Arranged

Coming of Age

Yerim sighed, she was bored. She was a pureblood vampire who had infinity to play around but she found herself lazing around. Her father was busy with various tasks that were designated to the purebloods. There were not many of them. The only other significant families were the Park’s and the Bae’s.

 

The Bae’s were the most significant. They were the most beautiful and the purest. Anyone that found themselves marrying a Bae would be considered blessed. Unfortunately, nothing was heard of the Bae’s for centuries.

 

The Parks, on the other hand, had two children that Yerim had grown up with, Chanyeol and Sooyoung. Chanyeol was already married to a vampire called Seungwan much to the pureblood’s dismay. Sooyoung, on the other hand, had been messing with a noble vampire called Seulgi. The two were known to be together unannounced to their parents.

 

Yerim was brought out of her thoughts by the smell of a vampire she had never encountered before. She quickly readied herself to attack but was frozen upon seeing the figure.

 

“So this is the Kim’s child? What a beauty.”

 

The unknown vampire was before her before Yerim could react. A cold hand was on her cheeks as the unknown vampire observed her.

 

“Shouldn’t you be attacking me? My dear, Yerim-ah?”

The words broke Yerim out of her trance and she shot fire towards to an unknown figure. Unfortunately for her, the vampire destroyed her attack in mere seconds.

 

“I know being a pureblood you can do better, dear.”

 

Those words infuriated Yerim, she was known as the strongest vampire of her time. Everyone feared her yet an unknown vampire was second-guessing her strength.

 

Yerim was lost in her thoughts when soft words were spoken in her ear, “You are mine, dear.”

 

Before Yerim could react, the woman was gone much to Yerim’s dismay.

 

Yerim slept on the thought of this woman for days if not months. Times did not mean much to her. she was almost hitting her first millennium of existence.

 

“Yerim, we have a potential suitor for you,” Her father said in a serious tone.

 

Yerim rolled her eyes, “Don’t tell me it’s Sooyoung. She’s already taken for god’s sake.”

 

Her father scoffed at this, “It’s the Bae’s daughter.”

 

“Bae’s? They have a daughter?”

 

“Yes, she seems to be interested in you for some weird instance.”

 

“I’ve never met the Bae’s. Let alone their daughter that never existed!”

 

Her father sighed, “Their daughter is a millennium older than you. She has been hidden because of her beauty and purity.”

 

Yerim scoffed and left the room before her father could speak anymore. How dare he arrange a marriage with someone she didn’t even know. Yes, she knew it was important to continue the bloodline but still!

 

She found herself pacing her room, unsure of the future.

 

“Whats wrong buttercup?” a voice brought her out of her thoughts.

 

“You again?” Yerim rolled her eyes.

 

“Me again, dear. What are you going to do about it?” The voice is so taunting it has Yerim on edge.

 

Yerim groans, “I can’t deal with you! Especially when I’m going to be marrying someone I’ve never met before. Who said the Bae’s even had a daughter!”

 

“The Bae’s? What’s so bad about them?”

“Nothing!” Yerim scoffed, “But I’m going to have to marry their daughter!”

 

“She’s a pureblood, isn’t that the standard?”

 

Yerim glared at the beauty in front of her, “Pureblood? I don't care about that. I want someone I can deal with millenniums on end.”

 

The vampire hummed, “Shouldn’t you give her a chance? Don’t you think she’s surprised about the news as well?”

 

Yerim froze. She had never thought about that, “B-but she’s a millennium older than me.”

 

The vampire scoffed, “Since when has age mattered with vampires? Especially purebloods?”

 

Yerim looked behind her to see the vampire had disappeared. She sighed knowing the unknown vampire’s words were true. She would do her best to get to know the foreign Bae, for her sake and her parents.

 

Months Later

 

The time had come. Yerim was dressed in a beautiful purple gown as she greeted the various nobles in the party. She was tense on knowing she’d meet her future spouse but tried to leave it behind her.

 

“Can I have this dance?” A voice broke Yerim out of her trance.

 

“Are you ready to deal with the Bae’s wrath?” Yerim teased as she wrapped herself around the figure.

 

“More than ready.” The vampire of Yerim’s daily thoughts replied.

 

The vampire was dressed in a pants suit with a ponytail that highlighted her beauty. The flawlessness of her skin and existence left Yerim baffled. Also, the way Yerim felt safe in her arms were enough to confuse the younger.

 

The dance was shortlived when Yerim was called back to her father. She sighed as she put on her best smile as she met her future parents-in-law. The Bae’s were beautiful. Yerim couldn’t deny. It seemed as if Mrs. Bae hadn’t agreed at all. And The youngest Bae, Jisoo, was beyond stunning.

 

“Joohyun come here. It’s time for you to meet Yerim,” Mrs. Bae whined.

 

Yerim was frozen as she saw the smug smirk she had grown to love. That beautiful face was enough to mark Yerim freeze. The fact that Yerim had been communicating with her betrothed for months before was a real striker. Yerim was beyond lost. How could she not have known from the scent of the woman?

 

“I’ve been hiding my scent. That’s why you never realized who I was, dear.”

 

“W-why?”

 

Joohyun lurched forward, embracing the younger, “Because I never like to play by the rules, dear, And I know you don’t either,”

 

Yerim blushed, “I’m just glad it’s you.”

 

“Hm, is that so? You have infinity to show me that, dear.”

 

The two immediately were engulfed into their own world. The whole ball that was made for them was of no use. The two were too far gone in each other. Anytime someone approached them, the pureblood couple would growl and force their powers on their others. Even their parents couldn’t get in-between the couple. It seemed that a connection had been made as if the two were destined.

 

Yerim felt grow dry the longer she stayed with Joohyun; she needed blood.

 

Joohyun bared her neck while pushing the younger to her neck, “Drink dear, I won't die,”

Yerim didn’t need to be told twice. She dug her fangs into Joohyun’s neck, sipping up the blood. She felt herself become complete at that moment. It seemed as if her thirst was quenched.

 

A pat on her head brought her out of her trance. She slowly gazed up at Joohyun who was looking at her so lovingly.

 

“Do you feel better?”

 

Yerim nodded slowly, “Are you not thirsty?”
 

Joohyun laughed which startled Yetim.

 

“I’ve been thirst since I’ve set eyes on you. I must say I’m getting a bit weak because of you.”

Suddenly Yerim felt bad for not noticing, she immediately barred her neck, “Go ahead, please.”

 

Joohyun seemed to contemplate for a moment before sinking her fangs into Yerim’s neck. Yerim had never felt such pleasure before. She almost wished that Joohyun would her dry.

 

Joohyun pulled away looking healthier than she ever has to Yerim.

 

“It seems you two are getting along just fine,” A voice broke them out of their barrier as the two peered up to see their parents smiling at them.