Choose Me... Please (Jikook)

Song Fics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For Jikookpls

 

Jungkook watched as Jimin made his way across the dancefloor with another man. He watched as Jimin smiled and talked to the man before him, his whole demeanor serene and sweet. It pained his heart to watch this, to see Jimin with someone who wasn't him. But what can he do? It wasn't up to him to announce to the whole world what they meant to each other. No, if he did that, Jimin would leave him for sure, and that would be a more painful blow then anything he had to endure right now.

The song came to an end and Jimin finally pulled away from his partner to make his way over to the punch table. Jungkook watched and then made his way over just as a new song began playing. Once he was in front of the elder he smiled at the shorter male and held out his hand. "Can I have the next dance?" he asked sweetly knowing Jimin wouldn't refuse him, even if it was technically not a good idea for him to dance with Jungkook.

"Of course," Jimin answered with a small smile as he took a hold of Jungkook's hand and the two made their way back into the crowd of dancing bodies. Jungkook placed his hands on Jimin's narrow waist and began leading the dance. The two swayed on the dancefloor looking intently into each other's eyes. Not a word was spoken between them, and yet a whole conversation was being held between their eyes.

Jungkook wanted ever so badly to lean down and leave a quick kiss on Jimin's supple lips, but he had to remind himself that those lips weren't his... at least not in public. Behind closed doors was another matter. Still, he wished it could be like that. That he could kiss Jimin whenever he wanted, could hold his small hand in his own big one while walking side by side, wished he could spoil Jimin and give him everything good in life. But it wasn't like that. He wasn't allowed to do any of those things. He wasn't allowed to have Jimin with the whole world knowing. Jimin was a secret, their love was a secret... and Jungkook was afraid it would always be like that, no matter how much he wished it wasn't.

Even if the two of them knew they were meant for each other, even if they knew they were perfect together, even though they completed one another in a way no one else could, it didn't matter. Because in the end they still couldn't be together. Jimin wasn't meant for Jungkook, he was already promised to someone else.

Sometimes Jungkook wondered if he should convince Jimin to leave his wealth behind and run away with him. He wondered if he promised Jimin forever, would Jimin agree and start a lovely life together. He knew he'd give Jimin the world, he'd leave his own life behind for a future with Jimin, but he doubted Jimin would do the same for him. Jimin was someone who always played it safe, so why would he risk everything for Jungkook? The answer to that question often scared him because he was afraid the answer was he wouldn't, and that's what kept Jungkook from pushing.

"How have you been Jungkook?" Jimin suddenly asked, breaking the silence as Jungkook twirled him around.

"I've been well... And you?" Jungkook asked back as he once again had Jimin face him and the two continued to sway to the classical music.

"I've been good.... But I'd be even better if I got to see you more often. You've been away too long."

"It's only been three days since we last saw each other."

"Three days too long. I really missed you."

"Did you?" Jungkook questioned with a teasing lilt to his voice.

"Of course I did, you know that," Jimin responded, eyes boring into Jungkook's own.

"I do... I missed you too," Jungkook replied leaning a little closer. Jimin made no move to push him away just yet.

"Should we meet up tonight? I can sneak out of the house to meet you at our usual spot," Jimin offered.

"... I don't know if that's a good idea. After all, this is your official engagement party tonight isn't it?"

"It is... But who cares?"

A good question, Jungkook thought, feeling his stomach turn, because he cared. He was also sure Jimin's future husband would care even if they didn't seem close yet. After all, the two had been engaged since birth.

"I'm sure your future husband would care," Jungkook finally retorted.

"Hmm, I doubt that. He doesn't even know me," Jimin responded.

"Not yet. But you're officially engaged, so he will," Jungkook said.

"Why are you talking about him? Don't you want to talk about us? Don't you want me?" Jimin questioned with a pout on his adorable face.

If only you knew how much I want you, Jungkook thought to himself as he stared at Jimin intently. What he'd give for Jimin to be his forever if only the elder knew. "If you're sure you can sneak away, I'll be waiting for you," Jungkook promised as their little dance came to an end.

* * * *

Jungkook waited in the abandoned warehouse by the Han river for Jimin to come. It was way past midnight, being only a quarter till 1. The engagement party had ended over two hours ago and Jungkook hadn't changed from his formal attire having chosen to go straight to their spot and wait for his secret lover. He wondered if maybe Jimin wasn't going to come, after all, maybe he'd completely forgotten or got held up by his fiancé.

Thinking about Jimin's fiancé made Jungkook sad. He wished it were him, he wished he was the one the elder's parents had decided to engage Jimin to, but he knew he was the last choice for them. Jimin's parents and his own had been at odds for years, barely tolerating each other simply because they were both top companies in all of Korea and partnership between them was better than the competition.

Sighing and shaking his head to stop thinking about how things could have been different, Jungkook looked down at his wristwatch. Five minutes had passed and still, there was no sign of Jimin. He pulled out his phone and was disappointed to see no messages. Couldn't the elder have at least sent a text to let him know if he was coming soon or not? Jungkook continued to wait while staring out at the river, watching the current move it along. It was dark, but the city lights beyond the river were beautiful.

The lovely red, green, blue, and yellow hues that the bustling city gave off a feeling that made Jungkook appear small and insignificant in the grand scheme of things. It was watching the city on nights like these that he realized how interconnected yet distant everything was. Everyone who lived in the city had their own lives, own plans for the future, own problems. They had relationships with one another and cared about certain groups of people, making them close. Yet at the same time, no one in the city could possibly know everyone else, much less care for them all, and that is where the distance lied. Something as simple as a city was so intricate and hard to understand. So how could he expect life to be any different? Life was also bound to appear simple but be a complicated mess when analyzed, much like his life felt at that moment.

"Kookie?" Jimin's voice called out from a little over a yard away. Jungkook turned his head and spotted Jimin coming up the hill to the warehouse. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter