Chapter One

13 Letters (Only One You)

You woke up groggy the next day. Two months unconscious meant you have obviously spent a lot of time on a hospital bed, but now that you're awake, it's like you want to get out of it as soon as possible.

Several things stopped that from happening, like the fact that your wrist and ankle were broken and several other parts of your body was either sprained or bruised. So you have to stay in bed, waiting for your little sister to wake up.

Seongyeon was supposed to help you get dressed and cleaned up. You were staying at the hospital for a couple more days before they can let you go, and your broken body parts were still being observed. Also, you have amnesia, which meant that you couldn't remember your recent memories. Your doctor wanted to try some neurotherapy to help you recover them, but you personally don't want to try. You feel like it will only pressure you to get well faster.

You look at the other side of your bed, where a box full of envelopes was waiting for you. They were supposed to be full of letters that Seungcheol--your supposed boyfriend--and his friends had written to you. One letter everyday, until you've read all thirteen of them. It wouldn't hurt to read one now...

You dig around and get the envelope neatly labeled 13. You open it gingerly and start reading...

°   °   °   °   °

 

°   °   °   °

 

°   °   °

 

°   °

 

°

 

⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Noona!

It's me, Channie 😂 are you okay? Kekeke what a stupid question~~ you're probably in pain, but I hope it gets better~

Jeonghan hyung says I'm being stupid and I better start writing properly. I do hope you're getting better noona. We were all so scared when Cheol hyung woke up and you didn't. Did you know the first person he looked for once he woke up was you? He was pretty heartbroken when he found out you were still asleep. Then he got all bossy and made us write these letters. I don't mind so much though. If reading our messages will make you feel better I would've made more~~

Noonaaaaa~~~~ please get better soonnn~~~ the hyungs keep joking that you hit your head so hard you forgot your memory and slept so long but I hope that's not true 😢 I couldn't stand it if you forgot about us!!

When you get better please come visit us immediately! Then we can listen to Michael Jackson all day 😂 You were the only one willing to listen along with me and watch me dance~ You really are a kind person 💜

Get well soon noona~ Michael Chanson and his hyungs are waiting for youuu

Sincerely, Lee Chan

⭐ ⭐ ⭐

 

°

 

°   °

 

°   °   °

 

°   °   °   °

 

°   °   °   °   °


You held the letter close to your chest and sighed. Even if you didn't know who this Chan was, his concern for you made you feel a little bit better. You reread the letter a couple more times, trying to glean information from it. You didn't remember a Jeonghan, but that bit about Seungcheol being heartbroken then telling his friends to write letters made you flush a little. You couldn't imagine anyone else making such an effort for you, except maybe for Seongyeon and your parents.

Speaking of Seongyeon...

Seongyeon started stirring from her place on the couch. You tucked the letter back into place as she woke up. It was time to start another day.

~~~


That night, you dreamed about Michael Jackson. Not about the guy himself, but the music. In this dream, you sat on a bench, "Billy Jean" playing loudly from somewhere. A guy danced in front of you, his style and mannerism copying the singer perfectly. You were cheering him on, until you looked down and saw a hand intertwined with your right hand.


"You cheering Channie on always makes me jealous," a voice said.


You looked up and suddenly someone was sitting on your right. You couldn't see his face, but his voice and his presence made your heart beat faster.


You leaned in closer... trying to get a better look, but your then dreams faded to nothing, and you continued sleeping without any more dreams.

~~~

Have people been reading this? Hehe~~

Thanks to all that have been reading this so far, updates will sadly be not as quick as i want them to be, because wifi is difficult where im staying at right now... But i will make sure the updates are consistent!

Subscribes, upvotes, and comments are more than appreciated!

 

<3,

yeolhyunnie