Strawberry

Strawberries

It is one of those nights when Felix’s bed sat empty and Hyunjin would always – always follow where the owner of the empty bed goes. He felt his heart constricts as he saw the freckled boy lying in the middle of the dark room with arms widely spread out. The stars weren’t as bright as it is but the beam of the moon was enough to see the other. Hyunjin freely laid himself beside Felix who remained still, eyes glued on the ceiling of the dance room. Hyunjin could not deny Changbin’s words. In fact, it was a wake-up call.

He liked Felix since he saw him on an empty rehearsal room one day, following the beat of the music as if his body was made for it. He liked him the first time he heard him speaking with his words tangling and twisting with each other. He liked him when he saw his eyes blink in confusion whenever he tries hard to listen. He liked him ever since he felt a thump on his chest the first time he heard his stuttering foreign ‘hello’ as he bowed to everybody with his unexpected deep voice hidden over a charming face. He liked him even before he knew Felix liked Changbin.

“You’re here.” Felix uttered as his chest pulls up and down with his breathing starting to steady.

Hyunjin smiled faintly and nodded as if the other would see him. He felt his hands starting to sweat despite the cold atmosphere and his heart went loud - his heart that never kept still every time the freckled boy is around. He laid his eyes on the ceiling where Felix’s gaze remains. His cheeks started to heat up, hoping that the boy beside him could not hear his untamed heartbeats.

 “What’s keeping you up?” Felix felt better the moment Hyunjin arrived. His mind stood calm unlike before the other boy came in. There’s always something about Hyunjin’s presence that subdues his unlikeable thoughts because to him, Hyunjin is his sign of peace and he was more than enough.

Hyunjin tilted his head on his side. He likes Felix’s new hair, he thought to himself as he locked his eyes to the freckled boy. And he paused for a second to thank the heavens for creating the most ethereal person he had ever met.

Hyunjin notices everything. He notices the smallest details, the slightest mistakes, and even the tiniest change of a person’s mood yet he was too dense to notice his own feelings and he mentally scolds himself for that. His stomach felt uneasy and his heart kept on getting louder, wilder than before.

Waiting for an answer, Felix tilted his gaze to his side where the other boy lies. Their eyes met but neither of them looked away. Silence beamed in the whole room, occupying every corner as if it was the moment they have been waiting for. Words unsaid became unnecessary for everything - everything was written in their orbs. Hyunjin felt a high amount of electricity running on his system, anticipating, waiting for every single second that passes by. He wanted to stand up and walk out for a minute in order to breathe properly, he wanted to stop time for a while to collect his brewing heartbeats but there’s no backing down. He knew it was the perfect time and he’s ready to unleash it all.

“You.” Hyunjin finally spoke still looking at the other’s eyes, breaking every boundary that the universe had made. “You’re the one that’s keeping me awake.” His hands slightly trembling slowly searched for the boy’s hand and held it tight as if it would secure his escaping heartbeats.

 He never felt any happier when the boy held his’ as tight as he did.

“There’s something I uhm – C-Can I tell you something?” Hyunjin felt the rush of blood in his body and he tries hard not to stutter and find the proper words to say.

He repeatedly chanted on his mind to keep straight and tries to ready himself for a possible heartbreak. No matter how hard he tries to believe Changbin’s words, only Felix could know the answer. Maybe the one sided love story was not Changbin’s after all. Maybe it was his story, he thought. But he promised to himself that he will never allow this chance slip away once again.

Felix nodded and his lips arched into a soft smile, gaze still on Hyunjin. Hyunjin swallowed hard and looked away. He was never as shy and nervous as in the exact moment but his tongue gets tied and his words had gone haywire. Now, he doesn’t know where to find strength. Felix smiled wider at the scene and breathed out a soft chuckle.

“Get up.” Felix suddenly sat up without removing their intertwined hands. Hyunjin blinked anxiously but followed quickly. Now they were facing each other.

Hyunjin felt his chest tearing apart. Is it the end? He thought to himself once again. He felt confused.

“Can I tell you something too?” Felix asked trying hard to look calm despite his deafening heartbeats inside. Hyunjin nodded in confusion and kept on swallowing the lump on his throat as if it could help.

“Your lips-“ Felix leaned forward leaving a decent amount of space to make Hyunjin jump and froze in surprise.

“Your lips really remind me of strawberries.” Felix’s eyes travelled down to Hyunjin’s lips that made Hyunjin out of breath. “I wonder if they taste like one.”

Hyunjin’s whole world fell silent. He felt a pair of lips above his taking out all the senses he has. It was soft, sweet, and warm that it he felt his soul went out of his body. It was exactly as he imagined it to be – well, much much more softer, sweeter, and warmer than he had ever imagined. If that was the taste of heartbreak then he will accept it for the rest of his life and he will never ever complain. He would accept heartbreaks as willingly as he can.

Hyunjin got back to his senses when Felix broke away. He felt a rollercoaster endlessly turning from his chest all the way to his stomach and even the moon would say how much Hyunjin unbelievably likes it.

“They taste like one.” Felix smiled with his cheeks as flushed as Hyunjin's and ran his fingers to Hyunjin’s lips. He had always admired these lips. “And I like you too.” So, he decided to claim it once again and kissed the other with all of his well kept untamed heartbeats.

Hyunjin suddenly broke away and quickly cupped Felix’s face with his hands.

It wasn't one-sided after all.

“Damn it. Tell me I am not dreaming.” He bit his lip still savoring the flavor of the freckled boy’s lips left on his.

Felix captured Hyunjin’s face just like what the taller boy did to his. “No you are not dreaming so kiss me back.”

With that, Hyunjin knew his heartbeats will remain untamed, wilder than ever. And he was more than willing to get used to it.

 

-------------------------------

a.n.: First of all, I am sorry for the lame chapter. But still, Thank you so much for reading! Till my next work. xoxo