The Girl From Durmstrang 4

Magic Runs in Our Veins [The Girl From Dumstrang 7]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Very rushed. A little OOC almost. Very OP. But I'm tired and too lazy to change it. 

Jessica cursed her luck.

 

She found it ironic that had she not transferred she probably would still have found herself here at Hogwarts anyways. Half hidden by the staircase, Jessica eyed the sea of Durmstrang students below her that roamed about freely in the halls of her current school.

 

She knew all of their faces, even all of their dueling styles. Durmstrang had been an extremely small school, making it difficult actually to not become intimate with her peers. After having left last year, she’d never thought she’d see them again though.

 

She’d yet to decide whether or not she was glad to see them again or not. She’d avoided all possible contact with them so far, scared honestly of what would happen immediately afterwards.

 

No, it wasn’t that she didn’t want to talk to them, to rekindle her friendships with them again. She did. They were her only true friends. She had none here.

 

She also knew that most of them would be glad to see her again and welcome her warmly with open arms and she wouldn’t have to be lonely anymore. Of that, she had no doubt. No, she was only worried for one single person. There was but one person who was still angry at her for leaving. And it was that reunion she dreaded.

 

After all, they were both children of duels. Their reunion would not be as simple as a smile and a hug.

 

Jessica sighed as she turned away, deciding that she’ll skip dinner today as well. She was not yet ready to reunite with her old friends. She’ll need to make another trip to kitchen after bedtime to fill her empty stomach. Quietly, she stalked upstairs back towards the astronomy tower, where she’ll hide until everyone else had gone to bed.

 

 

 

Taeyeon huffed to herself as she stormed across the open lawn, ignoring the way the Hogwarts students stared at her. Honestly, it was like they’d never seen a witch before. Why did all of them act so starstruck? Was Hogwarts not teaching their students magic for them to be so astonished at every spell she casted?

 

“No luck in finding her?” Sooyoung asked as they fell in pace with each other.

 

“Nope,” Taeyeon forced out. “No one knows where Jessica Jung is. It can’t be that hard can it? I’ve searched all over the freaking castle. Sat in way too many boring lectures too. Did you know they just started learning about inferi? We covered them back in like the third year. I read about them when I was only ten when I snuck into my father’s private library. It’s amazing how far behind they are”

 

“Horosho,” Sooyoung muttered in bewilderment.

 

“Right?” Taeyeon continued, her pace increasing as she got riled up. She shook her head before returning to the more important subject at hand. “I’ve asked students. I’ve asked ghosts. I’ve even asked professors too but apparently she’s not showing up to her classes. I swear I’ve found over thirty different secret passages in this castle and yet not a single sign of the sleepy head.”

 

“Is there one that leads to the kitchen?” Sooyoung immediately asked, because priorities.

 

Taeyeon shot her a look. “Yeah, I’ll show you if you help me find her.”

Sooyoung brightened, energized by the promise of food as always. “Have you checked the library?”

 

“Where do you think I slept yesterday?” Taeyeon answered dryly.

 

“Okayyyy,” Sooyoung drawled, thinking her friend had gone mental. “Do you think she’s avoiding us?”

 

“Oh I know she’s avoiding us,” Taeyeon scowled. “Or me, in general. That coward.”

 

Sooyoung decided not to comment on that in case she angered the girl any further. “Why don’t you just sneak into her dorm? You said she was in Ravenclaw, right?”

 

Taeyeon stopped suddenly. She her chin. “Not a bad idea,” she hummed. She glanced at Sooyoung. “Thanks. You’re surprisingly helpful.”

 

Sooyoung scoffed dryly. “You’re welcome.’ Her eyes suddenly flickered to somewhere over Taeyeon’s shoulder. “Or maybe you don’t have to break into the Ravenclaw dorms. Look.”

 

Taeyeon whirled around. True enough, she spotted the back of a very familiar blonde, scurrying across the lawn. Taeyeon smirked to herself.

 

“Oh no,” Sooyoung stated, stepping backwards cautiously. She eyed the shorter girl suspiciously. “I know that look in your eyes.”

 

Taeyeon drew her wand.

 

Sooyoung opened to talk. “Do you really think it’s a good idea to-”

 

Before she could finish, Taeyeon shot a petrifying spell from her wand. The students around them suddenly gasped and backed away as Jessica suddenly fell face forward onto the floor, unable to move.  

 

Sooyoung fought back a wince, quite used to their antics unlike the other students who stared in horror and shock. That fall looked like it hurt quite a bit though and knowing the blonde’s temper, things were going to get ugly. Well, uglier.

 

Sooyoung sighed to herself as Taeyeon advanced forward, wand still raised. “Try not to kill each other!” she called out to the girl. “These kiddies here have never seen a real duel. You’ll frighten them!” she reminded the girl, referring to their audience of Hogwarts and Beauxbaton students.

 

She sighed once more as Taeyeon paid her no heed.

 

 

 

 

Jessica was having a good day. A really good day, truly.

 

Madam Archer had finally, finally, given her permission to check out the book she been asking for since the beginning of this school year from the Restricted section and more than anything right now she just wanted to curl up in the Room of Requirement and read.

 

However, as she was walking back into the castle her limbs suddenly stopped moving and she dropped to the ground. As she hit the ground hard, she felt her face explode with pain as well as fury.

 

Merlins her nose better not be broken, or there will be hell to pay!

 

‘The ! Who the has the guts to hex me?!’

 

Sure she knew the Hogwarts students never liked her and sure they picked on her from time to time, but she had never been outright attacked! This was too much. She’d thought that with the presence of her old school here, that they’d finally lighten up on her as “the evil murderous ” but apparently not.

 

Feeling anger pour over herself, Jessica silently casted the counter spell and picked herself off the ground. Whoever shot that spell was going to regret it immensely.

 

“Looks like I’d finally found you! Where have you been?” A very familiar voice sounded from behind her and Jessica felt her spine run cold. Oh no. Oh she was dreading this. “Don’t you know to greet an old friend?”

 

Very slowly, Jessica turned around and sure enough, she was face to face with the familiar smirk of her best friend.

 

Who was currently pointing her wand at her. A challenge to a duel. Splendid. She loved reunions.

 

“Don’t tell me you’ve gotten soft since you’ve come to this second rate school,” Taeyeon taunted cheekily.

 

Jessica laughed to herself on the inside. She wouldn’t admit it out loud but she had missed Taeyeon. Since it came to this already and there was use hiding anymore, she decided to just give in to old habits. So raising her wand, she decided to show her friend just how much she had missed her.

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon felt herself grinning wider as her oldest friend raised her wand to meet her.

 

This was going to be one hell of a greeting.

 

She hoped the Hogwarts kiddos were stronger than they looked. This next duel would not be for the faint hearted.

 

“Confringo!” Taeyeon decided to start things off with an easy curse. ‘Easy’ being a relative word of course. A gulf of red fire burst from her wand. Jessica waved it away simply enough. Her right eyebrow rose in a deadly arch and Taeyeon could almost hear her friend’s unspoken taunt.

 

‘Really? I thought we were here to duel, not play games? Were you trying to light me on fire just now or light a candle? Try harder.’

 

Merlins, she’d missed her friend.

 

Jessica was the only one in the entire damned school that could keep up with her. And then, she left. She had no idea how devastated Taeyeon was at her departure. School no longer was fun. Not without someone like Jessica keeping her on her toes. Being number one was only so satisfying if there was a worthy number two.

 

Forgoing all the niceties, Taeyeon decided to just go right into it then. Grinning wic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter