Festival

Biztar Universe

How Things Work in Biztar: Festival

 

Just like our current society which will be called ‘Old World’ in Biztar, the resident of Biztar do everything like we do. They live, study, work, follow rules, have fun and everything like us, but in much vaster scale; like the use of magic, advanced technologies and mix of both. Biztarians are separated into two groups, those who live in World of Living (Earth) and those who live in Underworld (where other creatures who aren’t human stay safe and calm away from human).

And because I'm not creative enough to make new name (For country, city, and anything about that), the map area of Biztar is the same with the Old World. Tho, if anything, some of it disappear or erased out of the public map (the one allowed to know by the civilians) because those place are linked to dark past or classified things. This, is for the World of Living.

On the other hand, Underworld is basically the perfect mirror image of World of Living. Everything is just the same but on the other side. For example, Korea is located west to Japan, in Underworld, Japan is west to Korea. And the naming thing in underworld is written backward as to not confuse the reader between each worlds, that means, Korea becomes Aerok , Seoul becomes Luoes , States becomes Setats , and etc. I will also use Italic for it, to make it easier to differentiate it.

 

Anyway, as I have told, things at that time are relatively the same with current time. And that includes Traditional Festival which more or less related to supernatural being. And in Wolf Baby , the boys are celebrating a Ghost Festival and Halloween mixed together. Here is an explanation taken from the story :

 

Every year, just right on full moon night of the seventh month in the lunar calendar, the portals which bridges the two worlds -Earth and Underworld world- are connected and opened wide. Along with it, a radiation of magic wafting off strongly reaching every creatures and giving them more power and an ease to travel between the worlds, which usually hard to do because of the turbulence created by the strong clash of barriers enveloping each worlds. And the costume, it was all originated by the underworld creatures who visit the world of living. Because they had very different body shape compared to human, most of them disguised themselves as human, using magic to veil their appearance and copy the human they saw so they can venture the world while blending in with ease. That has became a habit for very long time and spread around so vast that it has become tradition to disguise oneself as someone else on that festival.

For this annual event, Biztarians all celebrate it because it means they can meet with their families, friends and colleagues who live on the other world they usually not able to communicate easily. Earlier, Biztarians only celebrated the event in small circle, in a private gathering or party. But after long years of more and more people knowing each other and celebrating together, they all gather and combine their little parties into one huge festival anyone can join, it has became a day like Biztar Day when there is also a festival being held to celebrate the start of new era. Although not as great as Biztar Festival, Baekjung Festival -how they call it in Korea- is also a hugely anticipated event. And tonight, Hansol and Wonwoo are going to attend one of many parties held in Seoul.

 

Between the line, you can find that I include ‘Biztar Festival’, this is a very big festival held in Biztar, annually held across the worlds (World of Living and Underworld) to celebrate this new era. Every countries/areas have their own way to celebrate it, making it a great time to enjoy how everyone coexists with each other.

I haven’t posted anything with Biztar Festival, but if you remember Jeonghan, the light Fairy in Eve , I can tell you that Light Fairies often put on performances during this festival. It is really beautiful, you will see light twinkling anywhere around you and the most anticipated performance is the one held at the peak of the event, plethora of Light Fairies will be on a large stage and dance with their dust to create magical lines in the air.