Determination

The burning dragon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Troubled bomi walked away from the school after realising it was for boys only. She sat on a bench at the nearby park disheartened.

“What should i do? Grampy sent me here so far away to attend this school but it turned into an all boys high school” she muttered under her breath.

Her eyes brightened “Yes, i will call grandpy and ask him what i should. May be he will recommend me another high school” she nodded after a self discussion.

Immediately she rushed to the nearby store and called her grandfather.

Just within two rings he picked the call “Grandpy, it is me” she said hurriedly.

“Oh bomi, did you reach safely?” he asked excitedly.

“Yeah but there is problem” she sighed and explained everything.

Her grandfather denied it wasn’t any mistake he send her knowing it was an all boys school.

Her eyes popped out of her body learning the truth “What??” she shouted and then controlled watching the others “You old man have you gone nuts? That is an all boys school and i am a girl. How am i supposed to go to there?” she asked “Living is far away” she yelled through the phone.

The old man chuckled “But you accepted bomi. That is the top school for martial arts in seoul” he reasoned carefreely.

“Are you really my grandpa old man, are you sane? Or have you gone nuts?” she screamed breathing heavily.

He chuckled “Child, if you arent willing to go to that school then i am afraid you have to come back to suwon” he explained.

Bomi became silent. Calming herself down “Grampy, I am sorry for shouting at you but please do something. I can’t go back like this. I have to learn taekwondo at all costs” she gripped on to the phone recalling the words jonghyun said.

“There is only one option bomi. Either go to that school or come back. I have already made arrangements nobody will know you are a girl. The decision is in your hands take what is good for you. Oh, the clothes and other neccassary things are in your luggage. Bye” he ended the call urgently not even bothering to listen to her plea.

“Argh!!!” she screamed listening to the beeping sound.

“You see old man i am not returning until i excel in martial arts. If this school helps me positively then be it. I am going to this school” she decided and raised her fists in the air.

She checked her luggage and there were boys clothes as her grandpa informed “I don’t know if i should thank him or curse him” she muttered angrily.

On the way to the school, she looked at the reflection in the glass of a store and touched her face “Goodbye bomi” she mumbled and walked away sadly.

She entered a hair salon. A bubbly guy with long hair approached her as soon as she stepped in.

“Hi, beautiful. First time here?” he asked. She just ignored him.

 “I am kim heechul, the owner of this shop, also a professional hairdresser” he introduced.

Bringing his hands together to his mouth, “So what kind of hairstyle do you want?” he asked touching her hair.

“I want a cool boy’s hairstyle” she said frankly. He was stunned and then laughed it off thinking she was kidding.

“Funny, you have got a great humour…. no seriously what do you want? This long one like suzy, or this short hair like yoona” he showed a few pictures as options.

Bomi was already irritated. Before she changes her mind she wanted to quickly do it “I want to look like a boy” she screamed.

The other customers of the salon looked at her weirdly.

Heechul laughed nervously “Come here darling” he took her away upstairs where they could be alone.

Helping her on the chair, he prepared to cut her hair “You know it is shame to cut this pretty hair” he reasoned while she felt depressed.

“By the way, why do you want to cut it so badly? Did you have a break up or something? You know once a girl came to me saying she wanted to change as she had a break up and you know what she said i wanna go bald. I asked her why, she says my ex liked long hair on me so” he intruded.

Bomi who was now calm giggled at his words “Really?” she asked.

Heechul smiled noticing her smiling “Yeah, i mean it is not that bad to breakup…. Hey, if you are interested i am available you know. I can date you if you want?” he winked.

Laughingly bomi shook her head “You will be thrown in jail to date a teenager” she answered.

“What??” he dramatically said although he knows she is a teenager. “Ahh…and here i was thinking i have gotten a nice girl” he sighed.

While talking bomi didn’t even notice he cut her hair and she was completely transformed into a boy.

“Here” he handed the mirror. Her jaw dropped looking at her reflection. She was looking no different than a boy. She touched her now short hair and was surprised how she can look like that. She thanked heechul a number of times.

“If you don’t mind, can i use the rest room?” she asked and he gladly gave her permission.

Taking the clothes from her luggage she went to change. She washed the makeup off and removed earrings. She tied a tape around her chest and wore men’s clothes. She transformed into a guy. After setting everything she stepped out only to notice a different guy there other than heechul.

The guy was around her age or probably older, wearing earrings on both sides. He smirked at her after glancing at her from head to toe “Close your fly man” he commented irritatedly and left.

The luggage dropped from her hand and she immediately brought the legs closer and closed the pant zip. She hit herself for not being careful while the guy gave one big smirk turning around and left.

“Wait a minute; he thought i was a man. Yes!! Yes!!” she raised her fists in the air jumping happily.

“It is not a happy thing though” she felt down all of a sudden. Noticing the cut hair, lying on the floor she felt sad “Eunkwang would probably cry watching me” she sighed and left downstairs.

Heechul who was attending other customers was surprised watching her “Wow, what a transformation” he clapped happily.

She smiled and thanked him for his help. She decided to pay him money but he refused.

Pinching her nose “I cannot accept. It was nice meeting you and think of me as your older brother. I would love to have younger sister but damn i have an annoying younger brother named jaebum who goes to the school nearby. It would be good if you met him but thank god you didn’t meet him” he went on.

“Umm…I should leave now i am getting late.Thanks heechul bro” she interrupted his talks. Bidding farewell she left the store.

The same guy with earrings was outside the store. Again he smirked noticing her and then towards the store before leaving.

Bomi looked at him weirdly and glanced at the store where ‘only for women’, was written in bold. Hitting her head she realized he might have thought of her wrongly or perhaps rightly.

“It didn’t even start and i am already tired. God knows what more is in store” she prayed for her safety and left.

Heechul who was in the store smacked his own head “Oh my god, i forgot to tell her that i just set a wig for her not cut her original hair” he commented.

Brushing it aside he said “Well, she will realize it soon anyway” he whistled and casually left to attend another customer.

 

 

 

 

The campus was huge and so was the school building. There was every facilty available in the premises with various sports equipments to cafeteria. The most attractive room was the main hall which was gigantic with tall walls and ceiling made of wood. The interior was fascinating with beautiful quotes. Medals and trophies were hung over the walls.

The boys were wearing their uniforms which were suits. Along with martial arts this school offers other academic studies. The major attraction was of course the dorm facility. Only the students interested in martial arts come over here and it is regarded as top school, especially for taekwondo.

Bomi was aimlessly walking in the corridor and the boys kept looking at her wondering who this new guy was. Bomi’s confidence grew as nobody was doubtful of her and was taking her as a boy which was a good sign for her as she can stay here.

A voice called her from behind “Excuse me?”. She turned around hurriedly and almost tripped but controlling herself she stood steadily.

A guy was standing in front of her “What are you doing here? The new students are to be gathered in the assembly hall” he said pushing his spectacles up.

Another guy threw his arms around his shoulders “Im siwan, don’t scare the poor guy” he continued looking at bomi “Don’t mind this guy. I am Park hyung sik, a second year. So you are a fresher huh?” he asked.

No matter where she was turning her eyes, there were hot guys there. She nodded dreamily while hyungsik laughed “Let’s go buddy we will guide you the way” he said propping his arm on her shoulders.

Dreamily she kept glancing at his hand and walked with them.

“Here we are. Goodluck” he waved and left.

That guy was soft. Hyungsik shook his head thinking he was going crazy.

Bomi waved her hand back happily “Looks like it is not that bad lime. People are good here” she giggled, turned around but bumped into a tall guy. She lifted her head only to see another handsome guy standing before her blinking his big eyes “Sorry” he apologized with a bright smile and entered the hall.

Bomi squealed internally as she was finally about to go in and entered the hall happily.

Number of boys gathered for the ceremony and a man probably the incharge spoke a few words about the school “To learn martial arts you need determination rather than strength. Remember nobody is weak and anybody can learn this art” he said.

Bomi smiled brightly listening to his words as it encouraged her.

She heard few guys talking “He is Ra Euntak. He is the incharge of the school activities. I heard he is a nice man”. Bomi smiled looking at the middle aged man.

They were all guided to a man named leeteuk who was a teacher there and also incharge of new students. As soon as bomi’s chance came he threw a suspicious look at her “Name?” he asked.

“Yoon bo….” she carelessly answered but bit her tongue “Yoon bbom” she answered unwavering.

He raised his eyebrows and then looked down, searching her name through the list. Checking it he immediately handed over an id “So taekwondo huh? You need to eat more, young boy” he patted her hand pitying her as if saying she can’t do it.

He handed her a uniform and also the details of her class. Bomi frowned as she didn’t like the way he was looking down on her. She took the uniform, other neccassary things and left.

 

 

 

The taekwondo group was gathered together. Students changed into their uniforms they were just given and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter