Broken

Don't let go

“Why are you crying?”

“Wh-what?” I touch my face to feel the familiar cold wet feeling on my face.

“These are just happy tears. Don’t worry. I’m fine”

“Aww Tae don’t cry.” Jimin said as he gently rubbed my cheeks wiping my tears away.

I really want to smile. Why can’t I do such an easy thing?

I returned home and poured out more pills.

———————————

Yoongi POV:

I guess I really don’t have a chance with him huh? He was my very first love. I guess the saying is true, “First love never works out.”. Doesn’t Tae like Jungkook? I wonder he’s going. He must be suffering so much. i wish I could help him.

—————————————

Next day, Tae POV:


I woke up feeling a sharp stinging pain in my head. It was way worse than before. My hands digging into my hair wincing in pain. Once the pain subsided a looked at my own hands. They were pale and shaky. I look in the mirror only to be greeted by a bony, scrawny, pale figure. I look like a mess. I decide to skip school today, there’s no way I’m going out like this.

*Time skip*

It’s now lunch time. I grabbed out my sandwich from the fridge and stared out the window. It’s noon now. I wonder if Jimin has confessed yet. He probably has, they’re probably going out together by now. Tears yet again stream endlessly down my face. My vision starts blurring and the pain in my head returns again. I wasn’t sure how many I poured out since my vision was hazy but I took more pills. Than suddenly. The pain increased it was unbearable. I stood up to get a glass of water until I felt my face slam hard on the ground.

“Taehyung?!” was the last thing I heard before everything went black.

————————————————

Jimin’s POV, Time skip back to noon.

I haven’t seen Tae at all today. Maybe he’s sick. Anyway I have to focus on confessing to Jungkookie. Tae is cheering me on.

“Hey Jungkook, can we meet up at the rooftop at lunch?”

“Sure but why?”

“Oh….. no reason. Just felt like enjoying the breeze today.”

“Ok”

——————————————————

We both sat onto the rooftop. Admiring the view of nature and buildings in the far distant. It was silent. Only the sound of the soft breeze rustling the trees were heard. We were both eating lunch peacefully together in silence until Jungkook broke the silence.

“Do you know where Tae is today?”

“Huh? Ah I don’t know…”

“Jungkook, I have something important to tell you,,,”

“What is it hyung? You can tell me anything.”

“Yah, why are you being so weird and calling ‘hyung’ huh?”

“Than why are you being so weird and serious.” We both cracked up laughing. I unconsciously hit his arm.

“I’m serious.”

“Hi serious.”

“Ugh Jungkook!”

“Ok ok, what is it that you need to tell me?”

“Promise me something first.”

“What?”

“That’ no matter what I tell you, you’ll still be my friend. Promise me you won’t hate me. Please don’t feel grossed out.”

“You speaking nonsense now. I would never hate you. We’ll always be best frie-”

“I like you……..” I said as I instantly looked down. It was silent.

“what?” It sounded cold, shocked.

“I like you Jungkook. Not just as a friend. I like you romantically.”

“I’m sorry Jimin hyung.”

‘Sorry’ That one word I didn’t want to hear the most came out of his mouth. My vision became blurry, droplets of water landed on the ground. Then it started raining. It rained hard. Funny how it was sunny and bright just seconds ago, now its dark and gloomy. I looked up to see a pitiful Jungkook. His eyebrows furrowed, his eyes were full of sympathy. I gently smiled at him, he reflected the action back. His smile wasn’t happy. It was sad.

“Don’t look at me like that.” I managed to mutter out.

“Hyung, I really am so-“

“It’s ok. It’s not your fault. I’ll move on.”

“I-“ before he could finish his phone began to ring. He rustled his pocket to grab the phone out.

“Hello? What?! I’ll come now!” he ended his call instantly with a panicked face.

“What happened?” I asked.

“Tae’s in hospital.”

——————————————

Yoongi’s POV:

I snuck out of school during lunch. I’m really worried about Taehyung, he wouldn’t answer my calls or texts. I have a really bad feeling about this. Jin also was feeling uneasy and told me to check on him. I walked into his house. His house was like any ordinary house, it was a normalised brick house. The garden however was dying except for a large cherry blossom tree.

I went up to the door. *knock knock* no one answered. I knocked again but the door opened on it’s own this time.

“Sorry for intruding.” I said as I entered the house. I scanned around what seems to be the living room. I looked to my left to see a foot behind a chair. I walked closer to meet a pale unconscious Taehyung.

“Tae?!” I yelled as I ran up to him. He was pale, his skin was white as snow. His lips were purple. Next to him was a spilled jar of stress pills. Tears were now flowing down my face. My hands began to shake. I hurriedly rustled my phone out to call the ambulance.

“Hello what is your emergency?”

“M-My name is M-MIn Yoongi. I came to visit my friend but I see him unconscious with pills around him.”

“Ok sure please calm down. We’ll call an ambulance over. What is the address?”

“67****street”

“Ok we’re coming immediately.” The call ended. Few minutes later the ambulance arrived. I hoped in the vehicle with Tae and dialled Jungkook’s number.

—————————————-

Present, Jungkook POV:

All there of us were standing out of the operation room. Waiting for the doctors to come out and tell us the good news. I can’t help but feel guilty. I wonder why. Yoongi hyung’s face is stained with dry tears. Jimin is on the verge of crying. His small hands were clutching onto the ends of his shirt. I sat down on one of the waiting chairs. My hands were pulling at my hair but I can’t feel the pain. The only sound heard was my loud fast heart beating.

Then the doctor came out from the operation room.

“Sir, what’s wrong with him?” Jimin asked as he panically shared the doctor’s arm.

“The patient was overdosed with stress pills, Fortunately he made it here on time. He will be awake in about an hour or so. You may go see him now.” The doctor said.

“Overdoes of pills?” I asked as I turned to Yoongi.

“I remember when I went to check on him, there was a spilled jar of pills on the floor next to him.”

“Let’s just go see him. Please…?” JImin whined desperately.

We all walked into the large white hospital room. There right in front of us laid a plan lifeless Tae. His lips were chapped and purple, his skin was as white as snow and he had huge dark eye bags under his eyes. He looked dead. The only thing proving him being alive is the sound of his heart beat on the heart rate monitor.

“Tae!!!” Jimin yelled as he instantly kneeled down next to Tae’s bed. Tears were streaming ten times as fast than before. His face was half swollen from all the tears. Yoongi just stared in sympathy.

“Guys its getting late. We should really start going home before we get in trouble by our parents.” Yoongi suggested.

“B-But I want to stay with Tae…..”

“Jimin we have to go. Visiting hours are going to end soon and Tae wouldn’t want you to be here, he would want you to go home and get some rest. It’s been a long day.”

“Ok….” Jimin mumbled before glancing at Taehyung one last time.

————————————————————

Few days later:

Few days later Tae was released from hospital. When his friends asked him why he took so much medicine he just said he was tired from all the stress and smiled. But Jungkook could sense that something was wrong. He knew that smile wasn’t his real smile, it was fake.

Soon Tae’s able to go to school again.

“Morning Tae.” Jungkook greeted him.

“Yeah morning.” Tae spotted Jimin and instantly ran up to him.

“So….how did the confession go?” 
Jimin began to tear up. It reminded him of the moment which broke his heart.

“Oh. Jiminie did something go wrong?”

“H-He re-rejected m-me” Jimin stuttered between his tears and sniffs. Tae immediately engulfed Jimin into a hug. Patting his head gently.

“Oh Jiminie…. It’s ok. You’ll find someone better. I’m sure.” Tae whispered. Jimin only replied with sniffs and tears.

However they didn’t know Yoongi overheard their conversation.

“I’m sorry Jimin. I promise I won’t take advantage of this…..”

 

 

I’m sorry I haven’t been updating lately! I’m suffering from a writer’s block right now. I have another story in mind to write. I might start on that before I loose motivation for that. Don’t worry I’ll still try to continue this story.