Chapter 4

I'd Risk It All

 

Laying down beside him, with his body embraced mine so tightly, I felt like we were reunited after a long separation. When it was not actually that long. Maybe I was worrying him too much today or perhaps I was just missing him.

"Thank you for being with me today," he whispered the words.

I was snuggling in his chest so I could only managed to nod. But I found myself bringing my hand up to his back and caressing it.

He inhales a deep breath, burying his face further into strands of my hair.

"I know you too well, Jungkook,"  I whispered to myself before I pulled myself away from his embrace, looking at him in the eyes.

"Do you have something you want to tell me, baby?" I asked him.

A giggle escaped his mouth.

"What, Jungkook?"

"You called me baby." he smiled.

"Well, you are a baby," I replied with a sneaky smile.

Expecting a playful Jungkook to pay me back for saying such cheesy things, I frowned once he put on a sad smile. I wanted to ask him again what was wrong but he was not the type that could be forced. I would need to take my time waiting for him to respond. So I sat up, took his hands and cupping my own face with them. Feeling the warmth slowly reached my cheeks.

After a few minutes, he sat up facing me and letting out a sigh.

"I didn't know I could collapsed like that, so I'm really sorry for today. You came a very long way here to see me, to have fun, but instead I worry you a lot,"

“Jungkook, it’s okay. I did worry you a lot but I had fun. You were doing great. Others too. So it’s okay,” I told him, squeezing his hands to let him know that I mean what I said.

But Jungkook was just Jungkook who sometimes worry too much. So before he could say anything, I asked him.

“Are you doing better now? Did the medical team tell you anything about your health?”

“I’m alright, just tired. And I was just exhausted so nothing to worry about,” he smiled. This time it wasn’t a sad smile.

“I’m glad to hear that, Jungkook. It’s still a long way to go so please take care of yourself. Don’t overwork yourself, okay?”

“Okay,”

I was about to lay back down again on the bed when he suddenly pulled me into a kiss. I was startled but the kiss was beautiful. I could feel his soft lips grazing mine in the slowest way possible,making my mind fuzzy with the sweet sensation. Both Jungkook and me were not a clingy or touchy person so in our relationship, we didn’t get to kiss or cuddle like this a lot. Maybe it was also because we rarely being together in private, it was either both of us date outside or in his dorm with the other guys.

Jungkook was slowly dominating the kiss and I felt I was getting breathless. I could hear him breathing short too but none of us wanted to release each other’s lips. We both needed this kind of closure and with the ticking clock, I felt myself fell in such pure ecstasy in his kisses. The kisses were getting sloppier and I couldn’t help but to kiss him back with more pressure. He let me dominate the kiss and I swear I wanted nothing but to kiss him that way as long as the time allows me to.

Just when he held me tighter and brought myself closer to him, a realization struck me.

“Jungkook,” I called his name, breathless, after letting go of the kiss.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, also running out of breath.

“You need to rest,” I said with a sad smile, hoping he understood.

He smiled too, “Yeah, I guess so,”

But this time he looked happy.