Immortal Love

Coming of Age

Vampires were fictional. That’s at least what Yerim thought. But how could she think such things when she was being pinned against a wall with fangs deep inside her neck. She squirmed into her lover’s embrace, her arms wrapped around the vampire’s neck, a moan escaping her lips.

Yerim met her when she was sent to the student council after pranking Sooyoung. The two were known for their various pranks on one another. Unfortunately for her, the wasabi kimbap was given to the cheerleading team instead. Thus, her getting sent to the student council office for punishment.

 

Upon walking in, she met the president for the time. She was fair with straight black hair that would make anyone jealous. Her doe eyes could make anyone fall for her; she was breathtakingly beautiful. Yerim wondered how she had never seen the girl before. The moment their eyes met, Yerim shivered. The elder seemed to be entranced by her as well, Yerim noticed her stiffen in her seat as soon as she entered.

 

“What have you one this one, Yerim-ssi?” the beauty clicked her tongue, “Did one of your childish pranks go wrong again?”

 

Yerim bit her lip slightly as she looked at the elder, “Yes, but it was Sooyoung’s fault for giving them to the cheerleading team.” She pouted softly, trying to defend herself.

 

“No matter what happened, you will be punished for your actions. You’ll be my assistant for the remainder of the month.” The president said with a smirk on her beautiful face.

 

“Yes, sunbae.” Yerim pouted, she couldn’t believe she had to work for the student council for a month. Especially being an assistant for the rumored ice beauty president.

 

“You’re dismissed for today, return tomorrow after your classes.” She said with a stoic face, “I’m Joohyun by the way.”

 

With that Yerim hurried back to her next class, trying to regain her thoughts on what just occurred. All she could think about was Joohyun. Her lips, skin, hair, everything about her was inviting Yerim in. She was met with Sooyoung waiting for her in the cafeteria with a eating grin on her face.

 

“Well, what happened, Yerimmie?” Sooyoung asked in a teasing manner as Yerim sat in front of her.

 

“The student council president is drop dead gorgeous and I’m her assistant for a month. Sooyoung, I’m going to die.” Yerim sighed while resting her head on the table in defeat.

 

Sooyoung started to laugh as soon as she heard Yerim’s words. Yerim thought she was going to choke with how red her face was. “Shut up, Sooyoung! This is all your fault anyways!”

 

Yerim was reaching over the table to hit Sooyoung when her eyes met Joohyun’s across the cafeteria. She swore she saw the elder smirking at her. She noticed the girl beside her whispering in her ear which made Joohyun smile. Yerim felt her cheeks grow red and she immediately turned away from the older girl’s piercing gaze. The rest of the day went by without Yerim seeing the elder girl. Although, the elder girl had taken over her thoughts. Yerim even dreamt over her that night. The next day she was excited to see the elder girl. Sooyoung had been teasing her the whole day about Joohyun.

 

When the time came Yerim walked into the office and knocked on the door with a shaky breath, “Come in.” The voice sent shivers down Yerim’s spine. She slowly opened the door to see Joohyun sitting at her desk. The elder looked up to meet Yerim’s gaze. Yerim entered the girl’s office slowly as she observed the room. Books were laid out and everything seemed to have its own place.

 

“You will be helping me go through these documents today. They are all documents from the anonymous box outside of the office. We have not gone through them for a while and I need help.” Joohyun sighed as she looked at Yerim.

 

“Yes, sunbae.” She pulled a seat up in front of Joohyun’s desk and took some of the documents with a small sigh. This seemed like it would take a while. Joohyun smiled softly at the younger girl.

 

“Call me unnie.” She said with a smile to try and relax the girl in front of her. She knew she was intimidating, her aura scared most away from her besides Seulgi.

 

Yerim nodded and bit her lip softly, “Yes, unnie.”

 

The two went through the documents for hours. When Joohyun looked up she saw the younger had fallen asleep. With a soft chuckle, she laid her documents down on the desk. She reached out to the younger girl to awaken her. Upon touching her cheek, Joohyun felt a jolt go through her body. It was something she had never felt before in all her years of existing. Yerim jolted awake as she felt something cold touch her face. “Unnie, what’s wrong? Did I fall asleep?” Her words were slightly slurred from her sleepy state.

 

“N-nothing, you can go home for today.” Joohyun’s slightly stuttered.

 

Yerim seemed to not notice as she got up slowly with a grin on her face, “I’ll see you tomorrow, unnie!” With that she skipped out of the office, leaving Joohyun frozen in her seat.

 

“What’s wrong, Joohyun-unnie?” A voice crept out of the darkness of the room.

 

Joohyun sighed as she saw Seulgi standing there, “I think I found my soulmate.”

 

Seulgi froze upon hearing those words. Joohyun’s soulmate couldn’t possibly be a human out of everything? She knew it was possible but the chances of such a thing happening were low. Meeting your soulmate was already hard enough.

 

“Find information on her, Seulgi. Human or not, I cannot let her escape again.” Joohyun’s words were cold as she disappeared from her seat. Seulgi sighed and went upon doing her sire’s wishes.

 

The next day came and Yerim was back sitting in Joohyun’s office. She was going through the same documents as yesterday when she cut herself on one of them. A whine escaped her lips as she the blood pooling at her skin. Suddenly she felt Joohyun pinning her against the wall with Yerim’s wrist in her grasp. Joohyun’s eyes were red as she the blood that was pooling on Yerim’s fingers. Yerim couldn’t move as she squirmed. What was happening? What was Joohyun? Before she could think, Joohyun was off her. “Go, get out.” Joohyun’s cold voice broke her out of her thoughts. Yerim didn’t question and left.

 

Joohyun was left alone, biting her hand. Yerim’s blood was too intoxicating. As soon as she smelled it, she lost control. She had never felt this way before; she never lost her control over blood before. But the smell was too tantalizing.

That night, Joohyun went hunting to get her fix after that incident. She needed blood and immediately. She couldn’t just take Yerim’s, even though that is was she wanted to do. The next day Yerim was back in Joohyun’s office to find someone else there; it was the girl she saw with Joohyun.

 

“Joohyun is out today, I am Seulgi. We will go through these documents together.”

 

Yerim sighed, she wanted to see Joohyun again. She finished going through the documents and was on her way home. She was walking through one of the back alleys when a man grabbed her by the arm.

 

“You smell delicious. Don’t mind if I have a taste.”

 

The man pinned her against the wall and she couldn’t make a noise as the man ripped open her shirt. He started to the base of . Yerim wanted to scream, all she could think of was Joohyun. Almost suddenly the man was off of her and pinned to a wall. Before she could think, he had become ashes. Yerim was on the ground, panting. She looked up to see Joohyun’s red eyes gazing at her. She felt tears b in her eyes as she embraced the elder girl. The coldness of Joohyun’s skin warmed her as the girl rubbed the small of her back.

 

“It’s okay, dear. Calm down.” Joohyun was repeating these words like a mantra in her ear.

 

Yerim finally calmed down as Joohyun held her. Her mind was slowly forming with questions and curiosities about Joohyun.

 

“I’ll answer your questions another day, dear. Let me get you home.” Joohyun’s smile was enough to reassure her. Yerim nodded as Joohyun carried her home. Her head was in the crook of Joohyun’s neck as they walked. She didn’t realize how they got home or how Joohyun managed to carry the whole way. Joohyun smiled as she let her down in front of her house and kissed her on the forehead. When she opened her eyes, Joohyun was gone. It was almost like a dream.

That night Yerim dreamt of Joohyun’s fangs deep inside of her neck. The dream felt so real, she woke up sweating.

 

Yerim went to Joohyun’s office hurriedly. She wanted to see Joohyun as soon as possible. Upon seeing her, she felt all her worries fade away. Joohyun smiled at her softly and gestured for her to sit in front of her.

 

“What do you think I am Yerim, dear?” her voice was velvet.

 

“A v-vampire, right?”

 

With a chuckle, Joohyun had her pinned to the wall again before she could process what was happening.

 

“Shouldn’t you be more scared, dear? You saw what that man was going to do to you, do you not fear I will do the same?” Joohyun’s breath was on her neck.

 

Yerim squirmed and wrapped her arms around the elder, “I don’t fear you, unnie. I know you wouldn’t hurt me.”

 

Joohyun let go of her immediately and backed away, “You should, I could kill you in a second.” Her voice was as cold as her eyes as Yerim met her gaze.


With a pout, Yerim walked over to her, “I know how you feel about me, unnie. I see you staring at me.” Her arms were wrapped around Joohyun’s neck again.

 

“Do not regret this, dear.” Joohyun’s lips were on hers in a second. She felt like melting into the elder’s embrace.

 

The two were inseparable after that. Joohyun was always with Yerim, walking her to school and class. The vampire had told her all about her life and weaknesses. Yerim was intrigued. She often found herself getting lost in Joohyun’s stories.

 

One day she hadn’t seen Joohyun all day. She decided to go to her office to see if she was okay. She went in without knocking to find Joohyun on a blood packet. Her eyes were red and she seemed frustrated. Immediately Joohyun threw the blood packet down and pinned Yerim to the wall. She was and nipping at the girl’s neck before coming back to her senses.

 

“Y-you need to go, Yerim. This will not end well.” Joohyun’s voice was shaky as she tried to back away from the younger.

 

Yerim wrapped her arms tight around the elder, “Drink, unnie. It’s okay.”

 

Joohyun didn’t need to be told twice, she started and nipping before burying her fangs into the girl’s neck. A moan escaped Yerim’s neck as her nails clawed into Joohyun’s back. It was a feeling she had never felt before; she was sent to cloud nine.

 

Joohyun pulled away feeling more content then she had in the last century. Her arms carefully embraced the trembling girl; her hair in a calming manner.

 

“Are you okay, dear?” Joohyun’s voice was soft and filled with worry as she looked at the younger girl.

 

“N-never been better, unnie.” Yerim gave a soft sheepish smile as she looked into the elder’s eyes. She felt overcome with warmth as she looked at her. It was ironic with how cold Joohyun’s skin was against hers.

 

“Let’s go you some food and rest.” Joohyun lifted her up with ease and brought her to the couch in her office. She placed Yerim down with such delicacy; Yerim felt her heart flutter. The elder quickly ran out of the office to get the girl some chocolate. Yerim closed her eyes as her thoughts were on Joohyun again. She couldn’t get the feeling of Joohyun’s skin against hers out of her mind. Before she could think too much, a body was on top of her. She shivered at the cold skin, she knew who it was. She smiled and looked up at Joohyun staring down at her.

“Thinking of me again, dear? Do not worry, I’ll be with you till the end of time.” Joohyun’s lips were on her forehead leaving a small kiss.