Red Flavor

Rhythms of a Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daegu’s daughter Bae Juhyun’s beauty has always been undeniable, unquestionable, undisputed and unmistakable. Growing up the lady would often listen how her figure was one of a goddess. People would crown in her surroundings just to please their aesthetic senses. Her family had taken it in as pride. She, however, took some time to understand what it meant to her. “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder,” so to others it could mean anything from attraction to admiration or who knows, she could stay days studying psychological researches on this topic as she has, and believe it, that’s not how she’s learned what it meant to her.

As Juhyun realized she had a liking to the arts, she also realized she could use her exterior as a tool. Face expressions, body movements. How she acted, reacted. She could charm anyone not only with her perfect traits, but precise dance moves. So being the incorporation of Aphrodite herself wasn’t useless. However, her mindset was more important. How she perceived herself and the world around her. That’s how Bae Juhyun concluded she could achieve anything she wanted to, as long as she would be rational, diligent and hardworking. She was extraordinary because of who she was INSIDE.

Debuting took her some time. She’d had the opportunity to see Girls’ Generation rise and even study them closely. She was NOT a stalker, don’t get her wrong, but SNSD has always been a bouquet of flowers and when she finally got to know them, she would observe them. Okay, maybe she was a bit of a stalker. In retrospect, she’s gained experience from training for 5 years, but it’s never hold her back from feeling insecure every once in a while. Back then, meeting much younger, new trainees, was a proof of it.

She remembers to this day when she met her Red Velvet galpals. Kim Yerim was all rainbows and smiles, so young, “are girls this young allowed to join companies?” she thought, wishing she were that young herself when she joined. Soon enough, Son Seungwan joined. A fluffy piece of humanity. Her voice, though, was much too powerful. It reminded Juhyun she should put in more effort into singing. Seulgi would certainly help her – dancing girl who’d been there when she joined the company and always remained strong.

She heard all about how Park Sooyoung was the prettiest girl in her area and had an ambitious nature, much like Juhyun herself. She also had a graceful voice as that of an angel. When she met Sooyoung, the girl looked down at her (because she was very tall next to Hyun) as if she was looking at an alien, with wide brown eyes, luscious lips partially open, murmuring her introduction in broken parts as if she had forgotten what she was there for. Juhyun could only answer with her polite smile and analytic look.

 “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Bae Juhyun. Nice to meet you.”

Then, her newest dongsaeng finally smiled and Juhyun concluded Park Sooyoung had the looks of an actress and was, indeed, cute. Not sure if it was bad or not, but if she’s in for the ride, Juhyun would consequently just ignore her like all of them others because trainees come and go, becoming too attached wasn’t smart.

Except, Park Sooyoung came to stay. She’s a star. Dedicated, kind, y, pretty, charismatic, what else? Two years later and Sooyoung (now Joy) would debut with Red Velv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter