Chapter 6

Unpretty Romance

"Fu*k"

Chanyeol cursed when he took out his phone to find out that it ran out of battery since yesterday. He now knew the reason of getting no call from headquarter and Jongin. Plugging in the charger, Chanyeol frowned at the number of missed calls and messages he got.

Jongin (45) missed calls and (25) messages 
Mr. Hong (27) missed calls

"What the hell?"

Chanyeol really had no idea and checked the messages.

- Hyung, they are following you. -

- Beta! Be with yourself and check the surrounding! -

- Byun Baekhyun is in danger. -

- Don't leave Byun Baekhyun alone. -

"Oh .."

Chanyeol grabbed the car key and rushed to his car, getting on and wearing seatbelt took about forty seconds and if possible, he just wanted to reach Baekhyun's apartment within a second. However, when he arrived there, just the slightly open door of his apartment was welcoming him.

He was late.

Chanyeol open the door wide and checked inside the house to make sure that no one was inside. His phone rang and it was from Jongin.

"Beta, are you with him?"

"They took him."

Jongin sighed through the line and Chanyeol knelt down on the floor, he knew he should not be weak like this at the current time but he was too emotional to handle the situation.

 

*   *   *

 

"Hyung, what did he say?"

Jihoon asked Jongin when the older sighed loudly and ended the call. Throwing an annoying glance at Jihoon who could not understand the situation by looking at his reaction, Jongin shook his head.

"So, what shall we do now?"

"Firstly, we must chase Beta."

Jongin said and pressed the lever to speed up their car, for now, all he cared was to reach Baekhyun's apartment as soon as possible.

"We need to find the location of the doctor, not that of Beta."

"Jihoon, have you forgotten the task? Our duty is to protect Beta from them, not to save that useless doctor."

"But Mr. Hong sent you to protect the doctor."

"Yes, I had to protect him before he was taken by those gangsters. But he is already in their hands so forget about him and concentrate on protecting Beta."

"I can't understand anymore."

"You are so young to understand but don't worry and follow my orders. We can't let Beta to be in danger again."

"What do you mean by again?"

"Curiosity kills the cat, Jihoon."

"I am sorry."

Jihoon shut up and sat quietly on the passenger seat, not dared to ask any question again because Jongin was a good senior in normal state but when he got impatient, he was as scary as Beta.

Jongin stopped the car in front of the condo and he noticed Chanyeol's car parked across their car so he assumed that Chanyeol was still at the apartment.

"Park Jihoon, you didn't forget to bring the sniper, did you?"

Jongin cold sweated when he looked at the junior staring at him with wide eyes.

"What?! Did you forget it?"

"Do you think so? Hehe, of course I bring it!"

It was a relief that Jihoon was just kidding him by acting dumb.

"Bullets?"

"Checked."

"Pistol?"

"Checked."

"Bulletproof vest?"

"..."

"Tsk, Park Jihoon, please be with yourself. If you are acting like this, how can you do the mission?"

"Leader told me to prepare quickly so I.. I accidentally left it on the bed."

"Your brain works well for reasons."

Jongin whined and ed his shirt to take off his bulletproof vest.

"What are you doing?"

"To take this off of course. What are you thinking?"

"Nothing.. ah! It's Beta!"

Jihoon said when he saw Chanyeol coming out of the condo with a serious face. Jongin took the vest off with speed of light and threw it to Jihoon who was sitting beside him.

"Wear it and check everything again, especially the sniper."

Jongin ordered while wearing his shirt with one hand and controlling the steering wheel with the other.

"Report this to Leader."

He said and concentrated on chasing Chanyeol while Jihoon jumped to the backseat to check the sniper. He pressed the brake when the traffic light turned red and threw a glance at Chanyeol's car which was about three cars away.

 

*   *   *

 

Baekhyun returned to sense when he was splashed with water on the face. As soon as he opened his eyes, he saw some men obvious to know that they were not good ones for sure. His hands were tied behind his back and also did his legs, again his mouth was taped and his body was tied to the pole behind him.

"Haha! I like his sharp gaze."

One of them laughed and said when Baekhyun stared at him with anger.

"Of course whose boyfriend is he?"

"As expected."

What are they talking about?

Baekhyun frowned his eyebrows and tried to figure out their words while they kept chatting.

"Byun Baekhyun."

Baekhyun looked up when his name was called and it turned out that they took a photo of him.

"Wow, it turns out pretty good."

"I am sure Park Chanyeol will go crazy this time."

"Send it to him."

Baekhyun's eyes widened when Chanyeol happened to appear in their conversation.

"Hey, he looks like he wants to say something."

One of them said and another ripped the tape off from his mouth, the unbearable pain hit him but he could ignore it for now.

"Chanyeol is not my boyfriend."

When Baekhyun said, they all laughed out loud like they just heard the best joke of the year.

"I am saying the truth! We are not-"

"Sssshh, your Chanyeol is calling us now."

The phone ringtone made Baekhyun speechless. He eyed around the place and there were at least thirty people, Chanyeol could not fight them alone and plus, his wound was not healed completely yet.

"Hello."

They the speaker mode and came closer towards him.

"What do you want?"

"Oh ho, Mr. Park, calm down first."

"Just tell me what the actual fu*k you want! If you guys dare touch him, I will kill you all!"

"CHANYEOL DON'T COME- Ah!"

Baekhyun suddenly shouted and the one beside him slapped him hard in the face.

"What did you just do to him?! I warn you for the last time that don't lie a finger on him!"

Chanyeol's voice from the other line obviously sounded that he was so angry right now.

"Calm down and see you soon, Park Chanyeol. And, I hope that my men won't lie a finger on him too because this little boy is too precious for you."

"Don't touch him. He doesn't deserve it just because of me."

"Make sure to come alone without letting your faithful dogs know, uh, I mean your beloved juniors and your leader."

"I know."

"Do you know that this boy has a phobia about water?"

Baekhyun's eyes widened when he heard as it was true that he was afraid of water so much because of an accident since young.

"8 p.m. tonight at Black Castle's old building which you set on fire."

The line went dead and the said one turned his head towards Baekhyun.

"Kid, let's play."

 

*   *   *

 

Chanyeol put his phone on the dashboard and glanced at the rear view mirror to check Jongin's car. He knew that they were following him since he left the condo but he just let them do cause he was not in mind to argue with them. However , after getting a call from Black Castle, the situation changed.

He called Jongin and put on bluetooth in his ear.

"Yes, Beta."

"I am now heading to HQ. Stop following me."

"I don't believe you hyung."

"Do you dare reject the Beta's order?"

"I am sorry but I can't ignore my task."

He ended the call and opened the car window, when he saw Jongin staring at his car, he stretched his arm out and gave him a middle finger.

He saw Jihoon getting shock at his action but Jongin just smiling.

"Believe it or not."

He whispered and closed the car window. He was really heading back to HQ but his juniors did not believe him. Changing the gear to D, Chanyeol pressed the lever and sped up.

"Kids will be kids forever, kids."

He smirked at Jongin's car which was far left behind from his. His smiling eyes suddenly became intense once the photo of Baekhyun being tied came into his mind.

"Be safe."

 

+   +   +

 

TBC.