March 24th 2018

March 24th
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

 

 

March 23rd 2018

 

11:54pm 

 

I made my decision to stay home tonight. I did not need a reminder of how lonely I truly am on my birthday. My 34th birthday. Year after year I’ve become more afraid, as I grew older, my circle of friends grew smaller. People whom had my heart and trust for years were no longer around. They didn’t care enough for me or what was happening to me, I know, deep down I knew. 

 

Trying to put those negative thoughts aside, I stretched my arm over to pick my phone up from the bedside table and swiped the screen. I logged onto my social medias and scrolled through all the touching posts and wishes my fans has sent to me. I took my time to give each post, each tweet, each word my attention and told myself how loved I am by thousands all over the world. 

 

A little voice in my head whispered, “But I wasn’t loved by those that matter most.”

 

Trying to shake off that ugly reminder, I continued to drown myself with well wishes and love from my fans. As I was about to double tap a post to show my response, I heard the familiar jingle of my doorbell. 

 

Grunting, I swung my legs over the mattress and shuffled my feet into my fluffy bedroom slippers. I lazily made my way to the front door, wondering who could it be at this time of the night. Please, please don’t let it be a birthday surprise! I prayed in my heart as I stood in front of my door and glanced at the video intercom to see who might it be. I took a double take and just stared at the person’s face looking back at me on the intercom. 

 

Wide eyed and jaws dropped, I whispered “Why?” Not that anyone could hear me. 

 

My eyes cut to the corner of the intercom screen and it read:

 

March 24th 2018

 

12:00am 

 

Breathe Bom, breathe. 

 

In, out and repeat. Simple.

 

NOT

 

Nothing is simple when it comes to him! I never would have imagined seeing him at my door tonight. Especially tonight. But a little part of my heart turned to goo when I realized why he was here. It’s my birthday. He has never missed a birthday wish at midnight on March 24th for as long as I could remember. He had always made sure he was the first person I’ll receive a birthday wish from. He was selfish like that. No, no, let’s not get into that right now. 

 

I took a deep breath, buried those bad thoughts away and only kept the good ones near. Like the reason he was here. I pushed a button on the intercom and heard the gears unlock the door. Before I could pull the door open for him, he had pushed it and my heart skipped a beat when I saw him. My e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter