Baby steps

The burning dragon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The class for taekwondo started at dawn, the students gathered around. Baekhyun stood on the stage “Let’s begin the class. At first we are going to start with the basic stance” he suggested. The students were attentive. “To perform any arts we need to have stamina. So we will practice that first” he suggested.

After some warmup sessions, they proceeded to the basic traning.

“Stand on the mats placed before you and position your wrists, bring your feet together. This is called gathered stance. Maintain your positions. Like this” he demonstrated. The students did as he told. Baekhyun went to each of them helping them straighten their posture.

“Next stance is called parallel stance. Spread your legs apart” he demonstrated.

The basic stances were shown and bomi was relieved thinking it was a piece of cake not knowing that this was just the beginning.

Chanyeol and bomi were besides each other.

Two guys before her were talking to each others, in a low voice.

“Is it true? I heard our taekwondo master is the rumoured ‘the burning dragon’” a guy asked puzzled.

Bomi was attentive, as the topic of the mysterious ‘the burning dragon’ appeared again and again it is associated with baekhyun.

“Don’t know about that but he no way looks like that rumoured guy. I mean he looks so weak” other commented doubting his skills, laughing at him.

The guy before agreed “Why we have to learn taekwondo from our classmate? I thought this school is cool but it really ridiculous” he stated, questioning why a student like them is teaching taekwondo.

Balling her fists bomi wanted to teach a lesson but was intervened when chanyeol whispered “That roasted chicken is watching you”.

Attentively bomi continued. The guys who were in the front ridiculing baekhyun before also stopped instantly as he gazed.

“Next, horse riding stance” baekhyun raised his voice to gather the attention of his students who were busy murmering.

The class became silent. “Bend your knees a little in the front” he explained.

Chanyeol was following quite well but bomi kept falling when they arrived at the difficult crane stance where they had to lift a leg and maintain balance.

She tried her best but her posture was unstable. Baekhyun who observed her came to check on her.

Noticing him near was dry. She tried to do as he showed before but she was unable to balance her body.

Baekhyun hit her back “Straighten it” he ordered. She jumped in surprise feeling as if hit by a thunder bolt. The vibration in the body was still there. Wow, that was so cool.

“Answer me yoon!!!” he yelled.

Falling out of her thoughts “Yes, master” she shouted back. “Chest front, hands straight, heads up, back” he yelled telling her to follow his instruction. “Yes, master” she followed.

He touched her chest “Push it front!!” he shouted. A blush crept on her cheeks.

Biting her lips as she felt uncomfortable, “Yes” she answered slowly. Damn it, don’t touch my s!! I am a girl!!  She wanted to slap him but she couldn’t.  I am a guy in his eyes…..grampy!!!! What situation did you throw me into?

She whined internally. Shaking his head in disatisfaction as she was not following him well, he sighed.

He spanked her with his hand “Push it back!!!” he yelled. Ouch!! This is the first time being hit on the .  Instead of getting angry she controlled her laugh.

“Is it entertaining??” he shouted and she shrieked “N..No” she stuttered and immediately apologized.

Chanyeol was worried for bomi as she was trying her best but she couldn’t grasp it. Baekhyun observed him concentrating on bomi rather than himself “Park, look at the front!! Is there a circus going on here?” he yelled at him.

“Y..yes master” chanyeol said flustered. Instantly turning to the front he continued with his posture. “What are you doing?? Yoon!!!!” baekhyun screamed in anger.

Trembling bomi answered slowly “Y…yes master”. “Your voice is low yoon…..louder” he ordered. “Y..yes master” she screamed. No matter how much she tried she couldn’t do it properly.

Sighing in defeat he left to check on other students. Depressed bomi glanced at chanyeol who was looking at her worriedly “Fighting!!” he encouraged her, showing his fists. She nodded happily and tried again. His motivation helped her.

Baekhyun was walking near jongdae now “Jongdae, lift your head up. Don’t underestimate yourself” he commented. His eyes twinkled “Yes, master!!” he smirked.

Bomi glanced at jongdae who was just complemented and felt weird. They both have a strange relationship.

Noticing her watching him he winked. Frowning she turned her head.  That player!!

“Students, change to push ups…..20 each, go” he said and immediately started the counting.

Flustered bomi also jumped on the floor and started doing pushups. Noticing her doing the pushups baekhyun’s anger increased “Higher yoon!! Don’t sleep on the ground” he screamed from the other side of the hall. “Yes!!” she screamed.

“Yong, do not try to cheat. You are only done with 5” he shouted at the other guy. The guy was red on the comment and continued.

The time went on; the practice went on for a while. Next, they were supposed to kick the sand bags as expected bomi couldn’t do one kick perfectly.

Baekhyun was extremely frustrated by her poor performance. Everybody was following him and was doing a good job while she was not doing her best. Baekhyun felt as if she is not trying hard enough “Yoon!!! Put some effort!!” he declared.

With a jerk, bomi straightened her back “Yes master” she replied trying really hard.

Sighing he held her leg telling her to lift it higher. She was surprised. No, don’t freak out. She mentally slapped herself saying to concentrate on the learning.

The students were exhausted with his spartan training. Luckily the bell rang, saving them from the torture. They were dead tired and collapsed on the ground instantly.

Baekhyun left the hall and some students followed. Some were complaining secretly afraid their master might come back.

Jongdae immediately landed in front of her and threw his arms around “Yoon, you are so dead today man”.

Bomi threw a tired glance at him “Don’t tell me man. I thought i would die but it was worth it, right partner?” asked chanyeol, his opinion.

“Ah…you are that guy who was with partner” recognized chanyeol pointing at him about the freaking encounter.

Introductions were done thanks to bomi, before the atmosphere turned more awkward.

They stepped out of the class. Jongdae went his own way saying he has some business to take care of, heading towards the gates. Rolling her eyes at him she knew what business he has.

Chanyeol dragged bomi, placing his hand around his shoulders “Partner, i am telling you that roasted chicken would eat us alive” he commented.

Both burst out laughing. “I just imagined something” she reasoned and he agreed he did too, a roasted chicken running after them. They laughed together.

“Hey, do you really think that rumour is true though?” he queried about the rumour baekhyun being ‘the burning dragon’.

Shrugging her shoulders bomi walked forward “Don’t know man but……….”.

Pausing she recollected how he was beat up in the middle of the road by some shady people but he did nothing despite being the master at this art.

Questions ran through her mind but she was brought back to reality when chanyeol was shrieking.

They were already at the dorm and the line in front of bathrooms was so long it was unimaginable. Truthfully, it was expected but man the scene made her tremble. The guys were everywhere in shorts, most importantly half .

Oh my god, ugh….cleanse my eyes…..i need to cleanse my eyes. Stupid grampy….just because of you…..what trouble have i fallen into?

Shaking her head she glanced at chanyeol who now shamelessly removed his uniform “Come let’s bath together” he revealed his horrible idea.

Covering her body with her hands and her eyes which were ready to pop out of the sockets she shouted “What???”.

“What?? What?? Let’s go. We both are guys. What are you afraid of?” he bumped her shoulde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter