Were We Meant to Be?

Song Fics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

For @nearmazi (They are amazing and write a bunch of cool bts fics! Check them out!)

Y/N: Your Name
C/N: Crush Name
Italics: past

    “Y/N, you ready?” your manager asked as you took in a shaky breath and nodded your head. You straightened out your posture and faced the double doors with a steel determination glinting in your eyes. You could do this. You had to do this, it was the only way you’d ever be free of your past that’s kept you down for years.

    With one final smile, your manager pushes you forward and onto the stage. You smile a peaceful smile as you walk towards the center of the stage where the host was waiting for you. “And here comes our surprise guest now!” the host said as they turned to look at you while the crowd cheered. As soon as they saw you, their eyes widened and a look of surprise overtook their face. You looked straight at them with a confident smile though inside your heart was pounding. It really had been too long since you last saw C/N.

    “I never loved you Y/N,” C/N said.

    “Y-you don’t m-mean that,” you whisper, your voice shaking.

    “No, I do mean it. I never liked much less loved you Y/N. You were just a means to an end,” C/N went on.

    “T-there’s no w-way… W-what about e-everything w-we’ve be-been through?”

    “It was all meaningless.”

    “No… you… You couldn’t have faked it all!”

    “Of course I did. You’re really easy to fool,” C/N said while scoffing.

    You shook your head still denying it, “You… you’re only saying this because I yelled at you… Y-you don’t mean it… I-I’m so sorry.”

    “Let’s not drag this out Y/N. You can’t honestly tell me you really thought I loved you?” C/N responded with a sigh, a faraway look in their eyes.

    You couldn’t believe your ears, you couldn’t accept their words. It wasn’t real. This wasn’t happening. They couldn’t possibly mean it, but you knew, deep down, you knew. You knew this was real, you’d known for a while that they weren’t being sincere; you’d felt it. You’d felt them drawing away from you, you’d felt the distance for some time, you’d just refused to accept it. You were content living an illusion and remaining blind. You’d readily accepted every sweet word, every kind gesture, every thoughtful action. You wanted them to be real and so you let yourself believe they were, though you knew deep down… they weren’t. Things had changed, been changing for a whole month.

    “Now if we’re done here, I’ve a train to catch,” C/N said and without another word, they turned around and walked away.

    You stared at C/N’s back as they walked away, tears streaming down your face. You didn’t want to believe it. You had been so blinded by love, you couldn’t believe it. The last words exchanged between the two of you were words you never wanted to hear from the other. Words of hate, words that shattered your heart, words that made you ache and hurt in the worst ways imaginable. Whoever said words can’t hurt you was probably never in love.

    “Y/N,” C/N whispered as if in a trance. You simply walked past them and waved towards the crowd, ignoring their very presence for the time being. You addressed the cheering fans.

    “How is everyone tonight?!” you yelled out at the crowd and heard a source of goods and okays float through the air.

    “I’m glad! I’m honored to be here tonight and I’m honored to see all of you!” you said with a huge smile as you made your signature pose and sent finger hearts towards the crowd. In that time C/N got their bearings and began doing their job.

    “Oh wow, who would have thought we’d have the honor of having Y/N join us tonight! It’s my pleasure to meet you, Y/N! Please have a seat and we can start this interview,” C/N said as they gestured towards the seats on stage.

    “Thank you,” you said as you gracefully sat down and got comfortable. As soon as you were seated and ready, you looked up and into C/N’s eyes once again, your own eyes unblinking and daring, as if you were challenging C/N.

    A month after C/N left, you watched the screen of the TV in contempt as you witnessed C/N going on stage, the audience screaming and clapping without pause as C/N smiled at them all while waving at the cameras. That smile… it still tore you apart every time you witnessed it on TV. It was the smile you’d always thought was reserved just for you, but now you knew it for what it really was. It was a smile full of lies… of deceit. As you watched them talk and host their show, you could only reminisce about the times they’d spoken such soft and sweet words to you, words that touched your heart and made it flutter. Words that made you want to believe that you were meant to be. But you know it’s not so. And now all these memories did was cause you pain. They ignited hatred and anger, and you just wanted to forget everything about C/N. But you couldn’t because despite all the lies, pain, and betrayals… you were sadly still in love.

    “So, I’m sure the crowd here would like to know, what was the inspiration behind your latest hit song? Love Story?” C/N asked, a slight tremor in their voice as they began asking you questions.

    “Ah, I was sure this question would come up today, but I had no idea it would be the first one!” you said as you giggled sweetly while looking towards the crowd to answer.

    “It’s actually a kind of personal song. For me, Love Story is about my first love,” you said as you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter