Identity

Biztar Universe

Advanced Technologies: Identity

 

I have mentioned in my stories held in Biztar, although not much have been posted and some of which has been posted doesn’t show much about it, that there are new generation technology which is more convenient than what we have right now. I’m not able to list up everything here, but let’s start with what we have in Eve .

In that JeongSol story, I mentioned about small tiny fairies have a smartphone. It’s more or less the same smartphone we have at this point. But in minuscule scale. So if fairy’s height is around 11 cm, their phone is at 9 mm - 10 mm. Yes, that’s what we call miniature, but that’s just the right size for Fairies, we need to understand and acknowledged it.

Now that we talk about mini phones, we can assume that Biztarian can create anything in lilliputian size, with that, I will mention about the ring WonSol (or whole members of Seventeen, to be exact) wear in Wolf Baby . Because Seventeen wears that ring ALL the time, I decide to not change it and use it for the sake of this universe.

Looking at Wonwoo when the elder touches the button on the hologram panel after raising his ring to the ID scanner,...

Yes. You read it right. Wonwoo scans his ring with the scanner attached to the hologram panel of the teleportator (we will talk about this -and the dimension alterations- in later chapter).

Every Biztarians, both in the World of Living and Underworld, have certain ID which comes in various sizes, shapes and materials. In it, is a special built it microchip where the owner of the ID’s data is saved. It is like our electronic ID card, but doesn’t come in the shape of plastic card. This proof of identity is linked to the main national data center which link to another data centers, like health care insurances, licenses, bank accounts, police records and can be used as a method of payment. In Wolf Baby’s story, we can find that the ID ring links to the VIP tickets to the public party and their apartment’s entree passes. This way, civilian doesn’t need to bring around multiple cards and this paperless invention can also save the withering natural environment from being exploited.

Everyone has it as soon as their parents report their birth to the government, and to make it easier to be carried along, this ID can be planted in any type of accessories Biztarians prefer. Ring is one of the most favorite choice, because it’s not heavy, can be used as accessories for their fashion and most of all, easy to be directed to the scanner. The other choices are bracelet, charm, phone case, pin, wristwatch and many other things.

For security, this ID comes as a pair, the chip and also the key. The chip which is planted inside thing has some sort of sensor which will try to find its key to unlock its function. This key also comes in many variation, while the main chip has more appeal in appearance because of its frequency of use, the key is usually made very simple and unrecognizable as a key. It can be the plainest panel put inside someone’s pocket or small simple pearl or jewel earrings, or extravagant hair piece. The key has to be around the chip in close range under 2 m for it to active, and the scanner limits itself with 30 cm gap.

Aside from the key, there will also need of fingerprint or iris scan for added securities after scanning the ID chip, but these are optional. Despite the chance of hijack and data stealing, data center has very thick and strong multilayered firewalls.

 


 

Notes:

That’s all for now. See you later on the next Biztar thing! ^^/