one

back to december
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul city


It's been 4years since i last visited my hometown. The winter wind crept in my skin like a light,and i kinda like it. I put on my fur coat and made my way out of my apartment..
I strolled around the city. The place hasn't changed even a bit. Tall buildings are still standing proud, the houses i grew up with are still there, neighbors are still friendly. Being in the states made me realize what i was missing. HOME.


I continued walking with no particular destination. I just let my feet take me wherever it wants. I kept on walking until i arrived at the place where i am familiar with.. The park.. I made my way to the park and sat at the bench which happens to be my favorite spot. The park is situated at the heart of seoul city. People from different walks of life usually makes this place as their rendezvous. Kids and teenagers loves to hang out here,and i too is not an exemption, for when i was in highschool, i used to hang out here every after class. Suddenly, a memory flashed in my mind..

 

He was 17and i was 14. I was in middle school while he was in highschool. I was enrolled in shinhwa middle school while he's in YG highschool. But that didn't stopped us from being friends. I met jiyong through a family friend when i was 9. I can still remember how we were introduced.
"Chaerin, this is jiyong. Jiyong, this is chaerin."
Said mr. Han, one of my Father's close associate and who happens to be jiyong's uncle from mother's side.
I shyly waved my hand at him. "Hello mr. Jiyong, nice meeting you."
He also responded with a sweet smile."hello! Please call me oppa. It sounds old when you call me mr. Im still 12 you know" .
From then on, we were inseparable.
We both knew each other so well. We can read each other like a book even without saying anything. He knew my secrets and he also knew mine. Just like when he flunked from school just to stalk her crush, and me stealing a dollar from my father to buy a comic book.We also have the same preference when it comes to food. We both love ramen and Japanese food. Truly, we stick together like siamese twins.
After our class, we would usually meet at the big tree at the park. It was our favorite spot since people seldom visits that place. There,we can have the silence that we want. It's like the park is our own world. Beside the tree is a bench where we would sit on. And oh, jiyong also made a swing out from used tire cars. He made it just for me.

It was the usually afternoon for me and jiyong. I was on the swing and he was lying on the bench.
"Oppa, do you have any crush right now?" I asked innocently. 
"Why do you ask?" Jiyong responded while his eyes were closed.
"Nothing oppa. Im just curious."
Yes,we may act as brothers and sisters infront of everyone, but deep inside,i feel something different for him.i would be a hypocrite if id say i don't have a crush on him. Every girls from shinhwa school drools over him,and they would even ask me if i could set them on a date with ji.
"Curious? Or are you jealous?" Jiyong turned his head on my direction.
I didn't look at him. "Me,jealous? No oppa. I just wanna know if you're interested with someone. Ofcourse as your only dongsaeng it is my duty to check if she's really right for you."
I can hear him laugh. Maybe because he noticed that i sound too defensive.
"Are you my mother or something? If i tell you who she is, then you would just scare her off."
"Yah! Im not like that!" I shouted and threw my left shoe at him.
,"but seriously. Yes i like someone." He said as he got up.
Ouch! I felt a slight pain in my chest. I just looked down lretending to play with my fingers. "So, do you go out on a date?"
"Not yet. You see chae, she's still a minor. And i don't want her parents to kill me if they find out im dating their daughter."
"Who..who is she oppa?is she from your school?" I asked.
He stood up and moved closer to the swing. "In time chae. If the time comes, you'll be the first to know. "
And that was my very first heart break.

 

 

​​​​​​

I sat at the swing for a couple of minutes. I feel like i was back from my 14 year old self. As i scan the while place, i saw a familiar face standing at the water fountain. It was mr. Oh, the ice cream vendor.  I stood up from the swing and excitedly ran towards him.
"Mr. Oh! How are you?" Smiled at him.
"Oh, chaerinah! Youre here! How are you? I haven't seen you for a long time!" The old man greeted. Though old and wrinkled, mr. Oh is still strong enough to sell ice cream to the park goers.
"Ah yes mr. Oh, i went to the states for four years. I just came back yesterday."
"I see. the states made you look more beautiful. You've changed a lot." He complimented.
"But im still the same chaerin who loves strawberry icecream. I miss your ice cream mr. Oh." I said as i remember how his icecream tasted.
He took

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter