Chapter 3

How did we end up here? (Yuwin)

Winwin (@Winko89)

Hey

good luck at the game today

I'll be watching 

so don't up

 

Yuta.N (@Takoyakiprince)

Thanks for your wise words 

of encouragement 

 

Winwin (@Winko89)

But seriously 

You're going to do great

So don't sweat it

 

Yuta.N (@Takoyakiprince)

Thanks 

I kinda needed that

 

Winwin (@Winko89)

You're welcome 

So how is your day so far

 

Yuta.N (@Takoyakiprince)

Good 

other then a freshman 

spilling soup on me

 

Winwin (@Winko89)

Oh

Rip that poor soul

 

Yuta.N (@Takoyakiprince)

More like rip my pants

I had to walk around for the whole day

with a patch of tomato soup

on my leg

The worst was that it was still 

uncomfortably warm

 

 

Winwin (@Winko89)

Damn

I shoulda taken a picture 

 

Yuta.N (@Takoyakiprince)

I would literally choke you 

 

Winwin (@Winko89)

You seem to forget that

Some people want to be choked

 

Yuta.N (@Takoyakiprince)

Do you?

 

Winwin (@Winko89)

I think I just died a little

but

no I treasure 

air thank you very much

 

Yuta.N (@Takoyakiprince)

Just asking

You never know

 

 

Winwin (@Winko89)

I have a frail body

so I'm pretty sure 

if someone even touched 

my throat my body would

collapse in on itself 

 

Yuta.N (@Takoyakiprince)

Whale then

 

Winwin (@Winko89)

Did you just

 

Yuta.N (@Takoyakiprince)

What?

 

Winwin (@Winko89)

“Whale then”

What are you?

13?

 

Yuta.N (@Takoyakiprince)

What's wrong with it?

 

Winwin (@Winko89)

How are you only one year older then me?

Are you educated in the world of texting?

 

Yuta.N (@Takoyakiprince)

I don't really text that often

 

Winwin (@Winko89)

I just spit out my damn tea

 

Yuta.N (@Takoyakiprince)

You drink tea?

 

Winwin (@Winko89)

That's not the ing point 

You are literally one of the most popular and hottest people 

at this trash school

and you don't text that often?

 

Yuta.N (@Takoyakiprince)

I usually text like a couple friends 

And talk to the rest

I also usually reject numbers

 

 

Winwin (@Winko89)

Why?

 

Yuta.N (@Takoyakiprince)

People usually like me for the looks

and popularity 

 

 

Winwin (@Winko89)

Yikes 

That's sad and deep 

 

Yuta.N (@Takoyakiprince)

Its fine

So you text a lot?

 

Winwin (@Winko89)

Omg

I at the bottom of the totem pole

And I text all the ing time

 

 

Yuta.N (@Takoyakiprince)

Well then you have a lot of friends 

 

Winwin (@Winko89)

That's funny

You're funny

 

 

Winwin (@Winko89)

Oh

I gotta go

But I will be there

 

Yuta.N (@Takoyakiprince)

But I won't see you

 

Winwin (@Winko89)

That's the point 

But don't worry because 

oh I can't believe I'm going to say this

bear with me here

if it makes you feel any better

over this past week

texting you has made me fall even deeper 

which I didn't think was possible 

Now I gotta go

before I combust into flames

 

 

Yuta.N (@Takoyakiprince)

Thank you

 

 

 

 

 

Sicheng groaned into his jacket. 

“ isn't good for the soul.” Ten said, applying eyeshadow while looking the mirror. Sicheng lifted his head from his jacket.

“Then you must be in some deep from the way you look at Johnny.” Sicheng smirked when Ten blushed a bright red and went back to applying his makeup. 

“So what happened now?” Yukhei said, his deep voice filling the room. 

“Just Sicheng and his crush.” Jisung replied. 

“Shut up.” Sicheng yelled. 

“You know.” Yukhei said, while munching on a cookie, “I can get Jungwoo to introduce you to Yuta.” 

“That's a horrible idea because first off,” Sicheng started, “I can't speak to the boy without having a ing seizure and second, you and Jungwoo would be making out in a corner somewhere, leaving little me alone to die.” Yukhei rolled his eyes.

“You're going to have to confront him sometime.” 

“My life motto is to run away from confrontations.” Sicheng replied taking a bite of a cookie. 

“We are up in five.” Taeyong said to the group. Sicheng began stretching on the floor. 

“Jaehyun.” 

“What?” The latter said, pulling out an earbud.

“I’m going to stay and watch the game afterwards.” Jaehyun lifted an eyebrow. 

“Why?” Jaehyun said, tilting his head. Sometimes he was too dense for his own good. Sicheng bit his lip. 

“Because I promised Yuta I would watch.” Jaehyun's jumped up and pinched Sicheng’s cheeks. 

“Look my child is growing up.” Sicheng slapped his hands away. 

“I will end you.” Sicheng deadpanned. 

“We are up.” Taeyong yelled. Sicheng got up and dusted off his pants, checking his makeup one last time before heading out. 

“Good luck!” He heard Yukhei and Jaehyun yell. 

 

The group walked in and Sicheng tried not to smile when crowd started cheering. He look towards where their team sat and saw Yuta with a towel and water bottle, watching them as they walked in. Sicheng bit his lip and took a deep breath. They all got in their places. The group as a whole looked almost funny, as their ages and heights were all over the place but they made it work. The music started and the crowd on the bleachers began cheering again. The dance was a simple cover that they tweaked and manipulated into something of their own. Taeyong had run the choreography into their heads and Sicheng was sure he was never going to forget the dance. Hell he could probably dance it asleep. He probably already has. 

The group split and Sicheng did an aerial in the middle. The crowd cheered even louder. They finally ended and Sicheng ran back to their dressing room. 

“Holy why do you always impress me.” Jaehyun asked. 

“Maybe because I'm amazing.” Sicheng said, wiping off his sweat and makeup.

 “Come on.” The Chinese exchange student said, pulling the other from his seat, “I’m not going to sit out there alone like a ing loser.” Jaehyun rolled his eyes but let the other pull him. They sat at the top of the bleachers, while the more rowdy people were seated below them. 

“Did you see Yuta when you were dancing I mean his eyes where all-.” 

“Shut up.” Sicheng said when the whistle blew. “So you are going to have to explain to me how the this game works.” Jaehyun looked at him, narrowing his eyes. 

“I'm a ing nerd do you really expect me to know how the hell this works?” Sicheng said and Jaehyun sighed. 

“To be honest I don't know even the rules, but I know you have to get the ball into the basket.”

“Even I ing knew that.” 

“Well I was trying to be helpful.” Sicheng rolled his eyes and focused on the court again. He could see Yuta passing and dribbling the ball to the other members. He could see the muscles move in his legs when he turned the other way and his hair was stuck to his forehead, wet from sweat. Sicheng wanted to take a picture. And hang it on his wall. Maybe frame if he had the chance.

“Might wanna close your mouth, you're attracting attention.” Jaehyun said, patting the others jaw. Sicheng hit his hand away when the crowd gasped. He looked over and Yuta was in the middle of the court, holding his leg. Sicheng grinded his teeth. 

“Who the pushed him.” Jaehyun held the other down as Yuta hobbled of the court. The manager rushed over and laid an ice pack on his knee. Even from the bleachers, Sicheng could see the pain on his face. 

“Somebody's going to die today.” He growled. 

“Okay why don't we focus back on the game?”

“How the am I supposed to focus when the reason I came here is currently sitting out because his knee is broken?” 

“Sicheng I don't think-.”

“Look at him.”

“Sicheng.”

“Look. At. Him.” 

Jaehyun sighed an buried his face in his hands. 

“Why does everyone think you are an angel when you are 180 centimeters of pure angst and sass?”

“Beats me.” 

 

 

 

Yuta sat on a chair, holding the ice pack on his knee. He winced as he tried to move the pack to the side. 

“How is it?” Doyoung asked, sitting beside him. 

“Probably sprained.” Yuta sighed. “Might be out for a couple weeks.” Doyoung put a hand on his shoulder in comfort. 

“You did your best.” Yuta rested his head on his hand and watched the game.  He looked into the bleachers and saw a boy from the dance team, hitting his friend on the chest. He was the one who did a flip during the dance. 

“Doyoung.” 

“Hmm?” 

“Who's the boy sitting at the top of the bleachers?” 

“The one smacking the dude?” 

“Yes.”

Doyoung shrugged. “I don't know, but I know he’s a Chinese exchange student.” 

“He’s cute.” Yuta mumbled and immediately regretted his action. Doyoung turned to face the other at the speed of light.

“What did you say?” 

“Nothing.”

“Say it dickwad.” Doyoung said, holding a water bottle in the air, getting ready to strike.

“Okay okay.” Yuta sighed. “He's pretty cute.”

“I don't care if you're injured but you better be telling me about this later you er.” Yuta laid back on the chair and sighed.

Only god can help me now