Chapter 5

Eyes On You

August the seventh.

This is the day where schools will reopen again.

If anyone told Haechan that today is  going to be the most exciting day, they'll definitely get snarled at by him.

Why?

Because today is Monday, one of the day that he hates the most. Well, to be exact he hates every school days. After all, they will follow him again. He was lucky enough to get away the last time they chased him down the street. It's a miracle that they haven't found his house yet. He also had to bump into his bullies, of course in the school. Resulting him to have black eyes and a few broken ribs.

Ring!

Ok . What's that?

There's no one who's supposed to know about the location of hus house. Except for his publisher

And

Na Jaemin

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Crap!

No!

No no no no no no no no no no no!

He's not supposed to go to his house! He probably want to go to school with him together! Didn't Haechan said it yesterday?! To go to school separately??

He even lied to him that he had to go to school early due to his cleaning duty.

 

Stupi- Silly Haechan

 

Who would believe his lie anyways? Like, how can he have a cleaning duty when it's just the first day of school.

 

Too bad it's too late.

 

Haechan knew what kind of person Na Jaemin is.

 

Stubborn.

 

Whether he want it or not, Jaemin will definitely go to school with him.

But what's going to happen now?

What if his debt collectors follow him again and saw Jaemin with him?

What if they threat Jaemin too?

Worse of all,

What if Jaemin know about his problems? After all this years that he never told him?

----------------------------------------------------------

"Hyuck" called Jaemin to his childhood friend.

 

No response

 

"Hyuck~"

 

Still no response.

 

"Hyuuckiee~"
Fed up with the situation, Jaemin had no choice but to use his secret weapon. Aegyo.

Seeing Jaemin pouting like a goldfish, Haechan sigh lazily.
"What is it?"

"Finally! I thought you lost your ability to hear or speak! Seriously, what's wrong with you? You haven't speak anything since we left your house. Mind to explain to me?" Jaemin let out his frustation.

Jaemin really can't hold it back when Haechan start to ignore him even just for a few minutes. He's his bestfriend! They had been together since they are very young. Sure he got a lot of other friend when he was abroad. But they can't replace his precious Lee Donghyuck , a.k.a Haechan. He was very happy when the doctor said that he had fully recovered. This meant that he can return back to his  only home and meet Haechan again.

But now?

Haechan dared to ignore him just like that?

At the moment, negativity wins over him.

'Maybe Haechan had replaced me with someone else.'

'Or even forgot about the times when we had spend together in the past.'

While Jaemin is busying himself with his unnecessary thought, Haechan who was about to answer his question frozen as he saw a few mans clad in black suit coming to their way.

"'Oh no, this isn't the right time." Whisper Haechan to himself.

 

Well, he thought he did.

 

"What's not the right time?" The voice of Jaemin shocked him from his trance.

Realising how close those mens are right now, he quickly grab Jaemin who release a shriek as he did so without noticing his friend who's hurting because of his strong grip on the other's hand.

Panic overcame him without his realisation.

Each steps that he took adding up his pace little by little. By the time he turns around the corner, he sprints off with flumbing Jaemin behind him. He even prays that he won't be caught today as well.

Unfortunately, god doesn't take his side this time. He make a wrong turn and end up with dead end infront of him.

"Dammit!! We're dead!" Shout anxious Haechan to nobody.

Jaemin who was leaning against the wall confused. "W-what?! What are you talking about!? Hyuck!"

Before Haechan can reply his answer, his sight was interrupted by shadows.

Yeah it's his debt collectors.

His late father's to be exact.

"So~ it's look like that the kitten is finally got caught by its predators. What should we do know eh?" Ask one of to the shadows to his friend. He's the only one who wears his black suit with a red converse shoes within four of them. Eww. Such a bad taste.

Haechan who was triggered withe the name hissed as he tries to hide Jaemin behind him. "Look . Back off you s. Try to touch us and you're dead."

Being an s they are, they laughts. "We will see about that."

Then, the shortest of them suddenly realise the existence of the brown haired boy behind their prey. "Hey! Look here. Its look like he brought his friend along this time." Said the other while stiffling his laught.

"Aigooo~ are you sure about this? How can a pretty boy like this help you kitten? Now, why don't you and your friend come with us? I'm sure that our boss will be soo happy that he even forgive you. Perhaps he'll also forget about your father's debt." Said the first person who talked to them before.

Tch! They are so digusting. How can they dress like some high class mafia. Can't they just accept that they're just some lowly thugs?

Haechan sweat dropped. Isn't there any way out of this place? He look to every corner of the dead end. There have to be! God, please give him a chance. Haechan will gladly accept it even if is as small as the only coin in his wallet. He'll make sure that he use it wisely.

"Wow there. Don't you even think that you can run again from us. Now lets go." Without anyone's concern, one of them harshly took both Haechan and Jaemin's hand and drag them out of the dead end. He probably want to kidnap them

"Hyuck!! What is the meaning of this!!!" Jaemin shouted to Haechan with all of his might. He was so scared with all of this.

 

Who is these people?

What do they want?

 

Jaemin looked at his friend. Are Haechan concealing something from him?

 

No way.

 

He couldn't be. They had promised to each other to to never keep something as a secret between themselves.

Jaemin, however doubt it now.

Haechan was shaking as his eyes darts to anything that he could.

Remind Jaemin next time to ask his bestfriend kindly about this.

 

If they're still alive.

 

Both of them were thrashing around in the shadows holds wildly as they tries to keep Jaemin and Haechan still.

But no avail. Those two are just out of  control.

Haechan bites the hand of the person who is the closest to him, earning an earful scream. At the moment, he take his opportunity to run.

Ofcourse he took Jaemin with him again. Jaemin, who mentally curse at him just shook his head violently.

'This must be a dream! Yes it is! I'm probably  still sleeping at my home, on my cozy bed. I will wake up in any minutes from now. And of course! By the time i wake up, Hyuck will be there too and be with me forever until the end." Thought Jaemin

 

Bang!
Bang!
Bang!
Bang!

 

Just a few steps away from the thugs, gunshots were heard by Jaemin and Haechan. They can only duck down and close their eyes and ears as they completely exposed to anyone who want to kill them.

Useless.

 

It's not like they will be safe anyways.

 

Except if

 

They are not the targeted one this time.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Silence engulf in the air

Both Haechan and Jaemin are still frozen in their place.

Who knows that in the blink of time, something like this can be happen.

 

Look at those crimson liquids.

Does that even real?

 

Jaemin examine the bodies infront of him carefully. He suddenly feels like vomiting  right there, right now.

He just can't accept what just happen to Haechan and him.

Can someone pleasee tell him.

What had he got himself into?