Wish Tree

Rhythms of a Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She regrets it the moment she knocks at her door. She shouldn't be here. She shouldn't have thought of her, she shouldn't have set a special macaroon box just for her, she shouldn't have had the guts to dismiss her manager at the Seoul Train Station just to come straight to HER house.

For goodness' sake: her FAMILY's house.


Her neck is tensioned, her breath is fastening by the second and she feels like the world is ending. By the time she realizes there's a camera at the door and there's no way nobody at the house would know it was she who knocked at the door, she's having a full-on panic attack.


"Get it together, Juhyun! You're just coming to visit your dongsaeng's family,"
Juhyun says to herself,
"Even though you've never done that before by yourself and that sounds totally suspicious."


That pep talk isn't helping...


"Okay, I can just say I came to visit the dog... Except everybody knows you don't like dogs, Juhyun!"


"Who's this? Oh- Sooyoung!" She hears a woman's voice from the intercom before they call a very familiar name, turning it off.


"They've probably already recognized me from the cam. Okay, woman up. You just came to give her mother some macaroons. That's it!"


"Oh, Juhyun-unnie? I'm opening the door, just come in," Sooyoung says as an electronic device makes a sound and Juhyun has a free pass to her home.

 

 

Sooyoung's home is cozy but sophisticated, much like herself.

As soon as Juhyun steps inside the house she sees a bunch of toys and smell what she calls the proof a dog's around.


"Unnie, what a surprise! What are you doing here?"


Joy appears right in the corner along with her mother. Just as Juhyun begins to apologize for barging in so late she sees a little white ball of furs come her way. She should know better than to act like a scared child squealing and making an embarrassment out of herself, but all she can think of is "PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THE MONSTER" so in a motion she hides herself behind Joy, one hand protecting her face and the other holding the poor macaroon's box that she'd be surprised if didn't become all crumbles by then.


"Minji-yah, I told you to hold Haetnim! Juhyun unnie doesn't like dogs. It's okay, unnie, I'm holding her, she likes visits, that's all. She won't hurt you."


Juhyun takes a look at the baby in Sooyoung's arm, they look at her with curiosity. She then looks to the girl holding it, how she missed those big eyes. They don't shine as brightly in her direction as they once used to. Juhyun is then dragged by Joy's mother into the dining room with the excuse the Parks wouldn't let the girl go or say anything but at the table with a proper dinner. She doesn't know how she came to be in this situation when all she thought of first was see the girl, gift her and good-bye.

Turns out she ended up in the kitchen helping Joy's mother while her sister and she went to put Haetnim to sleep.


Dinner went better than she thought. Her father would always bring a new topic to talk about every time she felt out of place, which was obviously constant with all the Parks looking at her with so much curiosity. Even Joy, which Juhyun judged to be better than the sorrow looks she was sporting last time they had a conversation.


Juhyun was so sick back then she doesn't know how she recalls it. It took her months to bring this topic to her own self again and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter