Chapter 5

This Isn't It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What should we do?” Hakyeon asked, his arm around my waist.

 

“Well..getting her memories back will be a stressful and painful experience. Some patients pass out every time they remember anything. I suggest someone being with her at all times just in case she loses consciousness again. And you said you have to leave to do some business, correct?” Jin asked, his legs were crossed and his hands folded neatly on top of them.

 

“I won’t be back for 2 weeks. I’ll just take her with me.”

 

“I would prefer if you left her here, where I would be able to keep an eye on her progress.”

 

“Well then what do you suggest?” I could see Hakyeon getting more and angrier.

 

I stayed silent, my mind was still reeling from what I remembered. It terrified me to even meet Hakyeon’s eyes. Ever since I woke up, I did my damndest to not have to look into them. I know that before whatever happened, I was in love with him. Those feelings hadn’t returned. If anything they were replaced by sheer terror.

 

“Is there anyone you trust enough to leave her with?”

 

“I trust all our boys. They’re all good kids.”

 

“Alright, then..how about Wonho? She probably trusts him the most at this moment in time. Is that correct?” Jin asked, looking at me.

 

“Y..yes.” Honestly, I didn’t trust any of them. Now that I knew what kind of people they were. All I could picture was all the blood on their hands. They acted like Wonho and I being beaten to a pulp was a normal thing. They didn’t seem too surprised. And Wonho’s little brother is allowed to just stroll in here no problem? How did he not figure out what they were doing? More importantly, how was he safe?

 

“Okay, that settles it. Wonho will be her guardian, you’ll take care of your business and I’ll make sure she doesn’t have an aneurysm.” Jin said with a wide smile.

 

Even though it was meant to be a joke, neither I or Hakyeon laughed. Jin cleared his throat awkwardly. Nodding to himself, he turned to his computer before opening a Word document and started quickly typing away. My mind drifted once again to what I remembered. Jaebum.I guess he was my friend? And he betrayed me? If what Daehyun said what true, then that means Jaebum had to betray me to protect his family. How could I be mad over that? Especially when I was a criminal.

 

“Okay, uh…you haven’t told us her name,” Jin said, looking up from the document and looking at me and Hakyeon. I looked over at Hakyeon as well and saw he had a glint to his eyes that looked like he was deep in thought. As much as I was uncomfortable with his arm around me, I had to keep up the act that I was willing to be close to him. Who knows if I didn’t, he may kill me. Tapping his knee, I brought him back into the room where Jin laughed at his expression and repeated the question.

 

“Oh! It’s Haeun.” Hakyeon said, rubbing my side.

 

I fought to jump against his touch, taking in my name. I thought that my name would sound familiar to me if I had ever heard it, but..it didn’t. It sounded like any other name. Furrowing my eyebrows I let it sink in but felt nothing. It was just as strange to me as any of the men I’ve met today.

 

Suddenly, the door opened and the same man who slapped Wonho earlier walked in as Jin continued to type on his computer. He had a terrifying aura around him. Almost like the air itself dropped to freezing temperatures as it touched him. My heart beat immediately began to race as he walked over. His eyes didn’t leave the ground until he was next to Hakyeon where they slowly looked up and flicked over my face then to Hakyeon’s.

 

“Leo, what is it?”

 

“Everything is packed. We’re ready when you are. Just let me know if there’s anything you need last minute.”

 

“No, I’m fine. Ah, send in Wonho.” Hakyeon said, not looking up at the man. His voice took on a deep tone to it. It was quite intimidating. So this is the boss everyone knows. Why is he so diffe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter