Dilemma

He Left Me Breathless

I hide inside the cafeteria for the next two hours nursing a cup of cold omija tea (five flavor berry tea). Going through the most intense internal struggle, I half blamed myself for the situation I was stuck in and half blamed the handsome stranger. No scratch that, it has officially been changed to teacher. ing fantastic!

Isn’t this the moment where a cameraman appears unexpectedly and announces on National TV that I was the latest victim of their prank who completely aced his role by being scared to death like they had predicted? I mean what are the chances that the one time in your whole life you decide to settle scores with a stranger for all the crap they spout and it turns out he is going to be your instructor for entire the semester. Which was, four very lengthy months.

It wasn’t even close to funny seeing how dance, was counted as my major and I'd need to score no less than A- to raise my overall rank. If this had happened during the previous year I would have gladly accepted defeat and abandoned any idea of attending the course but it was impossible now. Not only was the Dean insistent on promoting those students in the A grade category but it was also crucial to enroll as a trainee in my ideal agency.

Easily maintaining A+ in all the other subjects wouldn’t matter if he decided to show me the exit or worse yet fail me in a flash. I would have to leave disgracefully and continue dad's business. Probably become a concierge in Minseok hyung's hotel. That should surely provide enough amusement to everyone for the rest of our long lives, no doubt. Ah remember how Baekhyun said he'd become famous and drown us in his money? That was a good gag. I cringe, violently just imagining Kyungsoo's gloating face. I would never survive it. I have to find the ladder in this hole that kept getting dug deeper and deeper.

I could still switch classes because it was the beginning of the term and many slots wouldn't be filled this early. Pushing back the standard issue chair I rush towards the administrative building and pray for an empty slot. The red building of fate looms large and the elderly Mrs. Choi is busily managing the bundles of papers stacked on the desk. I assume my best goody two shoes expression and think of a ploy to string her along.

"Good morning Mrs. Choi. I am starting to find reasons to see you." I compliment straight away and she indulges delightedly. Yes, yes please fall for this. I must seem unbearably dazzling.

"Good morning Mr. Byun" she greets self-consciously.

"Aye Mrs. Choi I thought told you to call me Baekhyunnie. You’ll really hurt my feelings if you don’t" I engage her in idle chat displaying another grin. The lady literally fumbles for balance and I feel slightly guilty. The tricks I had to perform to save my .

"What can I do for you Mr. Baekhyun?" she enquires shyly and I fake a fainting motion. Exaggeration was definitely my forte rather than common sense.

"Nothing too, troubling. I was hoping you could allocate a seat for me in Kim Tae Woo Seonsaengnim’s batch from March onwards" I continue notching the charm level higher.

"Haven't you been assigned to Oh Sehun Seonsaengnim?" she demands scrutinizing the individual schedule for each student in the computer.

Oh Sehun.

Dammit even his name made him sound luxuriously wonderful.

"That is correct but recently I enrolled for a 4 month extracurricular program that clashes with Oh Seonsaengnim's curriculum. If I could shift, it would be greatly helpful. I really don't want to fail" I say pouting sadly and she seems to believe the lie. Puppy Baek is a habitual offender who bends the laws to fulfill his commands.

"I wish there was an option to accommodate your request but all the seats are currently occupied. Unless you have signed consent from the Director stating otherwise I cannot replace your registration number for someone else's" she sympathizes smiling in the way your grandparents do when they have to deny you something because your parents said so. I thank her for the inconvenience despite my disappointment. Well beggars can’t be choosers or chosen.

Undeniable truth of the day – I will flunk.

I slam my head against the pillar outside the office expecting to give myself an injury severe enough to cause amnesia or a permanent concussion. Eventually I throw in the towel and head onto theory of music. Marching to the last bench I collapse into a heap of regret and self-accusation.

"Was the session that tiring?" Chanyeol asks surprised at my dramatic entry.

"I didn't attend" I answer in a numb tone.

"Is the hangover killing you?" he questions considerately.

"No my wild temper and hands are killing my career" I burst like an overblown balloon.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means, my luck is so darn sensational that the guy who I soaked in beer last night in the club ended up being the newly appointed dance coach, fresh from Satan’s crew" I sigh and Chanyeol instantly grabs me up by the hoodie. I give him a stare showing how done I am.

"Seriously?!" he practically screams and I nod, frustration flooding me once more.

"Mr. Oh Sehun Seonsaengnim aka the extremely, tremendously gorgeous piece of art from the bar who hates my guts will be nitpicking my two left feet and all they can trash" I whisper no fight left.

"What did you just say?" Chanyeol probes lifting the hoodie again and I bite his wrist until he has to forcefully shut my mouth.

"Repeat" he urges.

"That I'm going to die? comes my muffled answer.

"No, before that idiot."

"That I won’t pass?" I wonder, trying to remember what I had spoken.

"No!" he snaps and I am puzzled.

"That Oh Seonsaengnim is conducting the lessons?"

His owlish eyes bulge wider, if that was possible and I don't appreciate it at all. Another awful omen might be in the process of unveiling.

"OH" he exhales in shock and it alarms me .

"What? What am I missing?!"

"Didn't the name strike you as familiar?" he tests and I need an actual minute to judge.

"No no no no no. It can't be that person. There are so many people with the same surname" I whisper, blood freezing in my veins.

"Is he Oh Sehun or Oh blah blah?" he murmurs, lowering his voice and I nod mutely.

"It's him isn't it? The Chairwoman's son?" I cry and Chanyeol gestures a double thumbs up in return.

"Dude have you been sleeping with bad luck? You couldn't find someone else to go mental on?" he whistles in disbelief.

"If I knew who he was I would have cut my arm" I wail incredibly close to tears. I had crushed my whole future using a single bottle of rotten wheat and yeast. This is a level of failure even I hadn't imagined for myself.

"You should get on your knees and beg ASAP" he suggests and I realize there is no other option. Maybe they'll let me breathe if I do.

"How?" I sob against his chest and he pats me reassuringly.

"Tell him that you didn't know who he was. Which is practically impossible because the guy is in the front page of the newspapers and journals daily" he says incredulously and I whack his chest.

"This is not helping. You know I don't read anything, much less the news" I frown.

"Kyungsoo is going to attack you with the fly swatter" he warns and I bite him for the third time.

"That is also not helping Yeol. Do you want to see me die?" I scream.

"Fine! My point was that you didn't mean to be an ill-mannered prick and it was an absolute misjudgment on your part. You're very sorry for your rash actions and that you'll reflect on it in the future" he replies calmly like he’s used to these circumstances.

"You think it'll work?" I ask desperately.

"It's a start" he says and it doesn't spark confidence, whatsoever.

"Leave it to me to pick a fight with the only son of the woman who owns my career" I groan.

"Not to mention the present CEO of Oh Enterprises and the man famously crowned as the 5 minute god" he adds to my misery. Of course he owned the biggest company in all of Asia that even Forbes acknowledged.

"Why is he called the 5 minute god?" I ask curiously.

"He contracted a billion dollar deal for his company within five minutes when he was 17 years old" he says matter of fact.

"How did he do that?"

"He told the other CEO’s daughter that she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen” Chanyeol states proudly.

“So? A lot of people do that” I retort.

“She was voted the ugliest Chaebol in the poll conducted by Empire Magazine" he reveals in awe.

Well you can't blame the girl. It had taken me all of five seconds to go week after smelling him. The poor thing had no chance but to become a puddle of goo like me.

“Why do you know him so well? Are you a fanboy? Do you have a private fansite? Are you stalking him regularly?” I fire one theory after another.

“Honestly your brain worries me” he declares unimpressed.

"How about I just mail a detailed apology letter written in my blood? That certainly says sorry like nothing else" I offer.

"It also says you need to be locked up in a psychiatric ward. Meet him after the class and do it as the rest of us do. The longer you drag this, the terrible the consequences" he retorts.

"Really? How much worse can it be?" I groan in disbelief.

"You could be expelled instead of failing one subject" he states seriously and I shudder at the thought. That was horrific.

"Okay I'll talk when he’s free" I say thoroughly exhausted and the lecturer walks in. The rest of the day is a blur while I plot the conversation and soon Chanyeol is dragging my limp body to his car.

"Baekhyun hyung" echoes from somewhere and I turn to see Taeyong our junior sprinting towards us.

He stumbles when he catches Chanyeol grinning wickedly and I struggle to hide the hysterical laughter. This kid was hopeless. His infatuation for Chanyeol was legendary and it has been going strong since forever. He was totally love-sick for him but Park Chanyeol was dumb as a brick to the fact.

I don't know why the kids in his class were so afraid of him. Granted he could be a real brat but anyone could see it was just an act, especially if they could see him around this giant. The scarlet shade of his face was in stark contrast against his purple hair. Straightening he moves carefully and attempts to conceal his embarrassment. Chanyeol is enjoying the spectacle and I elbow him hard but it is useless.

"Leave my baby alone" I warn, wrapping him in a hug and he covers himself completely.

"What happened?" I ask reminding, why he had searched for me in the first place.

"Yeah Oh Seonsaengnim wants to meet you in his cabin tomorrow. When you left without his permission he seemed really irritated. I have been looking for hyung everywhere" he murmurs into my neck. Taeyong is a child prodigy, he could dance and rap like it was nobody's business. The Dean allowed him to join AP modules because of his sheer talent hence making him a fellow companion.

"Taeyongie on a scale of one to ten how annoyed was he?" I enquire and his chiseled jaw, my favorite part of his body. These ikemens bring out the secret cougars in you.

"9?" he answers, unsure.

"Thank you. Be a good cookie monster okay? Hyung is always watching you even if I'm not here" I say pressing a kiss to his cheek and he looks at me uncertainly.

"Is hyung going anywhere?"

"Hopefully heaven but with hyung’s track record I'll probably be dumped in hell" I respond confusing him more.

"Seriously you should become an actress. See you later Taeyong ah" Chanyeol says pushing me onto the passenger side and I wave goodbye to a flustered Taeyong.

My parents demand an explanation about my lifelessness and I blame it on the lack of sleep. I had one task in mind, preparing the best apology letter as a backup in case I lost my balls when I saw him.

Changing into comfy clothes I reboot the laptop and open Google typing Oh Sehun into the search box. Thousands of results pop up, some related to his company, some related to his personal life and some related to his conquests for the lack of a better word.

I open the Wikipedia page and the first thing I notice is that he is two years younger than me and it restores my pathetic mood. He was 19 and already had the whole world on the edge of their seats wondering what he'd do next. Will I ever be that successful?

Mr. Oh senior had passed away in a mysterious car crash and there were dozens of links leading to articles. He had lived and studied in America all his life. He was such an exceptional student that the school promoted him three grades ahead and he had graduated from Cambridge with a business degree last year. He was an avid philanthropist who donated food and money to the less privileged. There were lists of achievements to his credit and I observed some of them included best dancer awards.

This guy was so phenomenal that every major university hunted him as a teacher or a student. Unfortunately for them his busy schedule permitted only an hour or two of availability. He gave impromptu lectures that everyone gathered for no matter where and when. Five minute god was truly his alias and the description matched Chanyeol’s story.

The image section could have been a model's portfolio for all it's worth and to my utter mortification I come across a practically picture of him where the essentials were barely covered by a pale silk sheet. Every renowned magazine had him plastered on their covers posing in clothes expensive enough to put any average man's yearly salary to shame.

I click the bubble for Oh Sehun's alleged love interests and the screen is crowded with excessively attractive women, being outshone by him in every photograph even though most of them were highly sought after models themselves.

How am I supposed to utter anything in front of this mammoth of a man? He was a living, breathing monument and everything seemed to pale in comparison. There is no way I can do this, I was chickening out and I couldn’t even imagine what I would do in front of him. On top of that he had specifically asked to see him tomorrow. I mean if the guy had enough money to burn why the hell was he teaching us?

A rich man's greed or honest passion?

Both were scary right now.

I write many drafts and keep throwing papers into the bin unsatisfied. I am doomed. I should probably take a semester off. Failing a subject would only mean I had to retake it, instead of trying and failing regardless, might as well completely ditch the complications and stay in the North Pole until it gets over. I keep thinking about this and don't know when I fall asleep. The blaring noise of the alarm startles me awake and I realize I haven't written a single legible word.

“Little Master went to bed without dinner last night. What's bothering you?" Minseok hyung asks returning from his morning jog.

"Remember I told you about the guy I threw beer on?" I grumble, massaging the sore muscles.

"Yeah, the rude and hot stranger" he says quickly.

"Rude and hot teacher" I drop, casually.

"What?" hyung shrieks incredulously and breaks into loud chuckles.

"Thanks. This is exactly the kind of moral support I need" I say wryly.

"You have to admit this is hilarious. You never lose your temper and when you rarely do, it knocks you out" he giggles.

"Hyung I am willingly going to the lion’s den and I have no idea how I'm going to fix this."

"Just apologize bunnie. You know how this goes, you make a mistake you own up to it" he advises always the sage.

"I know I should but I don't know how. Best part is he's the Chairwoman's son and the CEO of Oh Enterprises. I don't think I can get out of it with an apology" I say silencing hyung finally.

"Wow! That my dear is the tragedy of the century."

"I know. See you on the other side hyung."

All the contemplation had given me one solution, appealing to his merciful side.

I had dance in the last hour so it was an absolute torture just imagining how he would react. Chanyeol disturbed because of my agitated behavior ties my hands to the bench and forces me to sit still for an hour. I quiver like a ticking bomb and he abandons me as soon as the bell for the last period rings.

Standing outside the studio I deliberate for several minutes and decide it is impossible in front of the others. I wait near the entrance for two hours until the students slowly leave.

You can do it Baek you can do it.

The room is empty and I see him leaning against the table drinking water. All preparations flee my mind and I just stare at him dumbly. He has his back to the door so he doesn't see me right away. I use the chance to savor his broad and splendid shoulders.

The tracks he is wearing emphasizes the ample curve of his teasingly and his sweat soaked tank is attached to him like a second skin. His beautiful black hair sticks up in different directions and he shakes it heartily. His arms flex stressing the veins in them and I shake where I am.

He wasn't simply stunning; he was the epitome of male beauty. His Adam's apple bobs as the water slides down his throat gradually and I have never been more jealous. His waist moves to the music still playing and I watch him signing some documents. I am thunderstruck and utterly lost in appreciating that I don't become aware of him turning around.

His defined and serious eyebrows wrinkle in distaste and my insides tremble. If brows could kill I'd be dead a few million times. I mentally slap myself into reality and he regards me quietly, the contempt far too obvious. My memory suddenly recollects the women who appeared in the search results yesterday and I immediately feel inadequate.

"To what do I owe this pleasure Mr. Baekhyun?" he questions sarcastically and I freeze altogether. I am fighting a losing battle.

"Because you summoned me" I mutter lamely and he rolls his eyes. Lord save my sinful soul.