The lost warrior

The burning dragon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a cold winter night. The sceneric beauty of the city of seoul covered in white sheets of snow was enrapturing. The howling of the wind grew stronger and the night deepened. The echo of the raspy rumbling of the bells can be heard from a distance. Then there was a pin drop silence that even the droplets falling on the ground due to the melting of the snow could be heard.

Accompanying it was the dark sky with no moon. More eerie and dark was a particular street in the corner of the city.

The wind whipped up, the silence broke when suddenly a group of people ganged up, carrying baseball bats in their hands started shouting and screaming, chasing after a teenage boy who ran panting and tumbling to rescue himself from them. Unfortnately he was cornered, surrounded by those jagged men. Like a prey he shivered down his spine, anticipating the outcome.

“Hand over the chip” a buff man demanded. 

Trembling in fear the victim answered “I…I don’t have. Believe me” he screamed in fear.

He pleaded to spare him but the jagged man smirked “Then, prepare to die” he swang his bat.

The target was set but at the right time all the street lights flickered and then were out. The men were confused as to what was happening.

Suddenly among them, a man fell on the ground with a thud, groaning in pain. Surprised the men were attentive. Soon the number of  injured men started increasing.

“Who are you? Come forward” the buff man who pointed the bat at the victim earlier ordered but instead was greeted by a kick on his face.

Wiping the blood off his face he stood up angrily “If you are man attack me from the front” he demanded.

A single light flickered and . From that a shadow of a young man was seen. He came forward, his face covered with a piece of black mask. His blood shot eyes glared and his lip turned up into a lopsided grin. Swiftly he moved his finger signaling them to come forward.

The men raged and marched towards him with their bats. He took the attention stance and soon kicked them one by one. He needed no weapons nor did he need support, he alone was enough for them. His strong arms and legs were enough to deal with them. He took them all down within a few seconds.

A man attacked him from behind grabbing his shirt. With that his shirt was ripped to pieces, revealing his well built body, his six pack abs. He looked thin but fit and on his back was a tattoo of a dragon burning in fire. The men gasped looking at it realizing who he was “The burning dragon” they mumbled together. Their eyes broadened.

Nobody can win against him. He is most powerful guy in this city. His strength was compared to that of a dragon. They say his eyes are cold and his power is incomparable. Thus his name arrived, ‘the burning dragon’.

They bowed in front of him asking for forgiveness and then bolted on his cue. The same guy walked towards the injured victim and helped him stand.

“Thank you so much but who are you?” he asked curiously.

A police siren was heard and the headlights fell on his blood red cold eyes. He turned around and pointed to his tattoo on his back “They call me ‘the burning dragon’” he answered coldly and walked away cooly. Soon he disappeared into the dark.

The police rushed to the victim “Are you okay?” they asked but the young boy was dazed, still looking at the direction the unknown warrior disappeared.

 

 

2 years later:

 

One bright morning in the city of suwon, a girl sat in front of the mirror. Taking a brush in her hand she applied it on her rosy cheeks. Her pearl white skin glowed due to the make up. Gently removing the rollers from her hair she sprayed hairspray on her brown locks.

Grabbing eyeliner she applied it on her twinkling, bright eyes. Her thin lips were covered in a pink lipstick. Her lips spread widely looking herself in the mirror admiring her beauty “Cute” she called herself. A call from below the window made her halt her work.

“Yoon bomi” a girl called from below. Bomi rushed to the window and looked down. She looked gorgeous in flowy red dress “Yes” she tucked her hair behind her ear smiling like a lady. She was the most beautiful girl in the area. Her friend was irritated waiting for her as this was her everyday routine.

 “Yoon bomi, we are late. Come fast” she ordered.

Bomi chuckled innocently “Yes, coming lime” she told to her friend who was now a bit less angry as she called her lime her childhood nick name she gave. She says she is sweet, bit sour and a bitter like a lime. Anyway, her trick worked and her friend was happy once again.

Bomi rushed through the door but being the clumsy girl she was almost kicked an old man who was behind the door “Arghh” he screamed in pain.

“Oh no!!!” bomi squeaked and the old man was happy she was that concerned for him but not until he heard her “My nails. I just did them” she whined.

“Bomi!!!” the old man screamed in anger.

Sticking her tongue out she helped him stand “Sorry grandpa” she said and escaped before she was caught “Don’t wait for me i am going to be late. I am going out with my friends” she said running in the house looking for the matching shoes.

“Yoon bomi!!! Wait!!” he ordered “Always, doing make up and dressing up. What about studies? What about school?” he asked.

Pouting bomi answered “Grampy, i am young girl. I need to look good you know. Don’t i look beautiful grampy?” she asked her eyes twinkling waiting for an answer.

The old man gave up and smiled “You are beautiful my child” he patted her head.

She giggled “Just like mom right?” she asked and the color of his face drained “Yeah, just like her” he answered looking at the photograph placed on the wall, the picture of his late daughter.

Bomi teared up “No!!! My mascara” she recollected almost giving a heart attack to the old man.

Before he could hit her with his cane she ran away shouting “Bye grampy”.

The old man shook his head when a maid called him from behind “She sure is lively early in the morning”.

He laughed “She is always loud, that girl, but still i am afraid for her she is still an innocent girl. When will this immature girl grow up” he was concerned.

“Saying the one who babied her?” she giggled.

The old man walked to his swinging chair and took a seat “Well, she is the only one i have. If i am gone she will be all alone” he turned serious.

Meanwhile, bomi rushed outside and caught her ears “Sorry sorry” she apologized.

“Let’s go” lime pulled her arm and both rushed to catch a bus.

Both gasped looking at the bus leaving “Hey, wait!!” they ran after it.

From the bus a hand reached them. Bomi pushed lime forward and she took the hand for help.

As soon as lime got into the bus she could see the same hand helping her again. A big smile spread on her face and she grabbed the hand.

The guy pulled her inside and she was in his arms smiling widely “Thank you” she giggled.

“You both are late” he complained, his nose crinked.

“Tell that to bomi, eunkwang” lime sighed taking a seat.

Bomi scratched her head “Sorry” she said nervously, joining her hands.

“No, no….not the hair” eunkwang shouted touching bomi’s hair thinking how damaged they were.

Bringing his pouch he took out combs, tools and started combing her hair. Bomi and lime glanced at each other and giggled.

“He surely loves hair” bomi commented for that earned a smack on her head.

“That’s because i want to become a hairdresser. You two will see how i will be famous one day” he said dreaming.

He braided her hair into nice hairstyle. Bomi was impressed by skills and acknowledged his talent. Lime was next to become his prey. Well, she didn’t mind him as he was good at it.

Soon they reached the school and everybody was in colorful dresses. It was their new school’s opening day so today was exception. Today they are gonna start their high school. These three were togther since elementary and now are starting their high school journey together again.

As soon as their middle school classmates spotted them the three friends waved their hands. They rushed to them and spoke about r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter