One of those ​​​​​​​​​​“late at night​​​​​​​​​​” conversation

100 and more days — boblice stories

​​February 2018

It was late at night. She should have been in bed already, she knew this, but that day sleeping seemed like a pretty difficult mission. The reason? She didn't know either. Usually for her was enough to put the head on the pillow to be able to slip into dreams ​​​​​​​- even the fans now knew that detail of her personality ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​- but the thoughts, or perhaps the excitement in view of the next day, made it impossible for her to sleep with the usual ease. At sunrise, Taeyang's wedding day would come and she was overexited for that event. She had been happy to learn of the romance between her sunbae and Min Hyorin. She had felt inspired by their story and, above all, their romance had demonstrated to her that yes, even for idols like them happiness could exist.

The Blackpink House was silent at that time of night. No cameras around the big and cold rooms, no crew members to arrange the details of the sets. Her eonnies were already in bed and nobody was there to keep her company. Hidden by the curtains of that place that had immediaty become Chaeng's favorite place in that house, Lisa was lazily stretched out, hands raised to hold her smartphone. Nothing interesting was flowing on the screen, only funny images and videos of some pets, as often happened in the rare times when she and the sleep couldn't get along.

Suddenly, the vibration of the smartphone tickled her skin. She didn't have to ask herself what the unexpected notification was, because at the top of the screen the message just arrived immediately attracted her attention.

"Kimbab​". The sender's name immediately jumped to her eye, snatching her a smile. Usually the numbers in her column had basic names and perhaps a little trivial ​- as ​"Jennie Eonnie​", for example -, but in the case of Kim Ji Won, she couldn't help but include that nickname, especially since that apparently the only Korean food that she could cook was the kimbap. More or less.

"Are u up?"
Was written in the message. Without hesitation, she immediatly wrote her answer, in her personal and concise style.
"Yes"
"It's late at night, what are u up for?" 
"I'm watching funny puppys videos on internet. Why are u awake? No schedule for tomorrow?" 
"Yeah, but I can't sleep. Sand me some videos" 
"'kay, you should like this one"
And like that, one of their nocturnal rituals began. Whether they were in the same room or each in their own, for years now during sleepless nights or in moments of boredom they often kept company eachother like that, sharing conversations on frivolous videos like those or on more important and deep subjects. However, it had been a while since they had done it the last time, precisely since the girls had moved into Blackpink House and their days had become more intense and, above all, constantly followed by the camera.

However, it had been a while since they had done it the last time, precisely since the girls had moved into Blackpink House and their days had become more intense and, above all, constantly followed by the camera

"I laughed so loudly that Jinani Hyung scolded me from his room" 
"Yah, I'll not send you any more videos if you bother oppa!" 
"All right, I wan't bother your beloved oppa. Send me more" 
"Good boy! Look at this cutie here" 
She wrote as she sent him a video of a snoring bulldog. 
"He snore almost as much as you"
"I don't snore"
"My ears don't agree"
"Your ears lie"
"I'll check better next time"
"I'll not snore"
"We'll see"
"Meanwhile..."

"He's a genius!"
"IKR! I want a cat..."
"I don't want it anymore"
"What?! You used to say that you would adopt a cat someday"
"I know, but now I don't need a cat anymore. I already have one"
"Are u serious? Since when?"
"Almost four years"
"What are u talking about?"
"Is not obvious?"
"Not at all"
"You"
"..."
"🐰"
"You seriously... Don't joke, I really want to be a cat, they're always pampered, I want to be pampered too"
"I'll pampered you"
"And now?"
"Can I come over?"
"Nope, we're practically in prison. Nobody can enter and nobody can get out..."
"I'll rescue you"
"I'll dream about that... You should go to sleep now"
"I can't"
"Yes, you can"
"Are u sure, Obama?"
"You aren't fun when you're sleepy"
"Cruel"
"Life is cruel. Now go to sleep"
"Will you come to see me in my dreams?"
"I've already a couple of appointments for tonight, but I'll come if I have time"
"Ah seriously, you little thing..."
"I'll see u in your dream, Kimbab"
"I'm not going to sleep"
"So you're not going to met me"
"Fine then, I'll try to sleep now... Goodnight, Pokpak"
"Goodnight"
"Let's talk again tomorrow"
"If we can... Tomorrow will be a busy day for both of us"
"I know, but I miss u"
"Woh, what's wrong with u all of sudden?"
"The moon make me sentimental"
"I miss u too. Let's talk again tomorrow"
"Yeah. Sleep tight"
"You too"

The smartphone's screen went out, but Lisa's smile didn't. Even though the nervousness was gone, thanks to the conversation with Ji Won, a sense of relaxation had taken its place. She felt quiet now, and those same positive feelings she had felt during that conversation accompanied her all the way to her bed and then under the sheets.
Maybe what she felt that night wasn't nervousness but nostalgia. Perhaps tonight what she really missed was the goodnight of her best friend.

*****

Hi, everyone! Here is the autor and... I honestly don't know what to say lol
I started this project without a clear idea in mind, so I don't know how it will come out. For now, I want to think of that projet as a collection of #boblice moments. I hope you appreciate these my mental journeys in the world of these two guys, who unfortunately for them have become the center of my fantasies. Obviously every story will be the result of pure invention that only takes inspiration from reality, but I promise that I will try to be as faithful as possible with the characterization of the characters, basing the details of their personalities on the interviews and on the other programs in which they partecipated and will partecipate in the future.
Okay, now I'll stop blabbering lol
I apologize to everyone in advance for any errors and the bad English: it's not my mother language, but I'll work as hard as possible to write in a decent way.

Thanks so much to all those who will read what I wrote and what I'll write in the future and I hope you will follow me in the next updates!

Have a good day and see you soon! 
BYE BYE 💜