Milkshake

Strawberries

The sky rumbled without showing any sign of tranquility as if it was as problematic as Hyunjin’s thoughts. Hyunjin didn’t make any huge progress since the day he decided to try tying Felix’s and Changbin’s red strings together but he wants to pursue and he doesn’t plan to stop there.

Also, the only thing that keeps him and his plans go a little bit accordingly was because the more he tries to make Changbin jealous, the more he gets to play around Felix and he enjoys it.

“Hey, sit beside me.” Hyunjin patted the space on the couch that he made for the freckled boy and he beamed a smile when the other followed without having a thought. As soon as the freckled boy occupied the space, Hyunjin felt the other’s tensed aura and he knew exactly why. They will be having a live video chat and Hyunjin on the other hand was more excited than before. He knew Felix felt nervous every now and then especially on live chat mainly because of his not so good Korean but he was also mindful how Felix tries really hard. He cupped the freckled boy’s shoulders and looked into his eyes with the warmest smile he could ever have assuring him that everything’s going to be alright. And that helped Felix a lot.

Hyunjin thinks of it as an opportunity to his plan and he pats himself inside for being brilliant. Before, Felix and Changbin always sat together in their live video chat but not this time. He eyed Changbin as soon as Felix sat beside him, expecting a disappointed look on his face but to his dismay, his small hyung didn’t give any reaction. So, he decided to sling his arm around Felix’s shoulder instead.

The taller boy knew fans would notice every single thing that’s happening especially when members are extra clingy to each other. So he proceeded to his plan b.

He took Felix’s left arm to his back and wrapped it around his waist. Felix looked at him, slightly surprised at Hyunjin’s sudden action but he softened when Hyunjin winked at him and smiled even more.

Hyunjin is a very tactile person and it is not foreign especially to Felix. He loves cuddles and touch which is the reason why he and Woojin (who likes hugs a lot) get along well. Felix was aware about it but he never gets used to it. Sometimes, he still jumps in surprise when Hyunjin decides to corner him in a back hug and make it gently tighter than usual but he never complains. Not only because there was something about the taller boy’s presence that gives him the sense of being secured in a way but also because he could not deny how Hyunjin’s warmth can be somehow comforting especially in these kinds of moment. Still, Felix couldn’t find the right words to explain.

Hyunjin was in fact not so into the live chat. His mind was only half listening and the other half was on Felix. He felt Felix relaxed a bit and he have never felt any delighted when he saw how the freckled boy could laugh freely at Korean jokes the other members threw. So, he decided to let his arm stay right where it was and watch Felix with glistening eyes.

They were laughing hysterically to one of Chan’s more than many dad jokes when Hyunjin’s glance absentmindedly landed to Changbin’s direction and he knew he cannot go wrong when he caught Changbin staring at Felix’s direction with an unexplainable look in his eyes. His insides rejoiced at the thought of his plans having even the slightest outcome but the thought of Changbin finally realizing Felix’s undeniable feelings for him suddenly dread on his mind.

Hyunjin expected himself to feel glad and enthusiastic but there was something hollow that deepened inside his chest. He felt scared and unsure and he doesn’t like it.

Felix noticed Hyunjin spacing out. It was time to bid their farewell to the fans but Hyunjin was staring straightly on the floor with his free hand on his lips. Felix tapped him on his lap which sent him back to his senses. Hyunjin sighed heavily. As soon as they bid their goodbye, the members whined in hunger. It was enjoyable but it made them hungry at the same time but they wouldn’t want it any other way.

Hyunjin, on the other hand was still occupied with his thoughts. Maybe he was overthinking, he told himself. He looked at Changbin’s direction once again to pick up some clues but the other has nothing to offer so he finally settled to shake his thoughts away and told himself that maybe, a milkshake could somehow keep his hopes up so he told the freckled boy to come with him later and stormed out of the room without a word.