Hope

Stranded - The Sin

The lightning struck twice and the rain started pouring heavily. Only the moonlight brightened the island. All of the electricity on the small island was cut off an hour ago due to the unpleasant weather. Two girls cuddled on a corner of the guesthouse hall, staring at their club leader, Yongguk. He was walking back and forth in the dark room. Ara, also the new club member, was sitting on the sofa, leaning her back against the sofa. She was staring blankly on the ceiling. Their anxiety went up as the thunders became louder, breaking the silence of the gloomy night. 


Loud footsteps on the hallway made the anxious man rushed towards the entrance door. Two men entered the hall with an unsteady breath. Jongup the one in the khaki hoodie approached the leader. Daehyun followed his steps.


“So how?? Can you contact them ??”, Yongguk asked the hoodie guy, grabbing the guy’s arm. He was impatient. 


He tried to catch a breath and spoke up, “Y-yeah…. They did receive the call  .. But then—“


“-But what ?”, Yongguk cut him.


“There won’t be any rescue due to the storms and the rain is pouring down now. They can’t send any help for now. But as soon as the storm is over they’ll send the rescue team A.S.A.P”


Sighing deeply, the leader shut his eyes  and covered his face into his palm. “So, they told us to wait. The kids are out there…. And they freaking told us to wait”, he spoke up again. “I’m not gonna wait here. I just can’t. Let’s go and find them--”.


“--Don’t be idiot. Can’t you see the lightning was striking so crazy outside? Just calm down okay. They must have found a shelter”, Ara opened . She let out a heavy sigh.


Jongup, the hoodie guy muttered slowly, "Sunbae, Ara sunbae was right. Waiting here is the best. Searching for them on this weather is no good either. Let’s wait until the lightning is over”.


The room was silence again. Only the lightning sound that splitted apart the sky broke the eerie night on the guesthouse.