Friend?

Stranded - The Sin

She was looking at the rain drops, dripping on the transparent glass-window while waiting for the noodles to soften. She just put the hot water into the noodle cups. The 23-years old lady stared on the window blankly. 


"Hey", someone entered the kitchen and joined her, staring blankly on the window. Jung Daehyun, her coursemate.


"Hurm", she replied uninterestingly. 


The guy glanced at her. "You are still mad at me? You must have been thinking I'm the one at fault. Well, I suppose so. I'm the one that ask you guys to join this MT", he let out what had he kept inside of him.


She sighed softly and told him, "No.. It's not your fault". She then walked towards the table and peeked inside the bowl. Nice. She handed him two cups of instant noodles and she picked the other two. 


"Y-youngjae. I just want you two to make up", Daehyun blurted from behind. She ignored him and started pacing out of the kitchen.


"Ara-yah. How long you two want to keep that up. It has been 2 months already", he said again, now his voice raised as well.


The lady stopped by the kitchen entrance. "I tried. That's why I joined this MT. B-but ... I just can't forget that day--- How could he--", she replied back and continued walking. Daehyun groaned heavily and followed her steps.


They went to the hall, where the others were resting. Ara handed one of the cup noodle to Yongguk. The leader was resting on the couch. She sat beside him, trying to avoid her nosy friend. Daehyun sat next to Jongup and gave him the cup noodle. They ate in silence. 


2 months ago, Ara and Youngjae had a huge fight. In other word, all of their coursemates knew about their fight. Before, they were close to each other and was on the same presentation group for human resources course. But, on the presentation day, Ara was not feeling well. She was admitted to the hospital because of a high fever. So Youngjae was the one to do the presentation. In other mean, taking all the credits. And the worse yet, he didn't explain Ara's condition on the very important day. He simply said she was absent and he didn't know. So the professor demerited her points and she almost had to repeat another year just because of that. They even had a big confrontation in the lecture hall. Since that day, these two never talk to each other again.