Wife

Coming of Age

The whole room went quiet when the new professor walked in. She was breathtaking with goddess-like features from her head to her feet. She held herself with such elegance that she was intimidating to look at.

 

“This is Ms. Bae, she will be your new English professor. Treat her well.”

 

Chaeyoung elbowed Yerim, “She’s not real.”

 

Yerim groaned and looked up from her desk to see the new professor. She was definitely breathtaking. Yerim sighed and leaned her head back on her desk.

 

“Let me sleep, Chaeyoung.”

 

“Are you trying to sleep on my first day, miss?”


The voice awoke Yerim immediately as looked up to see the new teacher right beside her.

 

“N-no, ma’am.”

 

“See me after class.”

 

With that, the new professor went on to the front of the room to start the first lesson. Yerim groaned as she watched the new professor walk away. She looked over to see Chaeyoung holding in her laughter with a smirk. Yerim elbowed the other girl and pouted. She did her best to pay attention to the rest of the lesson but found difficulty in doing so. Her thoughts were filled with the professor in front of her, almost eager for what would happen after class.

 

“Good luck,” Chaeyoung whispered to her before leaving the classroom.

 

Yerim groaned and watched everyone leave the room, leaving her alone with the new teacher. She sighed and got up slowly to find herself pulled into an embrace.

 

“Unnie, how could you pick on me on your first day,” Yetrim whined as she wrapped her arms around the elder.

 

“I’m sorry, you were too cute. I couldn’t resist.”

 

Joohyun kissed the younger girl’s forehead as she pulled away. The two were part of an arranged marriage made by their families. The two had been wed when Yerim turned 19. The elder was always careful not to push boundaries due to their . She never made Yerim do anything that she was uncomfortable with. Joohyun had decided to become a professor until her parents decided it was time to take over their company. Unknown to many, Joohyun was an heiress to a multimillion-dollar company. Their grandparents had made an agreement the moment Joohyun was born for their children to wed no matter what. The two of them grew up together, side by side.

 

At first, Yerim was against the marriage. Joohyun was eight years older than her. She was still a child while Joohyun was a blossoming young woman. Joohyun continued to pursue her despite the younger’s rejections. It did not take long for Yerim to fall for the elder. Now she couldn’t be without her.

 

Yerim was brought out of her thoughts when she felt a pair of lips on hers. Automatically her arms wrapped around the elder’s neck, pulling her closer. The lip lock did not last long, much to Yerim’s dissatisfaction.

 

“I’d love to sit and make out with you, but we can’t get caught, dear.”

 

Joohyun smiled at the younger as she caressed her cheek. Yerim pouted at the words, although she knew the elder was right.

 

“Don’t worry. When we get home, I’ll make you feel good.”

 

Yerim was sent into a blushing mess as the elder laughed and ran away to her next class.

 

The rest of the week by with no one finding out about their relationship. The two did their best not to interact with one another at all. Yerim found it difficult to do when she heard other students talking about how attractive Joohyun was. She could feel that the green ball of jealousy takes over her mind whenever she heard others speak about her. Yerim usually did not get possessive but she couldn’t help it when she heard it every day. It didn’t help that she knew she just attractive Joohyun was.

 

Yerim groaned and leaned her head on her desk, hoping the day went by quickly. She was trying to get rid of the jealousy that had taken ahold of her.

 

Yerim still felt unfit for Joohyun. The elder was perfect in every aspect while Yerim was just Yerim. It took her a while to get away from her thoughts. She tried her best to think she was the best candidate for Joohyun but found it hard to. She sighed trying to get rid of all the negative thoughts she held. Joohyun is yours, Yerim. Relax.

 

The day went slow for Yerim. Her thoughts were still focused on Joohyun. The thought and visual image of other women hitting on Joohyun were imprinted on her mind.

 

She was greeted by the maids when she got home. She sighed and ventured into Joohyun’s and her shared room to find Joohyun waiting for her.

 

The elder got up and wrapped herself around Yerim, “I sense you’re jealous. Remember I’m yours.”

 

Yerim felt herself choking up as she nuzzled herself into the elder’s embrace, “…are you sure, unnie?”

 

Joohyun felt tense at the words from the younger as she tightened her grip, “I’ve been yours since the day I set eyes on you.

 

Yerim felt herself breakdown at the words as she submitted herself to the elder. Joohyun softly hushed her as she wrapped her into the confines of the blanket and her embrace, Joohyun hummed softly as she attempted to lull Yerim into sleep. The younger quickly fell into sleep with Joohyun falling slowly after.

 

The next day Joohyun was gone before Yerim woke. The younger woke to a note and sighed. I had to go to class first. Don’t forget to eat breakfast. I love you. – Joohyun.

 

Yerim sighed and got ready not forgetting to eat breakfast. School was slow for her. She could only think of Joohyun as her self-confidence spiraled into defeat.

 

Joohyun seemed to notice Yerim behavior and knew she had to do something about it. Her job as a school teacher was nothing compared to the significance of Yerim.

 

It was the middle of lunch, Yerim’s favorite part of the day. She sat with her friends Sareon, Sooyoung, Seulgi, and Seungwan. Her friends seemed to all notice something was off about her but were unsure of how to approach the younger.

 

Joohyun strutted herself over to Yerim, not caring about the looks being given. She quickly pulled the younger up into her embrace and meshed their lips together. Yerim was surprised at first but quickly reciprocated the kiss. She wrapped her arms around Joohyun’s neck as the elder lurched forward, trying to get the most out of the moment.

 

“I love you, only you,” Joohyun ghosted on Yerim’s lips, “Now everyone knows.”

 

Yerim was blindsided as she blushed profusely. It felt like all eyes were on her but she felt complete at that moment.

 

“I love you too, unnie. Forever.”