Buried

Stranded - The Sin

About 2 hours later,  rescue squads came rushingly into the guesthouse. Everyone was already there. Yongguk and Jongup came 1 hour before together with the others. Actually, Dana and Eunbyul was sleeping in the attic for the wholetime. They tried to call their parents and cops several times before falling asleep there. 


Daehyun, Jaebum and Clairre acted like nothing happened. They already disposed and cleared the evidence. They claimed that Youngjae didn't go back to the guesthouse and they were aparted in the hill. Ara stayed silence for hours already. The rescue teams started to move to the hills and spread out to search for Youngjae. Deep inside, the four friends already knew, he wasn't there. Jaebum and Daehyun threw him over the cliff into the fierce sea.


Several cops escorted them to the rescue boats. Ara was still in daze and she couldn't think properly. Daehyun was always by her side, in case the lady would started to say anything to the cops. They started to question them one by one. A young male cop approached Ara. She was hugging her knees to her chest.


"Hi. I'm Lieutenant Kim. I will be the one in charge of your friend's missing. If you are okay I want to ask you several stuffs--", the cop asked softly. He could noticed her uneasiness by the question. Ara was shaking but she tried to hide it.


"I don't know. A-after they leave to f-find them, I fall asleep.... T-then... when I w-wake up ---"


Stripping his own leather jacket, Daehyun rushed towards Ara. "I'm sorry sir. She is not in a good state. I think this is not the right time to question her", he said while draping the jacket over Ara's shoulder. The girl nodded weakly. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder. His hand lightly rubbing Ara's shoulder, warning her. They exchanged a look. The cop stared at the two of them for a second before nodding his head and left them. 


"Everything gonna be alright", Daehyun said to her softly, trying to sooth her. He pulled her head closer to lay on his shoulder. She wept in silence, shedding tears. Daehyun quickly wiped her tears away, caressing her soft hair. From a corner, Jaebum and Clairre were observing them with a gawking eyes.


A month had passed, everyone seemed to forget about the incident except for the four. Ara didn't talk to the three of them anymore. She avoided them, even in class. Lieutenant Kim, the young cop in charge of the case,  kept bugging them to tell more about the night. 


"Just like what I testify before. I don't know anything", she told him. After that day, the cop stopped bugging her. Maybe he already gave up on the case. Even though she didn't like the fact that the cop kept pestering her but in her heart she was so thankful that at least someone was still continue looking for Youngjae. But now that the young liutenant already stopped coming to her campus, she was a bit upset. She knew she didn't have the right though. Through that, she finally finished her degree on the university with honor. And Youngjae's missing became a cold case.

To be continued >>>>>>>> 

Sequel : Secret - The Sin (completed)