New Meeting

Don't let go

“Hey Tae, let’s go to the new cafe down the street after school! I heard they have really good cake there.” A bright boy asked Taehyung with a toothy smile.

“No Jimin I need to study for our science exam, it’s on Thursday! Shouldn’t you be studying as well?” Taehyung replied sending Jimin judgemental looks.

“Ah, Tae you’re no fun. All you ever cared about is studying. You don’t give a damn about me anymore.” Jimin pouted. His cheeks puffed up and his lips pointed out.

“Jimin, don’t be mad. I’m just stressed out about my grades. You know how much my parents care about my grades.” J

imin was well aware of the fact how cruel Tae’s parents were. During their childhood, whenever Tae arrived at the park they always played in, he would have bruises and scratches all over his arm and face. Even now Tae gets yelled at and even gets kicked out of the house. One time, Tae came to his place in the middle of the night, begging Jimin to let him stay over. Tae’s parents got so angry that time they kicked him out. Due to Tae’s parents, Tae wasn’t a very social person. He always sat alone, he doesn’t have any social media. Nor does he even pay attention to the rumours going around school. The only thing Tae does besides studying is playing Overwatch. Tae really loved gaming, but he didn’t get to go on that much.

“Hah, fine.” Jimin sighed in disappointment. He really wanted to go to the new cafe with his best friend. But his friend declined again due to studying. Though Jimin understood Tae’s reason, deep down he still felt sad.

“Fine. I’ll go. But you have to study at the library with me tomorrow.” Tae sighed in agreement.

“Really?! Ok deal!” the boy replied in delight. His face lightened up ten times more.

—————————————————————

“Mmmmmm, this cake is so good!!” Jimin said as his face melts with pleasure.

“Yeah, it’s better than I expected.” Tae replied in surprise. His mouth full of cake.

“Tae, you should really hang out more enjoy your teenage life. You’ll regret it later.”

“I would like to, but I don't think I can. Even if my parents didn’t care about my studies, and I could socialise more, I don’t think I’ll be good at it.” the hazel haired boy replied.

“What do you mean you won’t be good at it? You’re actually a very nice person to talk to. You make stupid jokes and weird faces sometimes it’s a bit weird but you’re still a great friend. You would be great at socialising.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, You should try to make more friends.” the orange haired boy said.

“Nah, I just need you Jimin.”

“Haha, You can be so cheesy.” They both enjoy their afternoon with cake and tea.

————————————————————————

“Hey Jimin, I’ll just return these books.”

“Ok.”

It was lunch break, Taehyung was going to return the books he borrowed from the library. He was suddenly stopped when he bumped into a tall figure.

“S-sorry.” Tae replied as he picked up his books which scattered all over the floor.

“No, it’s ok.” A soft voice echoed throughout the hallway.

Tae looked up to see a boy. He had soft brown hair, his eyes were large like a bunny’s, he had a few ear piercings. His skin was fair and white, he was wearing his uniform correctly and neatly, no creases were found. The beautiful figure bended down to help back up all the scattered books.

“Th-Thanks.” Tae nervously replied.

“No problem.”

When they got up, Tae noticed his book scraped the other’s arm. It was bright red , thankfully no blood was dripping.

“Ah, I’m sorry. I injured your arm.”

“Oh, this? It’s no big deal. Just a scratch.”

“Let me give you a bandaid.” Tae rustled in his pockets. But nothing was there.

“Oh, I think I left them in the classroom…”

“It’s fine really.”

“No I insist. I feel bad.”

“Ok.”

“Just, let me return this and I’ll give you a bandaid.”

“Ok.”

The two boys returned the stack of books and arrived back at the classroom. As soon as Tae opened the door, everybody’s eyes were on them. The faces turned pale as if they had seen a ghost.

“Hey, Tae you’re back ……” Jimin spat out the apple juice he had in his mouth.

“Eww, Jimin you got it on my lunch!” Tae yelled out. Wiping his wet blue lunch box.

“Wh-Why is he here?” Jimin asked in shock.

“Oh, I hurt his arm and I came to get a bandaid.” Tae said as he rustled through his bag.

“Tae, Do you even know who this is?”

“Hmmm? No. I just ran into him in the hallway.”

Everything was silent. The rustling of the trees stopped, everyone stopped moving. They all stared at Tae lifelessly.

“What?” Tae asked in response.

“YOU SERIOUSLY DON’T KNOW WHO HE IS?!”

“Hey, don’t shout at me. Why would I know who he is when I haven’t even asked for his name.”

“Tae, I know you aren’t social and don’t keep up with the school rumours, but I didn’t think you would be this bad!” Jimin yelled.

“You seriously don’t know who I am?” The beautiful boy asked in shock.

“No….Why would I know who you are?” Tae asked, his head tilting side ways.

“He’s Jeon Jungkook! The most famous and hottest guy in the whole school!” Everybody in the classroom yelled except for Jungkook.

“Oh, really? Never heard of him. Well I did think he was pretty but I didn’t know everybody knew him.” Tae said scratching his head.

“Tae, I’m really disappointed in you.” Jimin sighed shaking his head.

“Aaa, Whatever. Here’s your bandaid…Jungkook was it?”

“Ah yes. Thanks. Ummm have you even heard of me?” Jungkook asked still in shock.

“Nope. Never heard of you.”

“Oh, ok. Thank you for the bandaid.”

“No need to be so formal.”

“Ah no, you’re older than me, so I think I should show more respect…”

“Oh, really?”

“Umm, what’s your name?”

“I’m Kim Taehyung. Just call me Tae.”

“Ok, Tae.” “See you around Kookie!” Tae waved with a big boxy smile.

Jungkook could feel his heart clench. Taehyung was the first person Jungkook thought that was quite nice looking. He had beautiful sharp eyes his lower eyelashes were long, his nose was perfect, his hazel brown hair was soft long and fuzzy. But what killed Jungkook the most was his boxy smile. His eyes squinted and smiled. He looked so perfect. But what bothered him the most was Taehyung didn’t know who he was. He was actually really surprised. He knew people talked about him a lot. Everywhere he goes, he could hear people whispering behind him. It was actually quite uncomfortable hearing people whisper “It’s really him!” and “Is he even real? How can someone be born with such looks?”. Knowing someone made him feel happy. It was strange but it was a nice strange. “Kookie.” the name Tae gave Jungkook echoed through his head.

 

———————————————————————————————————

First of all I would like to thank you for reading this fanfic. I hope you enjoyed it and will continue reading. I will try to upload at least once a week. Please leave a comment on your thoughts so far on this, It really gives me motivation. Thank you again.