone and checked the clock again. My eyes widen as I saw the time. 

"Oh . I didn't know I have such a sweet time getting ready," I said to myself as I rushed downstairs. I greeted my parents and bid them goodbye as I grabbed my car key. 

"Nahyun, honey. Don't you want to have breakfast first?" I heard my mom said. "No, it's okay. I'm afraid that I will be late. I will have breakfast at the office, okay. Bye!" I said and drove my car to my workplace.

It's a good thing that the traffic is quite okay today. I arrived at my workplace and as I walked toward my office room, Seohee greeted me. She followed me to my room. "Yes Seohee? What do you want?" I asked her.

"Did you have breakfast yet? I'm hungry," Seohee said with a pout on her face. Oh girl, there she goes again. I thought as I chuckled. "Okay, fine. Let's go and grab our breakfast okay," "Yeay!" Seohee squealed. With that, I grabbed my purse and walked towards the cafeteria with Seohee.

After having breakfast with Seohee, I went back to work. I work as a personal assistant but not my father's personal assistant even though he's the owner of this company. I'm not comfortable being my father's PA. I needed to prepare this paperwork that my boss assigned me to it. I was halfway done when I heard a knock and I asked the person to come in. I didn't look up to see who's the person as I really focused on my work. 

"Wahh, my daughter is so hardworking," I heard the man said and I recognised the voice immediately. "Dad. Why are you here?"

"Eh, can't I visit her daughter at her office?" he asked. "No, it's not like that. Just asking since you're the CEO, aren't you supposed to be busy?" I asked.

"Well, I just came back from a meeting and I thought that by visiting you the fatigue will go away. It's a good decision anyway as I felt a little bit relaxed," my dad said. 

I just rolled my eyes and chuckled before continuing doing my work. Then, suddenly I heard my father asked a question.

"Nahyun, don't you want to get married?" I lifted my face and looked at my father. "Why are you suddenly asking that question?"

"Isn't it time for you to get married? Or at least have a boyfriend?" he asked again. "Dad, I don't have time for that okay," I answered.

"Plus, I'm not ready to be someone's wife yet," I said in a low voice. "Sorry? You're not ready? You will be forever not ready if you don't start dating," 

"Dad, please," I said begging him to stop talking about this marriage thingy. But, guess what? He didn't listen to me. 

"Oh, I have this one friend and he has two sons. His eldest son is good but since he's currently jobless, I will not let you marry him. But, his second son works as a doctor and even own a clinic. How about him?" my dad asked. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and decided to ignore my father. I know it's rude, but I'm not in a mood to talk about marriage. 

"Okay. Think about what I said and then tell me later. Understand?" he said and I just nodded my head. Then, my father finally left my room. I let out a loud sigh.

"I'm just 25 years old and my father already talk about marriage. He never talk about marriage before. Why he suddenly talk about it?" I mumbled as I continued to do my work. 

After a while, I got a call from Seohee. "Yes, Seohee?" I said

"Nahyun, let's go and grab lunch," I heard Seohee said.

"I'm sorry, Seohee. I have too many works that need to be done right now. Next time, okay?" when I said that, I can hear Seohee sighed in disappointment.

"Fine, then. We will have lunch together next time. Promise?" I just chuckled and replied with a 'yes'.

 

~~~~~

 

After felt like hours, I realised that it's already 5 PM and since I have done all the work for today, I decided to call it a day. Suddenly I was reminded about my father's word just now. Kim Nahyun, why you have to think about that now? I hissed at the thought and decided to call Seohee. I told her to meet me at our favourite cafe.

When I arrived at the cafe, I saw Seohee. She was looking at her phone and didn't realise that I had arrived. A smirk form on my face. I walked slowly towards her back. 

"BOO!" I said to her ear as I gripped her shoulder. Seohee screamed at that and I laughed. "Kim Nahyun! What was that for?" She said.

"Sorry.. You're too caught up with your phone that you didn't even realised I'm already here," I said, still laughing. 

"Can't you greet me properly? Like, saying 'Hey, I'm here' instead of doing that," Seohee pout. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I will not do that again," I said in defeat.

"Well, I already ordered your drinks. It's the usual, right?" Seohee said and give me my drink. "Oh, thank you, Seohee. You're the best~~" I said while give her hearts.

"Yes, I'm so kind. But, what did I get? You scared me in public," she replied. "Awwwww, our Seohee is still mad, huh?" I said in a cute tone. She just rolled her eyes.

"Anyway, why did you want to meet me suddenly?" She asked. "I was on my way home and I need to do a U-turn to get here," Seohee added.

I choked on my coffee after I heard she said that. "Seohee!! You do know that you can say you can't meet me, right?" I said, shocked written all over my face. 

"Well, you sound so urgent just now and I thought there might be something wrong with you. That's why I came," Seohee explained. 

Oh God. What did I do to deserve this girl as my cousin and bestfriend? I thought.

"It's not something big, actually," I begun. Seohee sipped her coffee and waited for me to continue.

I told Seohee everything about my father said just now at my office. After that, there's a moment of silence betwen me and Seohee. 

"Uncle never talk about marriage before. Now, I just want to know what triggered him to talk about it," Seohee talked first, breaking the silence. "I know right," I said.

"One thing that I will never understand is that, he even suggested his friend's son!!" I said in frustration. "Now, I feel like don't want to go home," I addedand fake cried.

"Girl, don't you ever dare to do that," Seohee said, unamused. "Do you think I will really do that? I'm just saying how I feel, okay," 

I looked at my watch and saw that it's already near 6 PM. "Seohee, let's go home, okay. It's already nearing 6 PM," I said. Seohee just nod and we bid goodbye.

I arrived home when it's 6.30 PM and I feel so reluctant to go inside the house. But, I managed to gather all strength that left in me to drag myself into the house.

"Oh, Nahyun. You're home. But, why are you late?" my mom greeted me. "I met with Seohee just now. I felt bad for her since I turned down her offer to lunch together," I explained and lied a little bit. "Ah, I see. Well then, go upstairs and rest while waiting for dinner, okay?"

I gave my mom a small smile as I headed upstairs. After I had taken like three steps, I turned back and asked my mom "Where's dad?" "He's on his way home," 

I nodded and headed to my room. I laid on my bed for a while and heaved a sigh before finally went to the bathroom.

As I was wearing my pajamas, I heard my mom calling for me saying that dinner is ready. With that, I went downstairs and my mouth watered as soon as I saw the food. I quickly took my place at the table and started to eat.

"Your food is the best mom. There's no other food that will taste like yours," I said while giving a thumbs up. My mom just shook her head with my behaviour. My dad is being quite and it seems like he wanted to say something. I just shrugged since I thought maybe he just was thinking about work. But, oh girl, little did I know that he still thinks about the marriage talk that he had with me just now. Not until he finally spoke.

"So, Nahyun. Have you thought about what I said just now?" I looked at my father questioningly as I didn't get what he said at first. Once I finally understood, it felt like my appetite gone just like that. 

"Can we not talk about that? I already told you that I'm still not ready," I answered. "No. We need to talk," he insisted. At that time, I already put down my spoon, not wanting to eat anymore. 

"Why do you keep insisting about marriage, dad? I'm not that old, I'm still young," I said to him. "You're 25 and you said you're not old?" my father cocked an eyebrow.

"Mom, do you think that someone, who is in their mid 20s, is old?" I turned to my mom. She was taken aback with the question and confusion was written all over her face. Obviously, didn't know what we're talking about. 

"Not really," she said. Hearing that, I turned to my father and cocked my left eyebrow. "But, actually, what happened between both of you?" my mom asked.

"Did you know that dad suggested his friend's son as my future husband?" I said in disbelief tone. My mom just looked at dad with questioning look. "What? Is it wrong?" 

"Yes, it is, dad," "Darling, you can't just straight up telling her all that. You're just pressuring her," my mom said. "Plus, she said that she's not ready. So, let's respect her decision, okay?" she added. "No. I don't want," 

"Dad!!" "Darling!!" my mom and I said unisonly. I'm furious at my father's behaviour and I seriously don't have the appetite to eat. So, I left the dining table and stomped my way to my bedroom. "Nahyun!! Kim Nahyun!! We're not done yet!!" I could hear my father shouting. I slammed the door to let everyone know, especially my father, that I'm really mad and stressed right now. I decided to sleep, so I can forget about what happened just now. Even though, it's just for a while, but I really need it.

 

Third person's POV

Both Mr. and Mrs. Kim heard Nahyun slammed her door. Mrs. Kim turned to her husband. 

"Darling, why did you do that? She said that she's not ready. So, stop pressuring her," she said.

"Then, what do you want me to do? If she can;t accept my friend's son as her husband, then she could at least try to date him," Mr. Kim explained.

"Do you think she will agree to date? When she said that she's not ready for marriage, do you think that she's not ready ONLY for marriage?" Mrs. Kim said, knocking some sense into her husband.

"Whatever it is, I still want Nahyun to be with my friend's son," Mr. Kim said, being determined with his decision.

Mrs. Kim just sighed and said, "Fine. Do whatever you want. Once Nahyun gone from this house because of your decision, only then you regretted it,"

 



First chapter up!! 

Do comment your thoughts about it and subscribe + upvote are appreciated......

English isn't my first language and I didn't proofread either, so any mistaked, please forgive me

 

Love,

miss_fangirl18