Chapter 4

This Isn't It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“W-what?” I whispered, not understanding what he said fully.

 

“I know, I know. This has to be confusing and I’m so sorry I let this happen. I shouldn’t have let you go out on your own, but you insisted and I had my hands full with other things.” Hakyeon rambled on, pulling me down on the couch next to him.

 

“What do you mean..?” I trailed off, staring at the two men. Key sighed, setting down his wine.

 

“The brief summary is that there are two different gangs running this city. Hakyeon hyung is the second in command. He’s the only one that knows who the boss is. Most of the people under us don’t even know that there’s someone in command above Hakyeon hyung.”

 

“Key is fourth in command. He basically runs all the lower level men. I help the boss give their orders to Key and make sure everything goes to plan. Then there’s Leo. You don’t want to cross him. You met Woozi. Leo is ten times worse.” Hakyeon said, holding my hand. My head started to get fuzzy as I stared down at my lap.

 

“You were..well you were basically the toughest person in this entire place. You got information on where the other gang’s boss was and were determined to kill him yourself for what he did to your family. You uh...well we’re not sure what happened. We lost contact with you and..assumed the worst.”

 

“M..my family?” I gripped the couch, unable to understand what was happening. Was I in a gang? What kind person was I? Did I really want to kill someone? I had a family? Well, of course, I had a family, I knew enough that even if I didn’t know who I was that someone had to have had a family at some point to even be here.

 

“We can get to it another time. This is all too much to put on you at once.” Hakyeon said. He pulled me to my feet when his phone went off. “Oh that’s the boss. Um..get some rest. Key will keep you company and I’ll be back later.” He said, kissing my forehead and walking to the elevator. Waving at me, he pressed a button and the doors closed.

 

Key walked to the kitchen, mumbling something about how he was hungry. My mind was reeling. I couldn’t believe that I was in a gang. I looked around and saw there were pictures hanging on the walls and a couple on a shelf by a window. Slowly, I walked over and took my time studying every inch of the pictures, trying to get some kind of hint at the person I was.

 

Most of the pictures were of Hakyeon and I looki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter