Betrayal

Stranded - The Sin

The rain started pouring again. Two guys and a lady appeared before her. She was still startled and awestruck by the situation. Daehyun kneeled before Youngjae's body. The other two, Jaebum and Clairre rushed towards them. Jaebum became hysteric and started walking back and forth. Clairre approached Ara and hugged her shoulder.


Silence. 


"Guys, let's search for the clinic. T-there must be one around here.", Ara suggested, breaking the eeriness of the guesthouse.


Jaebum just shook his head. 


"No. No. I am dead--", he grumbled frustratingly. Jaebum was a full scholarship student at our University. He came from a common family and all his family members had a high hope on him. He couldn't afford a mistake or else the university was going to deny his scholarship. The competition was very insane and thanks to his hardworking, kindness and clean records, he could make it until now.


"If we don't he could die. Y-youngjae is dying--", Ara added again. Her tears already dried. 


"Let's abandon him", Daehyun cut, looking at them one by one. Ara gazed at him in daze. "What?? Daehyun-ah...", Ara muttered.


Silence again. Ara looked at her friends one by one. They seemed agreed with the suggestion. 


"G-guys. This ain't right", she stammered. She looked at them again. Her eyes started to water again. What is this? Five of them were close to each others since they were in the same course.


"Let's throw him into the sea before the others come back", Clairre spoke up bluntly. Right. The others. I totally forgot about them. 


"You are insane!!", she barked in disbelief.

"This is for the best", Jaebum exclaimed.

She stood up and faced Jaebum. Ara grabbed his collar weakly. She clenched her grip on the collar without a word. She stared onto his eyes deeply. Please no. She begged in silence.


Jaebum scoffed and pushed the lady away, making her stumbled to the ground. She was so stunned.

"Let's go", he said and started to lift Youngjae. Daehyun helped him. She got on her feets, trying to stop them but Clairre got on her way. The short-hair girl hugged her tightly. 


"Ara. Listen. He won't make it. Either way he won't make it. Even if we try to find the clinic, trust me the wound is too deep. Only major hospital can do the operation. But you see .. there's none in this island", the girl spoke up, hugging her even tighter. "This is the best way. Let's not ruin our future. You'll be a suspect too. Everyone know you are not in good term with him-- alright Ara. So let's---".


Ara cut her friend's word, "--You guys are unbelievable. Please-- Don't". She cried again.


Ignoring her, Jaebum and Daehyun brought the body outside and they disappeared before her eyes. Clairre finally released her from her chest. Ara sat down in dismay. She could't believe her eyes and ears. Friend? It was just a word to describe someone that stay with you even at your deepest slump. But not everyone can be considered friend. Even if you consider them as one but maybe not for them. Friend wasn't always there for you. Everyone wanted to survive to their finest even by eradicating selfless in themselves. This is the real world.