You'll Make It

Song Fics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hall of Fame by The Script(watch the video if you want)

italics= thoughts

 

**************************

“Who do you think you are?”

No, the real question is who do you think you are.

“You’re a nobody!”

Then what does make you?

“Stop it already.”

You stop it.

“Just quit while you can.”

Make me.

“You’re just going to fail. Aren’t you afraid of that?”

No, you’re just afraid of failing yourself.

“Why bother trying? Just stop.”

Never. Why should I give up?

“You’ll never make it!”

You don’t know that.

“You’re too stupid.”

I’m not, you, yourself think I am.

“Dumb.”

Don’t say that.

“Give up”

I’ll never give in. I’ll keep trying.

**************************

“I’ll be honest, I am impressed with how well you all did on this first exam. Historically students make an average of 70 on the exam. But the grades this time were much higher. Overall everyone passed except for a couple of students. The majority of your grades were in the high 80’s or low 90’s with the median being 88 and out of a 100. For those who managed to make above an 80, I commend you, keep up the good work.” The professor said to her students before leaving the exams at the front for the students to pick up. 

The students all rushed to the front as soon as class ended to pick up their exam and see how they’d done. You waited near the back for the large group of students to clear out. As you watched your fellow classmates cheer over their scores, you grew more and more eager to see your own grade. You had worried about the exam and studied very hard, and when you’d taken it, you had been confident over your answers. All in all, you were expecting a good grade.

The mass of students finally cleared and you were among the last to look for their exam, finding it relatively quickly since there weren’t many exams left. Smiling to yourself you flipped the front page and a glaring red 62 staring at you. The smile immediately vanished from your face as you looked at the grade with wide eyes. Suddenly you weren’t feeling so well.

****************************

“How long have you been working on that?”

A while, what’s it to you?

“When will you give up? You really think working harder will help?”

Why do you keep asking?

“You already failed, working more isn’t going to change anything. This is all a waste of time. You’ll never amount to anything.”

At least I’m trying. I’m doing something.

“You’re just too stupid. Only geniuses make it.”

You just need to stop being so negative.

“Be realistic.”

I am.

******************************

“Y/N L/N?” The voice on the phone asks and you reply saying “this is she/he”

“Ah ok, well we are calling in regards to the application you sent us. We’d like to schedule an interview. What days and times would you be available next week?” The voice asks and you feel your heart pound in your chest. You’d actually managed to score an interview!

“I’m available anytim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter