The Girl From Durmstrang 2

Magic Runs in Our Veins [The Girl From Dumstrang 7]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you had to ask Tiffany about the transfer girl, she would have no idea how to answer.

 

They rarely ever interacted given that Tiffany was a year older so their classes never overlapped. The only times Tiffany would come across the girl was when she studied in the library. Jessica Jung would be sitting in a corner in a table all by herself with a giant old dusty book open in front of her, her nose shoved in between its pages. That girl was practically always immersed in a book.

 

Even during meal times or free periods Tiffany would sometimes spot the blonde quietly reading to herself, not even sparing a glance at anything or anyone around her. Tiffany supposed it made sense, given the fact that girl was a Ravenclaw and all and that Ravenclaws were supposed to be studious and whatnot. She wondered how the Hat had such a hard time sorting her when it was so obvious to Tiffany and everyone else just how big of a nerd Jessica was.  

 

And no, Tiffany didn’t go out of her way to purposely seek out the blonde. Her eyes just always happened to land in the spot that Jessica happened to occupied. At least that’s what she told her friends. Her friends, well they don’t believe her so much.

 

“Quit drooling, Fany,” Hyoyeon grumbled at the redhead, half full of partially chewed chicken.

 

Tiffany whipped her head to glare at her friend. “I was not drooling!” she hotly denied. She fought the urge turn her head back around, to continue staring at the quietly reading blonde, and instead kept her eyes focused on Hyoyeon’s unamused face. It took a lot more willpower than she was willing to admit. Jessica was just so much better looking than Hyoyeon, ya know? “I was just looking for Sunny.”

 

“Riiight,” Hyoyeon drawled, rolling her eyes in exasperation while taking another bite of her chicken. She quickly swallowed it down barely even chewing and Tiffany shot her a disgusted grimace.

 

“You eat like a pig,” Tiffany stated staring at Hyoyeon in disbelief.

 

Hyoyeon merely waved off the comment before leaning in suddenly. “I heard that she got expelled for practicing dark arts at Durmstrang and that’s why she transferred here,” she whispered to Tiffany under her breath.

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes, leaning away from Hyoyeon and her ridiculousness. She whirled he pasta aimlessly on her fork. “They’re just rumors, Hyo. I can’t believe you listen to that stuff. Everyone at Durmstrang practices dark arts, so of course she’s going to be well versed in it. That doesn’t mean she’s going to be the next Voldemort or whatever. Besides, look at her,” Tiffany chanced a glance in Jessica’s general direction, smiling at the sight of the blonde squinting down at a book just like she knew the girl was going to be. “She’s harmless.”

 

“Merlins, you’re disgusting,” Hyoyeon scowled, watching as Tiffany slurped her noodles.

 

Tiffany shot Hyoyeon an affronted look. “Please, I have way better table manners than you,” she stated, pointing her fork at the piece of chicken clinging onto Hyoyeon’s tie to make a point.

 

Hyoyeon scoffed, picking off the piece of chicken and sticking into without a care. “I’m not talking about your eating habits, Princess,” she hissed, giving Tiffany an unimpressed look. She nodded her head towards Jessica. “I’m talking about your crush on the ice over there.”

 

“Don’t call her that!” Tiffany snapped.

 

Hyoyeon only raised both her eyebrows at her defensive reaction as if to say, ‘See?’

 

Tiffany turned back to her plate of food. “I do not have a crush on her,” she stated grumpily like an angry child. “And don’t call her that,” she repeated with more conviction. “That’s not nice.”

 

Hyoyeon groaned before leaning in. “I heard she steals books from the restricted section,” she stated, pausing for dramatic effect. ”And they’re all on forbidden dark arts.”

 

Tiffany however was not affected. “It’s incredibly difficult to get passed Madam Archer’s wards,” she stated, not even bothering to glance at Hyoyeon. She wasn’t in the mood to humor the girl today. “Remember? You tried in our third year and you got caught and you almost got suspended.”

 

“Yeah, but she’s wickedly good at the dark arts. She probably knows how to get around Madam Archer’s wards,” Hyoyeon insisted. When Tiffany ignored her, she continued on. “I also heard that she’s reading so much because she’s researching to make her own dark spells.”

 

“Maybe she’s just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter