Hope for Tomorrow

Song Fics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hope for Tomorrow

Tomorrow by BTS (watch if you want)

For @ChaitanyaChinky (she writes wonderful stories, check her out if you have time :) )

 

italics= thoughts

 

You looked out at the horizon from the rooftop of your apartment building. You watched the sun steadily sink lower and lower in the sky, watched as the light receded and the darkness came forth. You saw the battle waging on, as the darkness fought its way forward and pushed the light further and further back. You noticed people rushing inside intent on staying out of the dark. Tonight there was no pale light from the moon, only storm clouds brewing and rumbling, threatening to burst and flood the world.

You shivered as the chilly wind blew through your light sweater and seeped into your skin. The sky rumbled again, a warning to go inside. Still, you stayed and waited. What you waited for you didn’t even know. What compelled you to keep your feet in place and continue watching the sun disappear was beyond you. You just knew you couldn’t leave yet.

Soon the sun was completely gone. The dark had won and was now covering every inch and corner of your small town. The rumbling had stopped overhead but one glance up and you would know it was because it was time for them to unleash their wrath. The first drops of icy cold water hit your skin one at a time. A small downpour that seemed harmless. But within minutes that changed as drop, after drop, after drop, began hitting you. Your sweater didn’t last long, becoming easily soaked in water. Your hair began to become plastered to your face. The cold got to you and you began to shiver more violently. Still, you stayed.

Minutes passed by and you stayed frozen staring down at the world. The wet asphalt, the leaves swaying slightly in the breeze, the few stray cats, and dogs seeking shelter under shop canopies. You watched everything play out as if in a trance, one you’d willingly subjected yourself too.

“Y/N?” A soft melodious voice called out to you, and soon the drip of water against skin could no longer be felt. You glanced up at the bright yellow umbrella which was above you for a second then shifted your gaze back to the streets, saying nothing. Waiting, always waiting.

“You’re going to catch a cold if you stay out here like this.” The voice warned.

“I don’t want to go inside.” You answered. Your friend sighed and was silent for a moment, then you felt a warm hand on your shoulder.

“I know its hard Y/N… but you’ll get through this.” The voice whispered trying to comfort you.

“Will I?” You asked.

“Yes.” They answered.

You turned to face your companion with tired eyes. “You’re wrong. Just like the darkness overtaking the light every night, I’ll always fail.” You responded and then walked away towards the door, not giving them a chance to reply.

**************************

Grabbing a towel you peeled yourself out of your wet clothes discarding them into the laundry basket. You dry yourself with the towel removing all the water from your skin and in your hair. Still, the cold lingers and you shiver. The cold has set into your bones and you almost feel like you’ll never be warm again. You grab a pair of pajamas and put them on allowing yourself some warmth, though not nearly enough.

You walk to the edge of your bed and pull back the covers before slipping in and laying on your back. You stare at the ceiling thinking. The rain is pounding against your windowpane,  a steady rhythm meant to keep people

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter