The Girl From Durmstrang 3

Magic Runs in Our Veins [The Girl From Dumstrang 7]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: Honestly, this is where the story actually starts. The previous chapters were more like prologues?

Tiffany Hwang stood in midst of all the chaos that was the nine and three quarters platform with a bittersweet smile on her face. She took in the smell of metal from the train, the voices of mothers fussing over their children, the sounds of laughter as old friends greeted each other, the sight of nervous first years experiencing magic for the first time, and the buzzing of energy all around her. She breathed in deeply, holding the air in for a moment before breathing out just as deeply. 

 

“You ready?”

 

Tiffany turned to face her twin brother, Leo with a half smile. He returned it, having caught the nostalgic look in her eyes.

 

“Feels like a long time ago, huh?” he hummed, eyeing a group of particularly excited first years not too far from them with a gentle look.

 

“Yet at the same time it feels like yesterday,” Tiffany agreed while looking at the same group of first years and was instantly reminded of her first time stepping on to this very platform - an excited little thing with untameable hair and a big smile, eager to see the magical place that her parents had told her so many stories about while growing up as a kid.

 

“Oh you two are going to have so much fun.” Tiffany suddenly felt her dad pull her and Leo into a squeezing hug, her face buried in his chest. She inhaled the familiar smell of pine cone cologne.

 

“It’s going to be an exciting year this year,” her dad grinned as he pulled away but not before planting a kiss on both of them.

 

“Yeah, yeah. You say that every year,” Leo drawled as he extracted himself from their father’s grip. Behind them, the train’s horn sounded twice. It was time.

 

“We better get going if we don’t want to miss the train,” Leo stated as he stepped away from the hug and picked up his trolley. He tilted his head to tell Tiffany to do the same.

 

“Like you did in our third year?” Their father teased back and Tiffany couldn’t help the laugh that escaped her lips. She hugged her father one last time before grabbing her things and boarding. She turned and waved - her father waving back just like he did six years ago - as the door closed in front of her.

 

Tiffany couldn’t help the nostalgic pang in her chest as the train pulled away. This would be her last time boarding the train to Hogwarts.

 

She was in her seventh and final year at Hogwarts.

 

“Is it me, or did dad seem a lot more excited than usual?” Leo asked next to her, effectively pulling her out of her thoughts.

 

Tiffany shrugged, pulling her trolley as they moved through the train to find their friends. “He’s always very excited. Every year he’s like this.”

 

Leo pursed his lips. “Yeah, but I feel like he was hiding something. He’s was practically bouncing in his seat this morning. I was surprised he was able to eat any of his cereal, with how much he was shaking in excitement. His Wizard-O's kept falling off his spoon.”

 

Tiffany scoffed with laughter. “Please, he’s horrible at keeping secrets. It’s dad. He’s the worst at surprises.”

 

“I know,” Leo deadpanned. 

 

“He’s probably just excited because it’s our last year you know? We get to graduate this year,” Tiffany stated.

 

“Oh, please don’t remind me,” Leo exhaled, running a hand through his short thick brown hair. “I can’t believe we’re seventh years now. Time’s moved so fast.”

 

“I know.” Tiffany halted in her steps and looked down at the ground. She was still trying to grasp the idea. This was her last year. This was her last train ride to Hogwarts...ever.

 

Leo must have picked up her strange tone. “Well better make the best of it!” he cheered, bumping her in the shoulder as he passed by. “Now come on, I’m sure Hyoyeon’s in the middle of a spiel about how wild her summer was.”

 

Tiffany laughed and resumed walking. “Hyoyeon honestly needs help, that girl.” She was grateful for her brother and he was right. This was her last year, and she was definitely going to make the most out of it.

 

Little did she just how exciting this year was going to be.


 

 

 

 

Tiffany made her rounds down the train compartments, letting people know that they were nearing Hogwarts, telling them to change into their robes, as were the duties of being head girl.

 

Tiffany paused at the sight of a practically empty train compartment. All of the other compartments were full, filled with rambunctious teenagers trading eager stories about their summers or chatting about their plans for the upcoming year. This one only had a single girl in it.

 

The girl was fast asleep with her head against the window and a big book open across her lap. Tiffany recognized her immediately. It was Jessica Jung. The girl looked so peaceful, Tiffany felt sorry to have to wake her.

 

Tiffany knocked on the glass door quietly before poking her head in. Unfortunately, it didn’t look like the girl had heard her.

 

“Hey,” she tried calling out softly.

 

No response.

 

Cautious for some unknown reason, Tiffany tip toed her way into the compartment, bring her closer to the sleeping girl. She eyed the girl’s flawless face for a few seconds before catching herself. What was she doing ogling someone as they slept? That was beyond creepy!

 

Curious, her eyes went down to the book that was open in Jessica’s lap. She tried to read off a couple words but understood none of what anything meant. Whatever Jessica was reading, it was too advanced for Tiffany to understand.

 

Clearing , Tiffany called out to the girl again, only to get no response. Hesitantly - though she had no idea why she was hesitant. It’s not like this was her first time waking someone up - she reached out a hand and tapped the girl lightly on the shoulder.

Still no response.

 

Clenching her jaw, Tiffany gathered her nerves. Boy was this girl a heavy sleeper. She inhaled deeply and then grabbed the girl’s shoulder, shaking her gently.

 

“Jessica?” she called, hoping that the girl would wake up soon and not be too mad at her when she did.

 

The girl’s forehead scrunched up at being disturbed and Tiffany withdrew her hand immediately.

 

‘Cute.’

 

She watched in almost a daydream-like awe as the girl’s eyes fluttered open. Hazy brown eyes squinted at the sunlight before the fogginess cleared and they focused on the Tiffany.

 

Tiffany gulped.

 

‘Merlins this girl is pretty.’

 

Jessica blinked once, clearly still trying to process Tiffany’s presence.

 

‘And I am so gay,’ Tiffany thought to herself.

 

“U-um, you should probably change into your robes,” Tiffany stuttered. The weight of that stare was heavy and she could feel herself being unraveled under it. “We’re almost there,” she gulped, surprised she was even able to speak right now. Really, Jessica Jung was illegally breathtaking.

 

Jessica nodded once, saying no words, but Tiffany didn’t leave. She couldn’t leave.

 

It wasn’t until Jessica raised a single, elegant eyebrow clearly asking why the girl was still there that Tiffany realized she was just standing there, staring at her object of affection for the last year now.

 

‘Crush. You have a crush on her.’

 

Tiffany squeaked in mortification at being caught for gawking at the girl and hurriedly retreated out of the train compartment. She shot Jessica a smile and inwardly winced because she knew it was too wide and too awkward but it was also too late. She needed to leave now before she self-imploded or worse, embarrassed herself even more.

 

“Right, bye Jessica! See you around!” she hastily left, striding down the corridor, hoping she looked natural.


 

 

 

 

 

“Hogwarts looks the same as ever,” Leo commented as soon as they arrived in front of the castle.

 

Tiffany snorted. “Of course it does. Did you expect it to change?”

 

“Nope,” Leo shook his head with a slight smile. “It never really does, does it?”

 

They quickly made their way to the welcome feast. Tiffany went to sit at the Hufflepuff table with the rest of her housemates as Leo went to sit with the Gryffindors. She watched her brother shoot her a smile across the room as soon as they were seated.

 

Tiffany couldn’t help herself as she scanned the Ravenclaw table until she found the one and only, Jessica Jung.

 

‘Well someone’s looking like a snack. I don’t think anyone pulls off school robes as well as she does.’

 

“Well someone’s hungry.”



Tiffany turned to her left to see Sunny beaming at her. “What?” she asked.

 

“You were your lips,” Sunny laughed. “You looked like you’d found the best tasting pumpkin pastry in your life.”

 

Tiffany’s eyes widened slightly as she realized what she had been doing unconsciously. She willed her face not to turn red as she choked on her words.

 

“U-uh, right,” she stammered, glad she didn’t get caught ogling Jessica Jung but also equally horrified at where her subconscious went. “I’m just absolutely famished. Can’t wait for that famous Hogwarts mashed potatoes. Ha. Ha,” she laughed nervously.

 

Sunny eyed her weirdly. “Well let’s hope you can keep your appetite in check. We have to get the first years sorted first.”

 

“Right,” Tiffany quipped.

 

Tiffany didn’t hear a single word as they sorted the first years. Instead, she was too occupied with finding ways to stare at the gorgeous human being that was Jessica Jung without being caught by Sunny or Jessica herself.

 

It wasn’t until the end of the headmaster’s speech and all the food suddenly appeared on the table that Tiffany realized she’d missed the entire thing.

 

“What do you think Headmaster Lee was referring to?” Sunny asked, breaking her out of her thoughts.

 

“What?” Tiffany responded reflexively, hoping she didn’t seem too out of it.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter